Is the story better this time?

#1CyberLance26Posted 4/20/2012 10:53:42 AM(edited)
One of the few big things i did not like about the first Prototype was that it was hard to care about the story and the characters.

For some reason the way the game told its story did a very bad job in making you interested in what was going on.
Atlest to me.
I remember that it was hard to pay attention to the story and i did not really know why i did what i did sometimes.

Seems some people got Prototype 2 already so is the story and the characters better this time?
#2BlackSheepWallsPosted 4/20/2012 11:07:51 AM

First of all Alex was pretty boring, he had a few cool moments though, when he chased this guy in the thermrabic tank for example. The story of prototype was pretty good, but saddly they did tell it in such a bad way...

#3Qc89Posted 4/22/2012 4:20:56 AM
much better. Believe me, I have the same opinion about prototype1's story, and this time they nailed it right.
---
I hate whiners.
#4tzar_666Posted 4/22/2012 7:32:41 AM
even the premic is better so yes
---
"questions are a burden to others and a danger to you"- cleveland brown
#5CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 10:17:17 AM
Qc89 posted...
much better. Believe me, I have the same opinion about prototype1's story, and this time they nailed it right.

Thank you im very happy to hear that. :)
Prototype 1 got awesome and very fun gameplay but the story was pretty boring and did not motivate you to continue to see what was gonna happen next much.

Seems like Prototype 2 is gonna have better and more fun gameplay and if the story is also good and makes you care about what is going on and the characters this time its gonna be a way better game.

Games are always much more fun if they got a good story and characters you care about.
#6BlackSheepWallsPosted 4/22/2012 12:12:01 PM

The story of Prototype1 was pretty good, they only told it very bad. That makes the hole thing even worse...

#7CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 5:30:59 PM
Well there seemed to be a big amount of backstory about when they created the virus that you saw when you consumed those special people in the city but you saw so little of it everytime you consumed one of them it was kinda hard to understand.

So yea maybe the story in Prototype 1 was good but they did a really bad job in telling the players this story.
Hope they learned there lesson and did better storytelling in Prototype 2.
#8AxepriestPosted 4/23/2012 3:38:55 AM
The story is definitely better here. They even delve into a lot of what was missing aboiut the frst one. Plust all the side stuff is connected to the story so you always feel involved.
I got a little shock myslef just collecting blackboxes. Those are devices dotted around town on dead blackwatch soldiers that have recorded what they were doing. There I was happily flying about slicing this dude disembowling another when I come across one, excelllent, I thought, another upgrade for me. I chose my upgrade and after exiting the menu the recorder plays.

Mother: " No, please he didn't do anything"
Blackwatch: "Ma'am I need to hear your son speak"
Mother: "No, he's not infected, he's just autistic, he can't"
Sound of gunfire
Mother "Noooo!"

I got all teary. :(
#9CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 6:35:13 PM
Axepriest posted...
The story is definitely better here. They even delve into a lot of what was missing aboiut the frst one. Plust all the side stuff is connected to the story so you always feel involved.
I got a little shock myslef just collecting blackboxes. Those are devices dotted around town on dead blackwatch soldiers that have recorded what they were doing. There I was happily flying about slicing this dude disembowling another when I come across one, excelllent, I thought, another upgrade for me. I chose my upgrade and after exiting the menu the recorder plays.

Mother: " No, please he didn't do anything"
Blackwatch: "Ma'am I need to hear your son speak"
Mother: "No, he's not infected, he's just autistic, he can't"
Sound of gunfire
Mother "Noooo!"

I got all teary. :(

Thank you great to hear. :)

Its important to me that games got a good story so very happy to hear that the developers seems to have put more effort into the story of Prototype 2 than they did on the first game.

Now im looking forward to buy the game tomorrow way more than before.
#10ry_mannPosted 4/23/2012 7:32:09 PM
Radical can tell a good story when they want to. Time constraints force them to modify their methods of getting out out there though. Plus the original game's story was hard to follow because, as said above, you got so many small pieces of it that it didn't make too much sense.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com