So are the combos really more limited than in prototype 1?

#1Azure01Posted 4/25/2012 11:19:47 AM
Cause thats honestly whats pushing me to just put my reserve money on uncharted 3 and assassins creed 3.
---
DLC and season passes... guess it's time to give up video games. RIP Bernie Mac ,and Isaac Hayes who died a day after Bernie.
#2PS3Gamer5000Posted 4/25/2012 11:40:13 AM
They don't seem more limited to me (though I haven't played the first one for a while). For one thing

*Spoiler*

You can use 2 different powers at once and combine the two in combos with square and triangle.
#3Azure01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 12:50:29 PM
I heard about that bout does it make you feel as though they should've worked on it more or is the game fun even with less combos?
---
DLC and season passes... guess it's time to give up video games. RIP Bernie Mac ,and Isaac Hayes who died a day after Bernie.
#4Xcon3Posted 4/25/2012 12:53:34 PM
Honestly, it feels like they designed much more useful skills this time around...

In the first game many of the vast moveset were very situational, hard to use effectively, or downright useless.

I have yet to run into a single move that is useless up to this point...

Even the basic kick can be used to stunlock grounded vehicles.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#5Azure01(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 1:00:22 PM
Xcon3 posted...
Honestly, it feels like they designed much more useful skills this time around...

In the first game many of the vast moveset were very situational, hard to use effectively, or downright useless.

I have yet to run into a single move that is useless up to this point...

Even the basic kick can be used to stunlock grounded vehicles.

Thanks so hopefully choosing this game was the right decision.
---
#6ChibiraziPosted 4/25/2012 1:28:59 PM
Well thats only partly true as once again,as soon as your get your hands on the blades there is not really a reason to change it apart from aoe through the hammerfists(which is lacking).

And yes the combos are a lot more limited,especially unarmed combat got drastically got cut down.
#7Xcon3Posted 4/25/2012 1:35:49 PM

Well thats only partly true as once again,as soon as your get your hands on the blades there is not really a reason to change it apart from aoe through the hammerfists(which is lacking).

And yes the combos are a lot more limited,especially unarmed combat got drastically got cut down.

Yeah I haven't got that far yet so I really can't comment on later abilities. I just know so far I'm enjoying the skill system much more because everything has been useful.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#8chaosnomadzeroPosted 4/25/2012 3:26:40 PM
I'm pretty sure there aren't less combos if anything it felt like there were more I think it's just the way you get them is a bit different although if there are less than it's not by much... I think the ability to use two different weapons at a time makes up for any lost combos or attacks I only ever used basic combos in the first prototype anyways so a lack of extra crap isn't as big a deal to me I do miss the armor form though... Good thing it'll be in the upcoming dlc!!
#9VCPPosted 4/26/2012 6:36:37 PM
Combo's are alot more limited and the game is worse for it. All the fun little combo's you could do for fun in the first game are now gone.

Game has better combat from an AI/Flow perspective, with the shield, dodge and other things but the fun stuff is all gone. The story missions etc are better because of it but the sandbox is alot worse.

Example you can no longer Shuryuken old ladys, grab them in the air and then piledrive them into the ground over and over. You are now limited in ways to kill things because most can only be killed in a certain way with a certain weapon since there is now only ONE COMBO PER WEAPON.
#10A_Nonny_MoosePosted 4/26/2012 6:50:01 PM
Yeah, most of the moves that were totally useless in actual combat but fun use of civilians for ****s and giggles have been removed.
---
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png