Just beat the game, the story sucks (spoilers)

#1Arconon1010Posted 4/25/2012 3:02:57 PM
Prototype 2 has one of the worst stories of any game made in the last few years. The story was the exact same **** throughout...

Heller: "My family is dead, I want to kill Mercer!"
Heller: "Now that I have this power, I really wanna kill Mercer!!!"
Heller: "Mercer has my daughter, now I REALLY want to kill Mercer!!"
((Heller kills Mercer... The End))

That just sucked... There were absolutely no twists or anything fun in the story whatsoever. An example of a small twist from the first one, the dude that helps you throughout most of the game (a blackwatch dude, forgot his name) turns out to be a virus mutant himself. I was slightly surprised. But in this game... nothing.

A more compelling story would have been one where Mercer and Heller ended up having to team up at the very end of the game to kill some freakishly powerful mutant, or a huge blackwatch monster tank, or hell, even a damn insect!

I thought before playing this game they would end up making Mercer and Heller team up (ex Prototype 3) and have some kick-ass co-op. But no... Heller kills Mercer kthxbye...

Does anyone else agree with me at least a little? The gameplay was awesome for the most part, but the story was just garbage.
#2ZignoffPosted 4/25/2012 3:06:44 PM
Let's not forget the completely out of character behavior of said alex, and the length of the game, or the dumbed down streamlined mechanics...
---
Enjoy a Awesome Video till my new sig is ready...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw&e
#3WISHAMFWULDPosted 4/25/2012 3:08:17 PM
LMFAO that was predictable him killing Mercer.... but does he gain his power?
---
Warning new Gamefaqs members, This is a 90% troll site, most just whine about the most irrelevant things in ANY game to get attention
#4Arconon1010(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 3:16:05 PM
Zignoff posted...
Let's not forget the completely out of character behavior of said alex, and the length of the game, or the dumbed down streamlined mechanics...

Yeah definitely.. I didn't want to write a full review of the game, but the new leveling system sucks and the length is much less than the original.
#5IiI_stealthPosted 4/25/2012 3:16:25 PM

Please... both games had terrible stories with bad plot-twists

#6Arconon1010(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 3:21:03 PM
IiI_stealth posted...
Please... both games had terrible stories with bad plot-twists

That is true, but the first one's story sucked a little... but this one just sucks really bad. I still have my copy of the first one, but I'm considering taking this one back to maybe get some credit towards something else, and maybe taking it back will help erase my memory of it...
#7catsimboyPosted 4/25/2012 3:27:24 PM
Yeah the gameplay is so solid but there's no story to back it up. And I'm sure there are tons of people who will just like playing this game to fart around in free roam, but that's not enough for me. I already beat and one hundred percented the game. The Radnet challenges would help with replayability but they're all freakin time locked like they're trying to keep people from trading in the game immediately.
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy
#8ZignoffPosted 4/25/2012 3:38:14 PM(edited)
Gameplay is nice, but there is no CONTENT to back it up you mean.

Sadly at the moment the time lock and armor DLC and everything is making it EASIER to trade int he damn thing...
---
Enjoy a Awesome Video till my new sig is ready...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw&e
#9IiI_stealthPosted 4/25/2012 3:37:44 PM

I blame the comics; Mercer's quest for a benevolent humanity ruined his character.

#10VlDEOGAMECZARPosted 4/25/2012 3:39:34 PM
catsimboy posted...
Yeah the gameplay is so solid but there's no story to back it up. And I'm sure there are tons of people who will just like playing this game to fart around in free roam, but that's not enough for me. I already beat and one hundred percented the game. The Radnet challenges would help with replayability but they're all freakin time locked like they're trying to keep people from trading in the game immediately.
---
I should not walk so a child may live.----http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Catsimboy

So you can't play them all right now? I haven't used the code yet...