WEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAK.......*total ending spoilers*

#1aburame13Posted 4/25/2012 11:20:17 PM
So I just beat the story (rather short isn't it..?) and I must say the ending was kinda lame.. I'm forced to complete an extremely anti-climactic boss fight to watch Heller just up and kill Mercer like nothing? Seriously radical? Why? Why? WHY?! It feels like they just pulled a Bioware..
---
"Why eat? You're just going to **** it out later."
-Just_a_loser
#2ReceiverxWisdomPosted 4/26/2012 12:32:17 AM
The ending is left unsolved in my mind to be honest :/ it just cuts off when Dana gives her insight on what to do next with no clear goals from Heller.

I smell DLC / or sequel bait continuing this story.

As for Alex dying, now that I think about it....WTF RADICAL! ? He survived a nuclear explosion in P1. In P2 he gets his arms torn out the socket like 4 or 5 times and that constituted as death O_o BS, dude! Getting limbs severed compared to a nuke decimating his body should be like a mosquito jab of pain to Alex.

That entire scene of Alex's death was a joke, and if they wanted to make it dramatic, him and Heller should have been exchanging blows with you getting sliced up and him getting sliced up. I would have rather had the fight play out where you wouldn't know who the clear winner was than to have ended it on a anti-climatic note just to murk Mercer because Heller HAS RAGE within him.

I knew it was headed that direction when Mercer confronted Heller and his hand got burned off from trying to kill Heller.

So I guess it all just means
Rage + Heller = "Let's just make this f*** OP and call it excellent writing."

Once again, bull****.

Good game, lousy ending.
This can now join Mass Effect 3 in the garbage pile of good games with horrible ends to them.
---
"Deathbed, redruM. I like to kill and have some fun."
PSN: LatinChris_9990 / state you're a Gf's user before sending requests.
#3aburame13(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 1:41:29 AM
Not only do I hate how they ended Mercer, I despise how they just completely RUINED his character. He went from badass anti-hero to some stereotypical moustache-twirling cookie cutter villain. Seriously? Why did he have to undergo such a dramatic and quite stupid change? What is wrong with writers these days?! >_<
---
"Why eat? You're just going to **** it out later."
-Just_a_loser
#4addicting159Posted 4/26/2012 1:55:38 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
The ending is left unsolved in my mind to be honest :/ it just cuts off when Dana gives her insight on what to do next with no clear goals from Heller.

I smell DLC / or sequel bait continuing this story.

As for Alex dying, now that I think about it....WTF RADICAL! ? He survived a nuclear explosion in P1. In P2 he gets his arms torn out the socket like 4 or 5 times and that constituted as death O_o BS, dude! Getting limbs severed compared to a nuke decimating his body should be like a mosquito jab of pain to Alex.

That entire scene of Alex's death was a joke, and if they wanted to make it dramatic, him and Heller should have been exchanging blows with you getting sliced up and him getting sliced up. I would have rather had the fight play out where you wouldn't know who the clear winner was than to have ended it on a anti-climatic note just to murk Mercer because Heller HAS RAGE within him.

I knew it was headed that direction when Mercer confronted Heller and his hand got burned off from trying to kill Heller.

So I guess it all just means
Rage + Heller = "Let's just make this f*** OP and call it excellent writing."

Once again, bull****.

Good game, lousy ending.
This can now join Mass Effect 3 in the garbage pile of good games with horrible ends to them.

this 100%
---
OMG ITS A PREDATOR!!.. wait
#5Boutchie23Posted 4/26/2012 2:27:32 AM
There wasn't someone there to consume him in P1 though.

I can see a sequel where this was planned by Mercer, and he now resides within Heller through some kind of magic mumbo jumbo. Perhaps it was Mercer's intent to eliminate Blackwatch and he used the cover of filling the world with monsters to aquire allies...

Wait, now it's just getting convoluted and ridiculous. THIS MAKES IT A PERFECT SEQUEL IDEA!
---
PSN | Mandein
#6legendX66Posted 4/26/2012 4:06:00 AM
he did not just up and die/ heller consumed him. and the comics explain his character change.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#7ChibiraziPosted 4/26/2012 4:49:01 AM(edited)
legendX66 posted...
he did not just up and die/ heller consumed him. and the comics explain his character change.

Displaying such a critical story-point in a format thats not just different from the first game but also really not that relevant outside of the US was such a stupid PR move I dont even know what to say.
Radical can include a recap for P1 but not pdf´s for the comics?

And quite frankly the comics were garbage.
A superhuman searching for a reason to save humanity just to conclude that they arent worth it,that was never there before!
Oh wait,thats about 50% of Marvel´s and DC´s villain-line.

P1´s story wasnt anything spectacular but at last it was a good setup for a world in flames and the Mercer vs Pariah conflict.
How anyone could think that just throwing that away for THIS was a good idea beyond me.

I was disappointed about InFamous 2´s lackluster conclusion but this is so much worse its not even funny.
#8tragik00Posted 4/26/2012 7:36:43 AM
so its bad to go off of marvel and dc type of story? idk bout that considering they are the top two comic book companies.
---
psn:tragik1
xbl:tragik00
#9AviaraBluePosted 4/26/2012 10:01:00 AM
Mercer wasn't even trying in the fight. Most evolved fought harder then he did. Also the "?"
#10CephrienPosted 4/26/2012 10:02:40 AM
Lol @ everyone acting like Alex was some kind of "lovable hero" in the first place.