Anyone get a kind of "Infamous" feel here?

#1Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 4/28/2012 7:03:56 PM
-Both are set on a New York City type of city.
-Both involve you being a normal guy being given powers by a powerful and enigmatic being for his own reasons.
-Both involve you killing people with various people with powers.
-Both involve you running around, jumping, climbing and jumping around buildings.
-Both involve a government containing you in the city.
-Both make you get powers along the way.
-Both have Objects that emit a sound or marker that you can find for bonuses.
-The combat is closely related.
-Both have side or bonus missions/objectives to get.
-Even the art is related in a few ways.

Some of these reasons are pretty broad, but does anyone else feel this is kind of a bit of a new and improved, re-skinned and partially rewritten version of the original infamous? It's just kind of a feeling I always get. I've given my opinion; what do you think? Any thoughts are appreciated.
---
Come follow me.. Come follow me... Give the wheel a spin, maybe you'll be lucky enough to find the secret yourself. Plunge... into the dusk; and into your soul.
#2KyleAngleITPosted 4/28/2012 7:08:22 PM
Not sure if serious... or trolling...
---
I'm out ..... bye Modern Warfail
#3skylinefreekPosted 4/28/2012 7:20:18 PM
has to be a troll
---
xbox gt: sinlessorrow
psn: sinlessorrow mgo: SinlesSorrow
#4DangDillyPosted 4/28/2012 9:42:52 PM
Combat is nothing like inFamous, zapping a guy with a tazer is far less entertaining than eating his face. Also running up walls beats crawling.....fail troll
---
"What do you mean he escaped?"
*CLINK* "Nevermind good job recruit!"
#5jhainesPosted 4/28/2012 10:21:33 PM
Ferd_Da_Bird posted...
Some of these reasons are pretty broad, but does anyone else feel this is kind of a bit of a new and improved, re-skinned and partially rewritten version of the original infamous?

The Prototype games are direct descendants of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game on the PS2, which came out in 2005, 4 years before the original Infamous. So, no, it's not a copy.

- Jer
#6gphjr14Posted 4/28/2012 10:23:57 PM
No, I was actually having fun, and the game wasn't glitchy as ***t.
Only wtf moment I had was going outside the dead zone.

Infamous, I fell through the map on more than one occasion and the telekinetic powers had me being killed by glitches way too many times.
---
"And now you know, and knowing is enough."- G.I. Jose
#7acealexander702Posted 4/29/2012 2:14:45 AM
jhaines posted...
Ferd_Da_Bird posted...
Some of these reasons are pretty broad, but does anyone else feel this is kind of a bit of a new and improved, re-skinned and partially rewritten version of the original infamous?

The Prototype games are direct descendants of the Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game on the PS2, which came out in 2005, 4 years before the original Infamous. So, no, it's not a copy.

- Jer

^This, Both Prototype and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction are developed by Radical Entertainment, Hulk was released in 2005, Prototype 1 was released June 2009, inFAMOUS 1 released May 2009, though inFAMOUS released first, Prototype is a spiritual successor to Hulk, so if you were to say PT and InF are similar I'd say PT was first but Hulk was first really, and in my opinion both games are very distinct in gameplay, the biggest example is InF has a karma system; good and evil choices and results
---
PSN ID: Ace2540
#8kyncaniPosted 4/29/2012 5:33:13 AM
Prototype 1 and infamous 1 had the same feeling, especially since they were released around the same date.

But now they're just in the same genre, that's all. They are in the same genre though.
#9Unholy_NnyPosted 4/29/2012 6:46:15 AM
What those people said ^

But since Infamous 1 and Prototype 1 came out so close to each other and had a lot of similarities, Zero Punctuation did a comparative review. It was a pretty cool analysis that pointed out the strengths and weaknesses of both.
---
If you put IIRC before or after a statement, it's never wrong.
Ex: "The sky is green" = Wrong. "IIRC, the sky is green." = not wrong
#10NineteenthCrossPosted 4/29/2012 9:08:52 AM
A bit.

Obvious spoilers.

-
-
-

The new Super Soliders across both games are now Identical.
Vermakk 88s , the Original SS and the Orion all serve the same function , look , design and feel.

All the protagonists still have an extreme weakness to water.

All the protagonists are capable of becoming bullet proof.

The plot of the Beast wanting to destroy all humans and replace them with Conduits is similar to how Alex wanted to destroy all humans and replace them with Evolved. "A new age of the human race"

Both games featured "monsters" who thought of themselves as "heroes". Betrand and Mercer ( part 1)

Both games featured characters who were totally indifferent towards everyone and everything except for their revenge. Nyx and Heller.

Both games also feature completely stupid side story comics- Comics that make you scratch your head and wonder who the hell wrote it.

Cole is officially now capable of beating anybody. They had to kill him off because really.. The only thing he couldn't control was plants, non-oily liquids and dirt/concrete. They already made him a vampire so yeah. He was too over powered to exist and nobody likes a boring invincible hero.

The Prototypes on the other hand will suffer a power vacuum or "There's always a bigger fish" if they don't' get the story straight. Power Vacuums don't work that well in my opinion if there is no closure.
How will they explain that somewhere in the world there is someone stronger than Heller? Will part 3 just be a restart as another new character?
My guess is either A) Heller leaves his powers at home or B) They bring back that Pariah Story point. or C) They just don't care and pull a Bioware - Formally known as pulling a Bethesda .
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/