I'm kind of shocked at this ending...(Spoilers obviously)

#1FOXSOLIDPosted 4/28/2012 6:56:56 PM
I really did not expect to just kill Mercer like that. I knew I would fight him but I honestly thought something would happen that resulted in him fleeing or just not getting killed at all. But I ripped his arms off...multiple times and just....ate him. lol I just sat there telling myself....I just consumed Alex Mercer. He's....gone. Poof.

Still a cool fight.
#2AquaChickenPosted 4/28/2012 8:17:16 PM
yah the ending blew
---
XBOX 360 GT: TheAquaChicken
PSN ID: TheAquaChicken
#3MERCERnaryPosted 4/28/2012 8:18:35 PM
He'll be back...or the Devs won't see a single cent from me with their next game... -.-;;;
---
Haven't cared about karma loss or Mod/Admin approval since 2/18/11.
Then again, when did I ever care about the approval of anyone? Hah...
#4NamelessJayPosted 4/28/2012 8:26:54 PM

I like my theory where if they make a 3rd game then   it will turn out that Mercer was just too much for Heller to consume so Mercer will be alive inside of Heller then will try destroying him from the inside and then seperate from Heller, taking all of his powers and abilities with him. Then we get a new game, Mercer is still alive, we have an excuse as to why Heller lost all his powers and we get to learn new ones, everybody's happy.

#5legendX66Posted 4/28/2012 8:30:55 PM
everyone want him back? watch you guys complain when he does and you don't like how. Why can't one good character just stay dead instead of being spammed overnecessarily in sequels?
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#6PS3Gamer5000Posted 4/28/2012 8:39:28 PM
Meh, saw an ending like that coming. Obviously I couldn't predict multiple dismemberings to subdue him, but I figured that Mercer would be consumed in the end. What really surprised me (in a good way) was when Heller took out all the infected by releasing a controlled devastator-type move that wove through the streets. I figured that he'd take his daughter (when I knew she was alive) and leave after getting rid of Mercer.
#7MERCERnaryPosted 4/28/2012 9:40:02 PM
Why are people upset Alex/Zeus is dead? Why do people care one cool character dies and one lame, vulgar character lives? Let me think about this...

I LOVED the quest for answers in P1. As did many others. P2 promised to have more "heart" and a better "hero" and yet all we got was a wanna-be Kratos. A guy who has nothing going for him but anger and a FEW people he cares about to show he has a soft side. No-one plays this game for a humane character. They want crazy powers and a solid character to play as.

In the end Heller was a cross Kratos and any GTA character with his unnecessary swearing every time he opens his mouth. I don't mind swearing, but after awhile too much of it just sounds ridiculous. Heller will never be acceptable in my eyes... Only way the Devs can redeem themselves is by taking the idea from another poster here. Have Alex/Zeus rip him apart from the inside. Bring him back to the spotlight he turned on and let Heller rot in pieces... XD
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#8CephrienPosted 4/28/2012 10:17:22 PM
So much salt on this board.
#9legendX66Posted 4/28/2012 10:54:18 PM
MERCERnary posted...
Why are people upset Alex/Zeus is dead? Why do people care one cool character dies and one lame, vulgar character lives? Let me think about this...

I LOVED the quest for answers in P1. As did many others. P2 promised to have more "heart" and a better "hero" and yet all we got was a wanna-be Kratos. A guy who has nothing going for him but anger and a FEW people he cares about to show he has a soft side. No-one plays this game for a humane character. They want crazy powers and a solid character to play as.

In the end Heller was a cross Kratos and any GTA character with his unnecessary swearing every time he opens his mouth. I don't mind swearing, but after awhile too much of it just sounds ridiculous. Heller will never be acceptable in my eyes... Only way the Devs can redeem themselves is by taking the idea from another poster here. Have Alex/Zeus rip him apart from the inside. Bring him back to the spotlight he turned on and let Heller rot in pieces... XD

mercer is better. but mercer is dead. he should stay that way.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#10deius23Posted 4/28/2012 11:48:00 PM
MERCERnary posted...

This was the last straw for me I had to sign up because of your post. Heller was in the military right, do you know what hell they go trough. Soldiers (I'm talking of the infantry and grunts mostly) curse a lot and it actually sticks with them a bit. Also, he believed both wife and daughter were killed. I don't know how much love you got for anyone but if your family was taking away from you due to something you'd be extremely pissed off. When people are pissed off they become more harsh and vulgar. Had his family still been around at the time he wouldn't be cursing like a sailor now would he. Even in the beginning it his bio reads: suffers from PTSD and also has a fixation with Mercer. (because he indirectly caused the death of his wife.) He is probably also blaming himself for what happened due to telling them to stay until he came back. If she left when she planned this whole situation wouldn't have happened. Being angry or having hate for yourself is the absolute worse anger/hate you can have.

Also, since your calling him a "vulgar" character I suppose you completely missed the part of the story where he spared Rooks life due to him being a family man as well. There was even a part that said he was the most human of them all. The developers even made the game have a mechanic where consuming an innocent person would grant less health then blackwatch/infected.

One more thing, had he not found out his daughter was alive I'm almost positive he would have ended up killing himself after he killed Mercer. When him and Mercer were talking the second time he said he wanted the virus to be rid of as well which would have killed him too. It's even in the achievement "Something to live for."

I'll honestly say that Heller has a realistic personality for the type of person he is. As for you saying something about a soft side. I'm going draw a bit from experience used to do a lot of things for strangers that some would never even think of doing for family sometimes to the point that they didn't realize I helped at all. Yet, I get told a lot that I look like a person who's going to kill everybody. Don't judge a book by its cover. As for helping people I decided a little while ago that people aren't worth my help anymore.