1st game VS 2nd Game (Spoilers)

#1bloodrayne86Posted 4/29/2012 10:35:24 AM
I just want everyone's opinions on a few things. I just rented 2 and finished it and I have to say, that "ending" was just bad. It almost reminded me of the anger I had at the end of the first Assassins Creed. It didn't end, just an EASY final boss fight with Alex, and then 30 seconds of cut-scene on the same building and done.... What really kind of pisses me off is that the devs decided to use full rendered scenes for stupid phone calls on missions.. Why?? The time and resources they used for those scenes could have definately been used to bump the ending up. AT LEAST have a rendered scene of Heller VS Mercer at the end, not just, Oh, im gunna slice you up and eat you... No movie, No big ending move, nothing.... Its not like the game was rushed? The devs really dropped the ball hard on this one.

Also, I want to know why people didn't "like" Mercer's character in the first game? Heller is pretty much the exact same, except he swears, like to kick ppls asses and has a daughter. People said Mercer lacked "Personality".. i don't understand that.. How, besides the snarky/smartass comments, was Heller any different?

The missions, while a little move varied, were still the same mundane stuff. (And btw I finished the game 100%, except the RadNet stuff, didn't have a code, only rented it) The fights were too easy on normal difficulty. The boss fight with Alex was the weakest, easiest fight in the game IMO. I know a lot of people say this game isn't about story but really? c'mon, its an ADVENTURE title, story is supposed to be a big part of it. Killing off the main character from the first game just seems a little stupid to me. Even though i'm pretty sure he had made a clone of himself or something. I LOVED the first game, characters, story, game play. This one just seemed.... eh..... The only entertaining value to me was some of the things heller would say about people he wanted to kill, which is kind of sad...

Sorry to just rant and ramble on, i just wanted to get my opinions out there and see if anyone agrees/disagrees with my points.
#2legendX66Posted 4/29/2012 10:55:43 AM(edited)
kicks the 1st games ass imo. (and I loved the 1st) I love mercer but his death was fine and everyone needs to stop *****ing about everything. He got beat and he got consumed. What is so bad? Just cause you don't want him dead should not matter. They are making the story how they see fit.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#3darkbeamPosted 4/29/2012 12:53:47 PM
legendX66 posted...
kicks the 1st games ass imo. (and I loved the 1st) I love mercer but his death was fine and everyone needs to stop *****ing about everything. He got beat and he got consumed. What is so bad? Just cause you don't want him dead should not matter. They are making the story how they see fit.

imo the problem is how does the story evolve from here with mercer being dead and all

also how can mercer die when he IS the virus...that is just a plot hole that was never filled
#4legendX66Posted 4/29/2012 1:04:55 PM
darkbeam posted...
legendX66 posted...

imo the problem is how does the story evolve from here with mercer being dead and all

also how can mercer die when he IS the virus...that is just a plot hole that was never filled

He is still not limitless and if he sustains enough damage he can die or be consumed which is what happened. Virus or not he was consumed by heller who basically absorbed all of him and his dna mass etc.. He dies the same way any other consumed person or infected did throughout the games.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#5darkbeamPosted 4/29/2012 1:11:14 PM
legendX66 posted...
darkbeam posted...
legendX66 posted...

He is still not limitless and if he sustains enough damage he can die or be consumed which is what happened. Virus or not he was consumed by heller who basically absorbed all of him and his dna mass etc.. He dies the same way any other consumed person or infected did throughout the games.

well if you want to get really technical for a second, they were infected by mercer...all he did was absorb him self when he killed them, so if heller is infected with the virus (and he was/is) and mercer is the virus...(that is if i recall p1's story correctly) cant mercer just...consume heller from the inside out? like not in the normal fashion but in a progression as he doesnt have a physical form now, maybe in p3 have heller slowly losing him self to mercer (that way we keep mercer the bad guy and not have a really bad copout story as in theory it could make sense)
#6SkitzophreakPosted 4/29/2012 1:16:01 PM
I think from that ending we can assume there isnt going to be a prototype 3. Which annoys me, prototype 2 hasnt advanced the story at all. Except for killing Mercer off.

We didnt learn anything new about the virus, or Pariah, or black watch. All because Heller was to stupid to even comprehend what was going on, and kept saying he didnt care about why the virus was doing what it was doing and he just wanted to kick some ass.

The game has ended in exactly the same way as the first, if they had not shown Mercer regenerating. Would that not have been easier? Dont have Mercer regenerate and then get on with the story in the next game? Would have had a new protagonist and no one would have cared.
---
I am a SKITZOPHREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7TsunamiRoarPosted 4/29/2012 1:18:41 PM

Eh, if there's money to be made, and to be fair, the Dev team didn't totally forget about Pariah. The name pops up in one of the Consume videos.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#8SkitzophreakPosted 4/29/2012 1:28:35 PM
But is there money to be made? I loved the first game I thought it was great and so I bought this game the day it came out, but after playing though it I would have to consider if I really wanted to buy a third, right now I don't think I would.
This whole game I was playing through it and I just wasn't having as much fun. It had the same problem for me as infamous. I was given a load of cool powers but felt like I couldn't use them to their full potential for fear of hurting civilians.

The first game I felt free to kill as many as I wanted for fun because Mercer was a sociopath, but in this game I spent the first half doing the bidding of a priest as saving civilians. What the hell!?
---
#9bloodrayne86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:42:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10bloodrayne86(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:46:59 PM
legendX66 posted...

Just because THEY are the writers doesn't mean they are doing a good job... Making the story how they see fit doesn't always work, look at Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.... Lucas totally ruined that movie