Just beat the game!! My review for those still debating (Minor Spoilers)

#1ajikimgPosted 4/29/2012 10:30:16 AM
First thing first yes i have beaten this game on Hard and did all of the side missions first. Also i have beaten Prototype 1and i would compare Prototype to Infamous which i have also played and beaten.

That being said i will get straight to the point. The reason why i,am comparing Prototype to Infamous is because they came out on the same day if i,am not mistaken. I picked prototype because i thought the powers were cooler. It didn,t seem like some dude with powers right out of a Marvel Comic book.

Everything that wasn,t in the first Prototype is in Prototype 2. Improved side Missions, graphics and most important fun gameplay. The problem with Prototype 2 is sluggish boss battles,slowdowns and minor screen tearing in the game. A lot of slowdowns in the fight with Alex Mercer. For those who says it repetitive same could be said about Infamous but the repetitiveness is FUN in both games.

I hear some people say Prototype 2 is too easy not true i died at least 20 times playing on hard first. Blackwatch will have you running like Forest when they send the strike team after you. The cussing isn,t half bad and everybody cuss in Prototype 2 right down to the people walking on the streets. The story is decent even a kid can understand it,s pretty simple. Alex Mercer is working with Blackwatch trying to create a new world with the infected. James Heller is pissed at Alex for killing his family and will stop at nothing to get his revenge.

I have to admit i was really pissed at the sluggishness in the boss battles considering all the years and afford put in this game. I was one of the ones saying this should have gotten a 8.0 until i made it in the middle of the game when it picked up. But as much as i hate to admit it,s a 7.5. Also Infamous is better in terms of the game runs smooth the boss battles are smooth and you have a reason to play the game over again with evil Cole.

I don,t think i will be playing this again because there is no real reason to play again. I will past on the DLC and take it from me. Buy games because of your taste not off reviews. This game is worth $60 bucks because of how long it is and it,s FUN! I recommend you start on HARD MODE and do the side missions first. Don,t rush the game HAVE FUN WITH IT. It took me 5 days to beat it.
#2FOXSOLIDPosted 4/29/2012 10:39:07 AM
I never encountered any slowdown OR screen tearing so idk what you're talking about. As far as boss battles...there are barely anything even close to actual boss battles in the game with the exception of the end of the game.
#3legendX66Posted 4/29/2012 10:40:12 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
I never encountered any slowdown OR screen tearing so idk what you're talking about. As far as boss battles...there are barely anything even close to actual boss battles in the game with the exception of the end of the game.

never had issues either. you could count some of the fights as bosses but mostly mini bosses I would say.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#4PS3Gamer5000Posted 4/29/2012 10:48:43 AM
FOXSOLID posted...

I'd say the same. And in the case of the lack of boss battles I'd say its a good thing. There were points meant to be like boss battles, but then the "bosses" would become fairly common enemies (except the Goliath) which was fun for me because they still presented a bit of a challenge.
#5TsunamiRoarPosted 4/29/2012 10:52:27 AM

The story is decent even a kid can understand it,s pretty simple. Alex Mercer is working with Blackwatch trying to create a new world with the infected. James Heller is pissed at Alex for killing his family and will stop at nothing to get his revenge.

Than I guess I misunderstood the story. I was under the assumption that Alex had a ton of plants in Blackwatch but they weren't working together, they just had similar goals (with totally different intentions for the results). This is most prominently show with the Whitelight scenario, and how they (Blacklwatch) were destroying the altered virus.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#6vgman94Posted 4/29/2012 11:28:03 AM
PS3Gamer5000 posted...
I'd say the same. And in the case of the lack of boss battles I'd say its a good thing. There were points meant to be like boss battles, but then the "bosses" would become fairly common enemies (except the Goliath) which was fun for me because they still presented a bit of a challenge.

I so wish the Goliath was a common enemy. They were planning to have it in free-roam, but decided it would be too chaotic. >_>
#7FOXSOLIDPosted 4/29/2012 11:30:46 AM
vgman94 posted...
PS3Gamer5000 posted...

I so wish the Goliath was a common enemy. They were planning to have it in free-roam, but decided it would be too chaotic. >_>

They were weren't they?! Those bastards. I knew I heard that somewhere. About the Goliath just raising hell totally unscripted and that we had the choice of whether to engage it or leave it alone. They definitely should have let this happen.