People actually LIKE Mercer!? *spoilers

#1NuuTypePosted 5/3/2012 6:25:35 PM(edited)
Mind. Not like him *more or less* than Heller but why like him AT ALL?

He's a terrible character. A sniveling rat.

Prototype 1 was the first game of it's kind, to star a villain as the main character. He's a Lead Gentek scientist. He released the virus in the middle of a metropolis as nothing more than a big middle finger to everyone.

Why would he do this? I'm sure he was well paid, had a really nice apartment on Christopher st. SoHo.

Alex Mercer, for lack of better words, is a swarmy peice of **** down to the core.. He had a chance at retribution and he basically took the route of Elizabeth Greene...typical spread my infectious influence/world domination BS. How do people like him!? Is it the the leather jacket?
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#2Dum0King23Posted 5/3/2012 6:25:56 PM
NuuType posted...
Mind. Not like him *more or less* than Heller but why like him AT ALL?

He's a terrible character. A sniveling rat.

Prototype 1 was the first game of it's kind, to star a villain as the main character. He's a Lead Gentek scientist. He released the virus in the middle of a metropolis as nothing more than a big middle finger to everyone.

Why would he do this? I'm sure he was well paid, had a really nice apartment on Christopher st. SoHo.

Alex Mercer, for lack of better words, is a swarmy peice of **** down to the core.. He had a chance at retribution and he basically took the route of Elizabeth Greene...typical spread my infectious influence/world domination BS. How do people like him!? Is it the the leather jacket?

i think its his hood
#3legendX66Posted 5/3/2012 6:31:33 PM
he did it out of desperation (still a dick move) but you are not playing as mercer anyway. mercer is dead from before the beginning of the game.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#4NuuType(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:38:15 PM
Dum0King23 posted...

i think its his hood

Or his tight fitting jeans o_o

lol It's shocking to me. P2 turned Mercer into a full blown antagonist when I thought that he would try to redeem himself - that was his direction at the end of P1.

He didn't save NYC from the Nuke for no reason. He supposedly still cared deeply about his sister and had developed into somewhat of a marvel superhero. Then they tossed all that away.

There is absolutely no way Heller chances of beat Mercer was more than 30%. I liked that Mercer met a pathetic end that suited him, but I hate how badly the story turned into a stretch.
---
#5NuuType(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:40:11 PM
legendX66 posted...
he did it out of desperation (still a dick move) but you are not playing as mercer anyway. mercer is dead from before the beginning of the game.

The virus has no sentience - none at all.

Mercer was changed into "Zeus" but it was still Mercer. He had the same feelings for his sister through-out and regarded himself her brother after his 'death.
---
#6MERCERnaryPosted 5/3/2012 6:47:40 PM
Clearly people do... Even if it was close the numbers show people are divided between the two...

Source?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615816-prototype-2/62709018
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#7NuuType(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:56:48 PM
I hope it's Mercer's moves/P1 gameplay, and not the character himself.

Because that says a lot about people.

The story really skirts some intense racism. The Black Light virus is originally engineered to attack only certain racial minorities, Black and Middle Eastern people no doubt since everyone working on it was Caucasian.

To pick THAT over a simple military family man? Or at all? Ha..
---
#8vgman94Posted 5/3/2012 7:29:13 PM
NuuType posted...
legendX66 posted...

The virus has no sentience - none at all.

Mercer was changed into "Zeus" but it was still Mercer. He had the same feelings for his sister through-out and regarded himself her brother after his 'death.

Finally someone who gets it. In fact, I still regard "Zeus" as basically Alex reincarnated, and he turned out as evil as the original Alex, pretty much. Well, if you consider the original Alex evil, that is. Some don't, but I feel the info on the original Mercer is too scarce to really be irrefutable, but that's me.
#9NiakaiNPosted 5/3/2012 8:27:36 PM
I like alex better because he's OG. And I bet he comes back too. No way that mercer is gone
---
When you're dead, think it'll matter who cared you died?
#10NuuType(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 8:37:04 PM
No doubt, the original human Alex Mercer was a despicable maniac.

I agree with you, I guess the developers did too.
---