This game is amazing...

#1MrMojoRisin357Posted 9/5/2012 4:46:17 AM
I'm having a blast with this game, although I never played the 1st one. Just curious as to why it's got mediocre scores from all the pro gamesites;/
#2superbuu3Posted 9/5/2012 11:30:12 AM
Its really simplistic compared to the first and the protagonist gets super annoying by the end. Its also really easy and there's a lot less options combat wise in this game, and the fights will get repetitive.

That said its still a great game, its just its not a very good sequel it improved a couple of features but changed a lot of things fans of the first game liked. Honestly you might jsut prefer this one as you played it first i can't really say.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#3McGriff67Posted 9/16/2012 10:04:57 PM
Yeah, I have to agree. Heller went really over the top towards the end. I thought it improved on just about every aspect of the original Prototype. I thought it was fantastic, definitely worthy of at least a 8.5.
---
Sure we're down now,laughingstocks even but we will shine again and I'll be there still. McGriff67 True NY Knick Fan
CREATED 2/3/06
#4tom20_05Posted 10/14/2012 3:57:49 AM
superbuu3 posted...
but changed a lot of things fans of the first game liked.

Loved the first, never played this one. Just curious what things they changed that you liked. If you don't mind me asking.
#5DarkKirby2500Posted 10/16/2012 3:14:57 PM
As a Kirby fan, I just love the idea of eating (possibly living) things for powers and health.

But if I were to rate the game purely as a game by itself, I would rate it a 7 out of 10 tops because of the less then stellar controls, story, protagonist, and not really all that interesting combat. I think "average" is pretty accurate".
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#6hugaddictPosted 10/18/2012 7:11:48 AM
Never trust reviews. For some reason they each have weird requisites. Almost always, they give low reviews for games I love, and high reviews for mediocre games.
---
http://www.sunsphire.com/Maps.Brave.Story.html
http://www.sunsphire.com/Maps.Crimson.Gem.Saga.html
#7Dum0King23Posted 10/19/2012 10:10:31 PM
tom20_05 posted...
superbuu3 posted...

Loved the first, never played this one. Just curious what things they changed that you liked. If you don't mind me asking.

i dunno man...i had issues in the first one, getting destroyed by rockets every 3 seconds...
this one there is a deflect system that is always fun
destroying hives in the first one got lame the 3rd time you did it
walking into hives this time is always a little sub-mission, but all are enjoyable
i personally had no issue with heller in this game, unlike most from what ive seen on these boards...
i think this game improved on everything from the first one and made me want to replay it with all the add ons i got...i actually cant wait to get it back from the guy i lent it too just to play it again
#8xiahoudun_wbPosted 10/26/2012 6:36:37 AM
yeah man...this game is amazing in my view, I have always been a fan for Japanese game, now that I play this...kinda made me think, where have I been...?
free exploration is not common in Japanese games...
#9The_King82Posted 10/31/2012 12:48:00 PM
An underrated BEAST!!!!!
#10superbuu3Posted 11/10/2012 9:27:03 AM
tom20_05 posted...
superbuu3 posted...

N.B. not played this in a while so i'm missing out loads.

By the end of the game enemies literally will do no damage to you this is even on hard.
There is only one button for a power so there's only one attack string.
They removed some good powers in this game. A couple that were really fun to use then replaced them with other stuff.
Wall running, general mobility and parkour are considerably worse in this game.
Heller is a terrible protoganist as he's painted as sympathetic and yet is actually a complete douche. At least Mercer you felt the need to progress the story.
No longer do you have a charge jump (its charged in the air)
Addition of a useless power, that locks you out of doing things you'd want to do.
Just when the game takes a shift and looks like we will have interesting bosses, they spam the same enemy ad nauseum.
No decent explanation of why anyone does anything, they just kinda do.
Switching round glide and air dash, this is horrendous and really ruins travelling. The button layout was better in the first.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).