This game is amazing...

#21superbuu3Posted 1/9/2013 9:40:30 PM(edited)
Yeah that is true but i'm taking stepping stones to the big guys. I would love to have influence one day, i'm working regionally rather than nationally at the moment, seems to be going forward though. I'm trying my best to get my reviews linked through other sites, i doubt i'd get much traffic at the moment outside of my country.

I see why you would rate the games as above my main issue with prototype 2 was that it didn't feel like it was offering a new experience as a whole, and due to simplifications took away from the experience. Prototype 1 was hard but you could play on easy, prototype 2 was so easy even playing on impossible didn't give the challenge you'd want. That disappoints me as I like games to be open to a wider audience and while a challenging game can be fun to overcome, a game that's too easy doesn't have the same appeal.

EDIT: lol, who i write for isn't my own site in my sig i keep my professional life and internet life seperate, in case you thought I was making a big deal out of something small.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#22vgman94Posted 2/1/2013 6:02:50 AM
superbuu3 posted...
Yeah that is true but i'm taking stepping stones to the big guys. I would love to have influence one day, i'm working regionally rather than nationally at the moment, seems to be going forward though. I'm trying my best to get my reviews linked through other sites, i doubt i'd get much traffic at the moment outside of my country.

I see why you would rate the games as above my main issue with prototype 2 was that it didn't feel like it was offering a new experience as a whole, and due to simplifications took away from the experience. Prototype 1 was hard but you could play on easy, prototype 2 was so easy even playing on impossible didn't give the challenge you'd want. That disappoints me as I like games to be open to a wider audience and while a challenging game can be fun to overcome, a game that's too easy doesn't have the same appeal.

EDIT: lol, who i write for isn't my own site in my sig i keep my professional life and internet life seperate, in case you thought I was making a big deal out of something small.

I understand your view completely. I have recently played DmC Devil May Cry on Son of Sparda mode, and the difficulty level changes the enemies you face in pretty much every battle compared to the normal mode. That is part of what I wish happened in Prototype 2. Harder enemies in almost every encounter, even two Goliaths at the same time, something! The AI was a bit too easy as well as Mercer's fight needed to be more climactic, with him using the Groundspike Graveyard, summoning Evolved and other crap that could've easily made the fight better by forcing you to jump, use parkour summon the Brawlers, etc. Honestly, aside from mission variety, the difficulty is my biggest flaw in the game. It gives you awesome powers, but never allows you to fully flex them against a worthy foe.
#23Proto1215Posted 2/3/2013 9:35:33 PM
Huge fan of the game. More people need to experience this game. It's so underrated.
It's too bad about what happened to Radical Entertainment. They were awesome developers. They answered some of my questions on FB. Hopefully Activision continues the franchise or some other company buys the rights to the IP to continue the story.
Ideal developer/publisher = RockStar/2K Games. Maybe if people see that they are backing it up, more people will play it.
#24The_King82Posted 2/6/2013 9:54:05 PM(edited)
A lot of dead doctors. :P

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45561359/20130206_214334.jpg

Popped the game in and decided to mess around with civilians.
#25Eclipse65Posted 3/4/2013 7:50:24 AM
The problem is the dodge animation, you automatically dodge out of the way of anything attacking you, unless it's one of the large enemies. Secondly the shield is now an active power and counters anything, again the exceptions being large enemies. In the first game you had to roll your a** out of the way of enemies or jump like no tomorrow.

Players didn't appreciate the armour either, everyone was just happy it was a skin. But the armour traded mobility for defense, very helpful when trying to pop-open tank hatches.

The amount of rockets shot at you are a fraction from the first. The amount of time and distance a strike team would cover to find you is also smaller. You can now finish vehicles with one automatic move, they could of at least made it a QTE.

All the upgrades, and all the useless combat(and power moves) all became forgettable passive upgrades that just increased your immortality.

All the annoying things they took out is what gave p1 its identity. They could of just changed the controls which were a problem for most people, and it would of made the game somewhat of a sequel.

superbuu3 posted...
Simplifying games is always a huge step back. Its a good game, but an awful sequel.

P2 is a fun game on its own, but an 'awful sequel'.
#26airtamisPosted 3/5/2013 3:32:27 PM
imo- The gameplay is amazing and fun. The plot was absolute trash.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-- NettoSaito
#27The_King82Posted 3/6/2013 9:22:02 PM
Just replayed a couple of hours of P1 and P2 is far superior to P1. Mercer does not feel as powerful as Heller and the controls are so much more refined in P2. The whole time I kept thinking to myself that P1 was just mediocre even though I loved it when it came out.
I disagree that it's an awful sequel. It is a GREAT sequel that has improved A LOT on the original.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#28Eclipse65Posted 3/7/2013 8:59:28 AM
The_King82 posted...
Just replayed a couple of hours of P1 and P2 is far superior to P1. Mercer does not feel as powerful as Heller and the controls are so much more refined in P2. The whole time I kept thinking to myself that P1 was just mediocre even though I loved it when it came out.
I disagree that it's an awful sequel. It is a GREAT sequel that has improved A LOT on the original.

You are more powerful, that is correct, but they never balance out the enemies. It's impossible to die. Once you get all the upgrades there is no challenge left in the game, all those passives increase damage you do and decrease the damage you take to make the game ridiculously unbalanced.

The game did not improve on anything except for the controls. It did add a whole new mess of unnecessary things.

Hopefully you can go persuade Activision on how good you felt this sequel was and get Radical their jobs back.
#29The_King82Posted 3/9/2013 1:19:39 AM
Eclipse65 posted...
The_King82 posted...

You are more powerful, that is correct, but they never balance out the enemies. It's impossible to die. Once you get all the upgrades there is no challenge left in the game, all those passives increase damage you do and decrease the damage you take to make the game ridiculously unbalanced.

The game did not improve on anything except for the controls. It did add a whole new mess of unnecessary things.

Hopefully you can go persuade Activision on how good you felt this sequel was and get Radical their jobs back.

That's what was so enjoyable. Becoming more powerful and unstoppable. That was Radical's goal. A power fantasy game.

P2 improved on a bunch more things than "just" the controls.
- Dual wielding powers
- Better combat
- Balancing the powers(no more using only the blade)
- More defensive options(shield and dodging)
- Enenmies have a better "tell" on when they will attack
- Slightly better "stealth"
- No more rockets to the back
- More enemy variety
- Better side missions
_ The way you progressed Heller throughout the game instead of just throwing all these moves at you
- Better cut scenes
- Better art style
- More distinct areas/zones
- Being able to set things/people down after you've grabbed it/them
- Best of all, NO MORE ORBS

I could name some more later when they come to me.

I would go tell those idiots at Activision to reopen Radical and make P3 but the Wii U has a slightly better chance of succeeding then that happening.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#30The_King82Posted 3/9/2013 1:22:01 AM(edited)
Also, jumping, gliding and air dashing were greatly improved.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!