Prototype 3 ?

#1Batfan96Posted 12/29/2012 1:47:45 AM
Hello I was wondering what people thought about the idea of
Prototype 3 and if you had any ideas on the subject.

I think it needs to be set in the future with a new character and story
there has never been a free roam game set in the future. As far as game play goes new powers of course but besides that I only want one
thing the ability to drive any vehicle.

The reason why is a few weeks ago I was playing games with a friend and I suggested we play either Just cause 2 or prototype 2 and he had played neither and I told him one you drive cars and one you throw cars and I thought It would be cool to do both I would like to know what you think.

Please leave a comment or thought thank you for readingreading
---
If life is a track and people are the train im runing beside the track outruning the train
#2DrunkBeardGuyPosted 12/29/2012 7:59:14 PM
We're probably never going to see a Prototype 3 unless someone else buys the rights and makes it, but I'd love for it to happen.

Also, driving cars is pretty lame when you can glide five or six blocks in a few seconds.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrPYm.png http://i.imgur.com/sx14k.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0llSw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/4yavH.gif
#3GoatJugSoupPosted 12/30/2012 3:36:17 PM
Yeah.... I also don't want more parts where you are in a road vehicle but I would definitely go for a prototype 3 so long as they didn't turn heller evil for no reason as well.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#4Ultrakill876xPosted 1/1/2013 3:05:03 AM
Actually, if you read the comics that came out during prototype 2's release, it showed alex mercer's descent into darkness, showing how at every seemingly turn, humanity betrayed themselves or him, and when he couldn't take it anymore, he decided "ok, enough, mankind wants to be an ass, ill be an ass right back"
---
"I absolve you of all of your sins, now get the **** out"<-----------Machete
Xbox live GT: King Kickass99
#5GoatJugSoupPosted 1/1/2013 3:58:19 PM
oh wow didn't know there were comics for it, I'll have to look into getting them.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#6The_King82Posted 1/4/2013 1:25:17 AM(edited)
I hope someone buys the IP from Activision. The story needs to continue.
My idea for the next goes something like, Heller has gone into hiding and plays as a secondary character.
Mercer is now again the main star. You will play as the villain. One of Mercer's lackey stole some of his DNA and clones him. The clone is imperfect but still complete. Mercer is back at level 1 and needs to consume others to regain his strength. Another outbreak has been released in LA for a change of scenery. The main story is to find out who released the virus, take them out, rebuild your powers/empire, and continue what he started in the 2nd game.
Leveling up would be different. Getting X amount kills with a certain power will upgrade it. Running a certain amount of distance will increase his speed. Same with jumping.
#7vgman94Posted 1/6/2013 2:06:39 PM
The_King82 posted...
I hope someone buys the IP from Activision. The story needs to continue.
My idea for the next goes something like, Heller has gone into hiding and plays as a secondary character.
Mercer is now again the main star. You will play as the villain. One of Mercer's lackey stole some of his DNA and clones him. The clone is imperfect but still complete. Mercer is back at level 1 and needs to consume others to regain his strength. Another outbreak has been released in LA for a change of scenery. The main story is to find out who released the virus, take them out, rebuild your powers/empire, and continue what he started in the 2nd game.
Leveling up would be different. Getting X amount kills with a certain power will upgrade it. Running a certain amount of distance will increase his speed. Same with jumping.

Anything involving Mercer as a playable character at this stage of the story would make the story suffer. If anything, here's a good idea:

Heller has settled into NYC with Maya and Dana. The city is back into shape, when news reports come up saying the virus has now appeared in L.A. After a couple of cutscenes, he goes to check it out and finds a quadruped boss, which has legs like the Goliath's largest arm, and I'd imagine looks a little bit like Armageddonmon from that old Digimon movie in terms of body shape. After killing it, for gameplay purposes, he loses his powers and finds Mercer in his psyche, suppressing his power and conversing with him which would have them both discover about each other's histories and childhoods.

Next real point in the story would be the IDing of Pariah and an eventual showdown which would have Mercer expunged from Heller's body, and from Mercer's, Greene. It'd then be revealed then Greene's consciousness and insanity slowly changed Alex to eventually find her son. Pariah, being apathetic to his mother (I'd assume he'd be strange and unemotional like her, but with a bit more speaking), kills and consumes her. Pariah's most terrifying attribute being that any creature he touches dies if he touches them with his unmutated hands as the cells of the creature would self-destruct whether they're Brawlers, Goliaths or Evolved. The final boss would have Alex and James working together (Think Kratos and Deimos in Ghost of Sparta) to fight him while avoiding physical contact. Mercer, making amends with his sister, would make for a subplot that adds an antidote to the story and battle, that allow you and Mercer to be touched 2-4 times and that's it (how much would be a part of the difficulty level). Whether Mercer dies at the end or not, I don't know. But I believe it'd make for a much deeper story if done right, than anything done before with the series.
#8The_King82Posted 1/9/2013 11:20:56 AM
vgman94 posted...
Anything involving Mercer as a playable character at this stage of the story would make the story suffer. If anything, here's a good idea:

I only say that Mercer should come back because there are too many cry babies about Heller replacing Mercer. I could go into the whole race issue but I'll stop it right here.

I personally liked Heller a lot more than Mercer but his "always angry" attitude got old after a while. Just like Kratos. I get it. You're mad and you want revenge. He did produce a few funny lines though.

"The doctor is out, mother------!" Kicks enemy out of the helicopter.

The parts when Heller was "normal", I could sympathize with him.
#9vgman94Posted 1/9/2013 3:37:56 PM
The_King82 posted...
vgman94 posted...

I only say that Mercer should come back because there are too many cry babies about Heller replacing Mercer. I could go into the whole race issue but I'll stop it right here.

I personally liked Heller a lot more than Mercer but his "always angry" attitude got old after a while. Just like Kratos. I get it. You're mad and you want revenge. He did produce a few funny lines though.

"The doctor is out, mother------!" Kicks enemy out of the helicopter.

The parts when Heller was "normal", I could sympathize with him.

I very much agree. Heller's rage was overplayed and sounded too much like he needed anger management. He should've been a little softer, but sometimes his rage was funny and appropriate. Ugh, Kratos needs a lot more character development than what they've given him. Although from what I've read of Ascension, the devs have finally realized this.