just got this... what does the radnet code do, exactly?

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 1/12/2013 5:37:46 PM
i just got this today, and it says it unlock 55... things.

what exactly will this thing do... i mean, what will it add to the game?
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2The_King82Posted 1/13/2013 3:54:41 PM
Start, RadNet, play mini games, unlock new mutations.
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:53:38 PM
well, after searching in some topics, i read that radnet is down, the codes dont work anymore, and since you need radnet in order to get any of the DLC, that its all completely useless now, and i'd be wasting my money buying the DLC, since radical entertainment is gone, apparently.

so... i guess i wont be doing any of that stuff.
---
#4Silent_Guy13Posted 1/14/2013 2:57:05 AM(edited)
You don't need Radnet for the other DLC, I just used my Radnet and Colossal Mayhem codes just fine back in November.

Here is the DLC breakdown.
Colossal Mayhem Pack:
Thermobaric Boom-Stick - Nuclear Rocket Launcher
Warp Vortex - You create tornadoes if throw something.
Anti Gravity Field - Whatever light objects you touch floats away, like that San Andreas cheat.
Air Time - Infinite gliding, whenever you release and press RT again.
Skins:
Heller Test Subject - Shirtless Heller
Infected Heller - Zombie Heller (Zombie Dialogue)
Infantry Heller - Soldier Heller

Excessive Force Pack:
Viral Infector Grenade Launcher - Portable WhiteLight launcher.
Shockwave - Launches objects in the sky with your impact to the ground.
Chaos Creator Mode - Every zone is the red zone.
Medusa’s Wrath - "IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER!" Gamebreaker / Final Boss Killer.
Skins: The armor is only cosmetic, it has no practical use.
Armored Heller - Heller with Armor
Agile Armor Alex Mercer - Mercer With Armor
Zombie Mercer - Zombie Mercer (with zombie speech)

Radnet completion prize - Alex Mercer, new mutations.

edit: 55 things is mostly the minigames that was referred to earlier.
#5ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:47:29 AM
those DLCs sound like cheat modes... super weapons, infinite flight, and a gamebreaking super power?

how do i get those, anyway?

how would i even get my hands on those weapons? where would the powers and infinite glide be found? this is still kinda confusing...

...would using the DLC disable trophies, considering its pretty much cheating?

also, i dont even see the excessive force DLC on the store, only the colossal mayhem and radnet things.
---
#6Silent_Guy13Posted 1/15/2013 5:08:14 AM
I put RT I meant R2...

But the cheats are available in the start menu also known as the menu with the map, the other menu on the select button is for saving, loading, options and whatnot.

Yes, activating those will disable achievements/trophies, the best part is that you wouldn't need them because if you start on hard it is one of the easiest games to platinum or 1000/1000 in.

The weapons are also accessible from the start menu under "radnet" , I am 95% sure that you don't need to purchase or put in the code for radnet to access the other DLC.

As for your excessive force problem, It was on xbox live just 2 months ago, I'm not sure about that situation... maybe Activision dun goofed or something.

If you are good at causing chaos in the city you will do just fine, I highly recommend to start/restart on hard mode, because this game holds your hand and saves A LOT of time and with the right upgrades, you'll be hard to kill.

Those DLC are mainly for messing around and for the gamebreaking laser, it'll insta-kill just about anything you zap, so it'll make the game even easier.
#7Silent_Guy13Posted 1/15/2013 10:37:17 AM
I neglected to mention If you input the radnet code or buy it, these become available.

These have no impact on the games trophies, they aren't really "cheats" they are just more upgrades.

Bulletdive - A move from the original Prototype where you would glide in the air, then like a giant weight you would impact the pavement with an astounding force killing smaller targets and heavily damaging larger ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl02g-xYLVw

Flesh Cleaver - Another move from the original Prototype (R.I.P Muscle Mass), it is a consume animation where Heller grabs the person then pulls em apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_eUzNUK-Vk

Bio-Bomb Butt Kicker - Turn a person into a living bomb then punt them at a target of choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtW952j2i-0

Hardened Steel - Makes the vehicles metal harder, or high defense, more health etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc6t3FPjpkg

Wrecking Ball - You kick a person and every living body that the kicked person collides into explodes into goo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UWwRWirbZs

Eh, I had fun with them.