If you could make a Prototype 3, How would you improve it?

#1vgman94Posted 1/19/2013 8:02:35 PM
I have a couple of ideas, but also want to here of others who have some creativity.

Here's a list of my ideas:

1. Being able to infect a person into an Evolved as some temporary aid. Upgrades would allow the Evolved to take on Heller's appearance, making BW hesitant in attacking you for 2 seconds if you're caught in the same area as your minion. Another upgrade would allow them to use just one of your own powers (Claw, Blade, etc).

2. Pack Leader upgrades that allow you to summon Juggernauts. You have a limit of either 2 Juggernauts or 4 Brawlers. A gameplay mechanic I thought up would sacrifice a Level (an upgrade level, lowering Blade from Level 4 to 3, for example) to summon both the Juggs and Brawlers at the same time (I got this idea from a glitch in Labor of Love where, instead of destroying my Brawlers in favor of the Juggernauts, it kept the Brawlers and ALL SIX were trying to tear down that door), or a single Goliath, but that would be unlockable only after finishing the game on the hardest difficulty (and, in my relatively vivid idea for a sequel, a Goliath would be the 3rd biggest thing in the game).

Speaking of which, with a Goliath as an aid, my concept for that would be for you to be able to "Jack" it a la Radical's Crash of the Titans & Crash Mind Over Mutant, and you'd have about 4-5 moves in total. My idea for the Jacking (as in hijack) animation would be to have Heller's tendrils connect to the beast's spine and control it's movements.

3. Better stealth elements: In stealth-made quarters like the inside of bases, movement would change to a more human-limited style for realism. There would be puzzles based on security codes and hacking into PCs to further the story. Not much more I can say in terms of improving it, but it'll need more improvement than what I've thought up so far.

4. Better bosses/enemies. More dynamic bosses and semi-bosses need to be made. An example would be Greene, who's worm form could've been a great boss if it moved underground and tried to lunge at you. Supreme Hunter-esq bosses should be introduced as more powerful versions of Super Soldiers for the other side of the war, gameplay-wise. One unique boss I have in mind would be a 4-legged (and each of these legs would look and be the size of a Goliath's large arm) reptilian monstrosity akin to Armageddonmon in look and shape (What? It's the only thing I could think to compare it to) and be able to regularly give devastation long-range Sonic roars. To beat it, you'd need to make a Level 3 Devastator and unleash it right at it's face (and if you time it right, the beast will try to eat you and you'll unleash it inside it's mouth for more damage).

5. Customizable upgrades. I'd rather switch and keep some powers rather than only have one full form. For example, an idea of "Bio-guns", such as a poisonous spike shooter which uses some of the Mass Bar would be something you could have or not, along with others such as a Bio Bomb cannon, Bio-Mine (which, depending on the enemy, would either consume the target and allow you consume the biomass from a blob left on the floor, or explode into shrapnel-like spikes) and a Sonic Cannon which is like a miniature version of Greene's death roar.

Sorry, got carried away. I just feel that, as much as I love Prototype, there's still tons of untapped potential which, like Crash Bandicoot (Another Radical IP) before it, never got fully realized. If you got through all this or just skipped it, please write out your own gameplay ideas. And if you did read at least some of it, please tell me what you think of my ideas.
#2Prototype82Posted 1/22/2013 9:31:29 PM
Those are some nice additions. I like the 6 pack or 1 Goliath summon.
I could go on and on and on about what I'd like in the next game but I don't want to get myself happy and then sad because it won't happen. I know it's a hypothetical question but it hurts thinking about it.

:(...
#3vgman94(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:07:02 AM
Prototype82 posted...
Those are some nice additions. I like the 6 pack or 1 Goliath summon.
I could go on and on and on about what I'd like in the next game but I don't want to get myself happy and then sad because it won't happen. I know it's a hypothetical question but it hurts thinking about it.

:(...

Hey, who knows? Maybe one day a couple of former Radical Entertainment fans will come together and recreate Prototype along with Crash Bandicoot and give those two franchises the futures and directions they deserved. They were both headed in the right directions, but quality gameplay and variety was never fully realized for them. We just need some smart people hired into Activision and take it over from the inside, so they can make quality games inside of Call of Crappy and Skycrappers: Spyro's Adventure... Okay, that was dorky, but you get my point. Sometimes franchises go through a long hiatus before getting a sequel, but it could happen.
#4The_King82Posted 1/28/2013 4:46:40 PM(edited)
Co-op is a must! Playing Crackdown 1 and 2 with my buddy was a lot of fun.

I'd like the upgrade system to be different. Not just earn points and spend them. I would like something like Crackdown or The Incredible Hulk (movie game) where you do certain "feats" or get "X" amount of kills with a certain power to improve your abilities. This all means more grinding but in a game like Prototype, I have no problem with that at all.

Fists
- 100 kills = More damage
- 250 kills = New move
- 500 kills = More damage
- 750 kills = New move

Claws
- 250 kills = New move
- 750 kills = New move

Blades
- 100 kills = More range and damage
- 250 kills = New move
- 500 kills = More range and damage
- 750 kills = New move

Whipfist
- 250 kills = New move
- 500 kills = More range and damage
- 750 kills = New move

Hammerfists
- 250 kills = New move
- 500 kills = More range and damage + new move
- 750 kills = New move

Muscle Mass
- 250 kills = More damage
- 750 kills = CAN LIFT A GOLIATH!!!!! :P

Tentacles
- 100 kills = More range
- 250 kills = New move
- 500 kills = Can pull in more objects
- 750 kills = More damage

Shield
- Deflect/Counter 25 projectiles/attacks = Bigger window to deflect/counter
- Deflect/Counter 50 = More damage for counters
- Deflect/Counter 75 = Can walk/run with the shield
- Deflect/Counter 100 = Regain health with Shields up

Armor
- Take 2500HP of damage while in Armored form = +50% Defense
- Take 5000HP of damage while in Armored form = Knock objects away while running
- Take 7500HP of damage while in Armored form = +100% Defense
- Take 10000HP of damage while in Armored form = Normal speed while running

Running
- Run 100 miles = Increase speed ~ 25mph
- Run 250 miles = Increase speed ~ 35mph
- Run 500 miles = Increase speed ~ 45mph
- Run 1000 miles = Instantly reach top speed and max speed increased ~ 55mph

Jumping
- Jump a distance of 25 miles = Jump higher/farther + 100%
- Jump a distance of 75 miles = Jump higher/farther + 200%
- Jump a distance of 125 miles = Jump higher/farther + 300%
- Jump a distance of 200 miles = Jump higher/farther + 400%

Consuming
- Consume 100 infected = Health increased by 15%
- Consume 250 infected = Health increased by 30%
- Consume 350 infected = Quicker consume + more health from consuming
- Consume 500 infected = Health increased by 50%

Gliding
- Glide for 25 miles = Glide distance increased + Air Dash
- Glide for 75 miles = Glide distance increased + Air Dash
- Glide for 150 miles = Glide distance increased + Air Dash
- Glide for 250 miles = Can fly after Air Dashing for the 3rd time

Devastator
- Use a Devastator 10 times = Plus 1 Devastator bar + range and damage
- Use a Devastator 20 times = New Devastator + Devastator gauge fills up faster
- Use a Devastator 30 times = Plus 1 Devastator bar + range and damage
- Use a Devastator 40 times = New Devastator

Dodging
- Dodge an enemy attack 30 times = Bigger window to dodge

No Armor
- Take 5000HP of damage = Bulletproof

That's all I can think of for now. Maybe more later.
#5Silent_Guy13Posted 1/29/2013 7:45:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Spike RoseredPosted 1/29/2013 11:38:27 AM
Different mutations instead of rehashing the claws/whipfist/etc again.
---
I've got tentacles ^_^
May the fresh scent of flowers protect you always!
#7The_King82Posted 1/30/2013 2:39:15 AM
To add to "better bosses/enemies", I would like to fight huge monsters in free roam. I remember Radical wanted the Goliath in free roam but took it out for some reason. I think it'd be pretty sweet to have a few monsters just roaming around causing destruction and you can engage them whenever you wanted. They would have to be really tough to defeat.

There needs to be A TON of side missions. They could throw in the mini games but there needs to be more side missions that cater to your character's growth or the story. After finishing P2, there wasn't much to do. Sure I could run around and cause mayhem but that's only fun for a little while.

Also, actually feeling like a hero. This was something that I had hoped was in P2 as Heller seemed to portray one in the trailers. Sure he did some heroic feats throughout the game but I'd like side missions to where you actually help out random people in the streets.
An example of this is in P2 in the Red Zone, I would find people that are running away from the Infected and carry them to safety on some rooftop. I would have liked to have been rewarded in some way for that.

Or run errands for random people. Example, someone needs you to bring back a loved one from BlackWatch. They give you something so you can track them down(clothing item) and you use your hunting ability to find them. The person you'd be rescuing, along with others, would be heavily guarded by BlackWatch and you have to take them out.
#8Ruto777Posted 1/30/2013 4:39:06 AM
I'd like to see something we've already seen in some cutscenes: dual wielding. And not the square/triangle dual wield but actually having Blade on the right arm and Whipfist in the other or something like that.
---
Welcome to GameFaqs, home of trolls and grammar nazis.
#9vgman94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:10:56 AM
The_King82 posted...
To add to "better bosses/enemies", I would like to fight huge monsters in free roam. I remember Radical wanted the Goliath in free roam but took it out for some reason. I think it'd be pretty sweet to have a few monsters just roaming around causing destruction and you can engage them whenever you wanted. They would have to be really tough to defeat.

There needs to be A TON of side missions. They could throw in the mini games but there needs to be more side missions that cater to your character's growth or the story. After finishing P2, there wasn't much to do. Sure I could run around and cause mayhem but that's only fun for a little while.

Also, actually feeling like a hero. This was something that I had hoped was in P2 as Heller seemed to portray one in the trailers. Sure he did some heroic feats throughout the game but I'd like side missions to where you actually help out random people in the streets.
An example of this is in P2 in the Red Zone, I would find people that are running away from the Infected and carry them to safety on some rooftop. I would have liked to have been rewarded in some way for that.

Or run errands for random people. Example, someone needs you to bring back a loved one from BlackWatch. They give you something so you can track them down(clothing item) and you use your hunting ability to find them. The person you'd be rescuing, along with others, would be heavily guarded by BlackWatch and you have to take them out.

The errands thing reminds me of Darksiders II. I think it can be done well, as long as the NPCs are sensical, such as a Blackwatch soldier who defected, or some form of sentient Infected (yes, I believe some Infected are sentient like the Supreme Hunter, and they should have a way to communicate. Also, Defected Evolved). I'll agree with what you're saying for heroic feats. He needed more of them, but IMO they should be a little more important than saving random citizens. Like a group of 20 people inside a shopping mall that is to be defended against Brawlers, Juggernauts and Flyers among other things.

I have no idea why they took it out. It would've made the feel of the Red Zone complete. A forboding, dangerous Hell isn't complete without Random Hydras, Juggernauts and a couple of Goliaths. It's like there's really nothing to fear once you get there.
#10Spike RoseredPosted 2/1/2013 7:56:13 AM
Here's a big one. Take all the extra missions, challenges and unlockables, and put them on the disc at purchase like in P1, not make them DLC like in P2.
---
I've got tentacles ^_^
May the fresh scent of flowers protect you always!