Why do people like Alex Mercer over James Heller?

#1LSxWillPosted 4/5/2012 4:39:49 PM
Taking powers out of the discussion assuming they are around the same strength t the end of the game then we just have two characters, and to me Alex Mercer would be the most boring guy if not for his abilities. James Heller is just a more interesting character with or without powers, so i am confused why people like Alex over Heller.
#2CruorComaPosted 4/5/2012 4:58:19 PM
How anyone can prefer one over another simply by judging snippets of audio from trailers is beyond me. No one even knows Heller.
---
Gamertag: LordMahemium - RIP Sparky
Satanic Overlord of The Bar With No Name
#3Red_PlushiePosted 4/5/2012 5:03:09 PM
I like Alex Mercer more just because he is Alex Mercer, there doesn't have to be a reason.
---
Stuff Goes Here.
#4Lil-DangerouZPosted 4/5/2012 6:00:56 PM
Red_Plushie posted...
I like Alex Mercer more just because he is Alex Mercer, there doesn't have to be a reason.

So basically you're biased, is what you're stating?
#5DyinglegacyPosted 4/5/2012 6:39:13 PM
I was disappointed when I first heard that the main character isn't Alex Mercer, but that is fairly normal. At this point in time it boils down to me actually playing the game start to finish before I can know for sure who I like more.
---
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy
Person 1: "That's not politically correct." Person 2: "Well, I don't keep up with politics."
#6ssj954vegitoPosted 4/5/2012 7:01:35 PM
Well TC this is like saying why do you like cole from infamous if it turned out you played someone else in infamous 2, firsts are usually favorites.
---
When I grow up I wanna be a Super Saiyan
proud to be a strange EPic:official RI loser club member:official Dolphin-iruka of the Naruto board
#7Faust21220Posted 4/5/2012 7:06:10 PM
to be perfectly honest, i am looking forward to heller more because he feels like to me the progression of the virus and thus that much more powerful and thus i like him more. in this game oddly enough i couldnt care less about the main character because he is the HOST of what i see as the real main character of the prototype series, the virus.

now if prototype 3 suddenly took away said virus for something else, i might be annoyed like the people complaining about mercer not being the main character, or more likely id be excited because they would most likely have a new strain of virus for us to play with.
---
Aegisfang22: If you play an Elder Scrolls game for the main story...you're doing it wrong.
#8sandman767Posted 4/5/2012 7:07:34 PM
Lil-DangerouZ posted...

Red_Plushie posted...

So basically you're biased, is what you're stating?

Uhhh ya. Anyone that likes one character more than another is biased. That's what the word means.
---
Just who the hell do you think we are??
#9wwervinPosted 4/5/2012 7:28:43 PM
His character just seems more badass to me.. *shrug* I like the hoodie and the lean figure which fits in with the parkour theme. Like I said in a similar thread, Heller seems way too bulky and muscular. I feel more like a secret ninja or an assassin when I'm playing as Mercer.
#10LSxWill(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 7:55:03 PM
i don't see how you can think he's bulky, bulky to me is like the hulk James Heller is bigger than Alex Mercer because he was a soldier and they workout and Alex was just a scientist not needing upper body strength