SO glad I cancelled my preorder!

#1redorblue88Posted 4/13/2012 8:19:33 PM
Loved prototype 1, had prototype 2 pre-ordered for a while now, and bit by bit I got less and less excited. The more i saw the more it looked like a lazy sequel. I started to notice things in gameplay clips like the way Hellers walk and run animations are identical to Mercer's. I then watched the IGN live feed and omg it's eve worse than I thought. Every single consume animation is identical to prototype 1's and in general most of the powers look to play pretty much the same as they did in P1.

The tentacle powers look interesting but still don't look like enough of a new feature to warrant the 2 at the end of the title. Even the moves they tried to change don't look as cool, Mercer's pure spikes looked a lot better than these red goo covered spikes and the dive bomb attack with mercer was awesome, now again it's turned into red glowing spikes everywhere., nowhere near as cool in my opinion.

The only thing im slightly drawn to are the slightly better graphics and the storyline. Other than that I'm finding it very hard to see what they've been doing for so long! They could have done amazing things with this sequel! Ill just buy this when it's very cheap, this just can't compete with the likes of Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier for me.
---
///PC: i7 2600K OC'd, GTX580, 8gb 1600mhz ram
///Top 5 games: (1) MGS4, (2) Red Dead Redemption, (3) Batman AC, (4) Shadow of the colossus, (5) Shenmue
#2DarquePosted 4/13/2012 8:24:27 PM
Thanks for sharing the info!

I'll sleep better now!
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3redorblue88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 8:31:13 PM
Don't mention it ;)
---
///Top 5 games: (1) MGS4, (2) Red Dead Redemption, (3) Batman AC, (4) Shadow of the colossus, (5) Shenmue
#4Faust21220Posted 4/13/2012 8:49:24 PM(edited)
you may be right that the "new" powers of tentacles and the biobomb dont make up to the 2 but the entire new storyline and new areas do add up with them all combined and the new system of mutations and new graphics for me add up to the 2 and since i didnt actually buy the first one for full price, a decision i actually regret but ive since picked it up free from gamestop(thanks gamestop for buy2 get one free! ) ill be adding this one to my collection rightly giving a good company my money.

p.s. sorry you dont feel its worth the pre order but i totally understand, more power to ya and wish you the best with your game spending, may your purchases all be great gaming!
---
Aegisfang22: If you play an Elder Scrolls game for the main story...you're doing it wrong.
#5LSxWillPosted 4/13/2012 9:10:01 PM
Yea damn those new fangled tendrils and better graphics, cutting of hunters heads for b4 consuming is gonna suck who needs dismemberment, and hunting is bla, oh and don't get me started on the new story and how they tell it. they might as well not even release the game
#6Anti_RoxasPosted 4/14/2012 2:00:28 AM
I have to agree. Using the same animations is ****ing bull****. Fair enough if it was the same character, but it just seems lazy.
---
http://oi54.tinypic.com/287g489.jpg http://s3.postimage.org/wg6hmmuas/throw_back.gif
#7TrhanecPosted 4/14/2012 2:50:15 AM

Yeah I was a little disappointed too when I watched the live stream yesterday. About those animation of consuming.. I don't understand why they'd done these moves same like in the first one.. It's weird because James Heller is a different guy and he uses the same moves like Alex Mercer... It looks that they had been lazy to do it in the diferent way.

#8LSxWillPosted 4/14/2012 5:28:57 AM
yea n n all those new mutations are gonna suck just like all the upgrades
#9DARQ MXPosted 4/14/2012 6:01:10 AM
redorblue88 posted...
Loved prototype 1, had prototype 2 pre-ordered for a while now, and bit by bit I got less and less excited. The more i saw the more it looked like a lazy sequel. I started to notice things in gameplay clips like the way Hellers walk and run animations are identical to Mercer's. I then watched the IGN live feed and omg it's eve worse than I thought. Every single consume animation is identical to prototype 1's and in general most of the powers look to play pretty much the same as they did in P1.

The tentacle powers look interesting but still don't look like enough of a new feature to warrant the 2 at the end of the title. Even the moves they tried to change don't look as cool, Mercer's pure spikes looked a lot better than these red goo covered spikes and the dive bomb attack with mercer was awesome, now again it's turned into red glowing spikes everywhere., nowhere near as cool in my opinion.

The only thing im slightly drawn to are the slightly better graphics and the storyline. Other than that I'm finding it very hard to see what they've been doing for so long! They could have done amazing things with this sequel! Ill just buy this when it's very cheap, this just can't compete with the likes of Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon Future Soldier for me.

omggggggggggggggggggggggg same animations THAT IS SO WORTH not playing a game... god who cares. Get over your Elitest self. ITs not that big of a deal. If this doesn't make you sleep at night. You need a GF and need to get a life.
---
Intel i5 2500k+|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|Raptor X, 1TB WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4, Gen3 |Sapphire 2GB 6950|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R |Windows 7 Pro 64
#10redorblue88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 6:36:38 AM
Wow im surprised that some responses were so level headed, maybe gamefaq's is just becoming a bit better. For those who seemed to get offended, remember I loved Prototype 1 but comeon, the developers are being LAZY! Very game has to have a new storyline, I'm not going to give that to them as an advantage, that is expected. I was really interested about the new character and taking on Mercer but do something with the "new" gameplay please!

I mean one of the fans biggest complaints was that enemies don't react to you jumping 50ft whilst in a disguise, yet in the live feed he jumps from one building onto a rooftop with enemies and no one bats an eyelid. Even the IGN guys made a joke about it but you could tell they noticed a lot hadn't been changed. I have a hard time believing they built the engine from the groud up, where did you hear that?
---