So is mercer.. bad? evil?

#1KyerofoxPosted 4/18/2012 7:31:45 PM
I'm confused about all this.. was he ever a good guy? ><
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#2DarquePosted 4/18/2012 7:40:46 PM
<SPOILERS>

Dead.

Zeus on the other hand... I'm not sure it qualifies on a morality scale anymore.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3mooninomicsPosted 4/18/2012 11:21:08 PM
Darque posted...
<SPOILERS>

Dead.

Zeus on the other hand... I'm not sure it qualifies on a morality scale anymore.

Pretty much this. Zeus......... doesn't really count in this sense. Quite an interesting "character" when you really stop to think about it.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the steven king of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 4/19/2012 4:17:02 AM
Darque posted...
<SPOILERS>

Dead.

I remember you from the ObsCure board on here, years ago! =D
---
GT: McPoo
#5DarquePosted 4/19/2012 8:40:10 AM
I thought your name looked familiar!

How goes it? =)
---
Jill Valentine > You
#6NTJack0Posted 4/19/2012 9:53:26 PM
He's not bad.
#7Celiria_RosePosted 4/19/2012 10:09:15 PM
Mercer is evil and as others have said dead.

Zeus (the living incarnation of the virus in the form of Mercer) doesn't really fit the qualification of good or evil. He isn't a good guy (as can be told by the numerous murders) but he isn't pure evil out to destroy everything. He is kind of neutral just doing what he wants.
#8WeirdShroomPosted 4/19/2012 10:22:28 PM
I've always thought of him as being similar to Venom in certain ways. More of an Anti-Hero. Will do heroic things and save innocent lives when it fits, but has no qualms about killing the bejesus out of whatever gets in his way.

When it comes to looks, however, he's carnage all the way. Actually, I wish they could put a Carnage skin in the game, that would kick ass.
---
GT/AIM: BxB402 - "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."
#9Skynet82997Posted 4/20/2012 5:35:44 AM
Celiria_Rose posted...
Mercer is evil and as others have said dead.

Zeus (the living incarnation of the virus in the form of Mercer) doesn't really fit the qualification of good or evil. He isn't a good guy (as can be told by the numerous murders) but he isn't pure evil out to destroy everything. He is kind of neutral just doing what he wants.

Was Mercer truly evil though? I mean, he was killed in Penn trying to escape with his life (seems that was his only motivation - knowing that BW was knocking off the top Gentek scientist, he was just protecting himself by running) - BUT - he did release the stuff, but he did it literally as he was being shot to death by BlackWatch troops - not sure if that counts as a truly pre-meditated act....

Honestly that's one of the coolest twists in super/anti-hero fiction - the fact that "Mercer" is nothing more than the living embodiment of the virus, and only "thinks" it's Alex Mercer the whole time. It's a great concept and is ripe for further development.

So BlackWatch just codenamed him Zeus, right?
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#10Celiria_RosePosted 4/20/2012 5:40:08 AM(edited)
Mercer helped create the blacklight virus and then when cornered chose to take as many with him as he could be spiking what he knew was a deadly virus.

So yes Mercer was evil.

As said though Zeus is a bit more tricky to define.