I discovered a respawn location for power upgrade monsters, RED ZONE.

#1gamer6879403333Posted 4/26/2012 7:46:35 AM
I figure a thread about their locations and info about them should be made. A few things to know first.-

1.If the monster is killed before you consume it, you should reload, because it will take a long time to respawn.

2. Sometimes the monster won't be there on a reload, but there is a way to trigger it. Continuously going to another area and then coming back to the spawn location will eventually make it appear.

3. This may seem obvious, but it took me a while to figure it out. Anyway, the weapon has to be "equipped" (assigned to either of the 2 power buttons) to upgrade, otherwise it will just give an EXP bonus if no powers currently equipped can level any further. For instance, for me, I still had hammer fists at level 1 because I hadn't used them since I got them, so the dozens of upgrade monsters I had consumed to that point were going to waste. Once I equipped hammer fists, every single time I consumed the upgrade monster I'm talking about, it resulted in an upgrade.

Now to give the info. It's a brawler, around 450, 240. Right around this area, near a circular building and air bridge base, usually in a battle with a bunch of tanks along with other brawlers and infected-

http://postimage.org/image/t3kv6a737/

Everything in the green is where it can show up. If it's not there, as I said, just leave the area. My main way to do that was go to Chinatown and then turn around and go right back. There's an easily accessible helicopter right near by for quick travel. If it's there, bail out quick, the tanks wipe the floor with it fast (I once saw it die to a tank right in front of me before I could even get near it... I used a fully charged devastator on the Blackwatch for that).

There, max out any powers you haven't yet. If someone knows an even sooner place, mention it.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2DarquePosted 4/26/2012 7:54:21 AM
Ha! I just tried this, following your advice and it worked. XD

Good find. =)

Gotta be quick though, that base will shred it.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#3gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 10:32:04 AM
Bump

Too useful to let die.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#4Xcon3Posted 4/26/2012 10:39:13 AM
I love you.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#5Acidfreeze30Posted 4/26/2012 11:24:58 AM
Nice find
---
Sup.
#6gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 2:40:05 PM
Should I bump again?
---
#7StaticPenguinPosted 4/26/2012 2:44:55 PM
Gonna bump this for later use. All the feedback is looking good.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#8StaticPenguinPosted 4/26/2012 3:08:45 PM
It's not working for me. :(
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#9gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 3:42:23 PM
He's there, trust us. You just need to keep flying to Chinatown and flying back, over and over, and he'll be there. If he isn't after 4 round trips, reload, because he probably died fighting a tank before you arrived but after he spawned.
---
#10DarquePosted 4/26/2012 4:01:20 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
It's not working for me. :(

Keep at it.

It does in fact work. Managed to get my last 8 upgrades doing this. =)

What I usually do, is grab a Heli, fly in and out of the zone... tends to speed things up.
---
Jill Valentine > You