Poll Time...Mercer or Heller?

#1MERCERnaryPosted 4/29/2012 9:40:52 PM
This isn't to spark a debate or flaming of any sorts. It's a simple poll I'm curious of. My trip to GameStop today was kinda interesting. They said they've had numerous people returning to trade in their copy of P2 rather quickly but didn't ask why. I wont ask everyone for reasons or explanations. If we had a decision in P3 as who we played as....Just answer me this...

TL:DR...? Who is your favorite character; Mercer or Heller?
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#2YounGCavS521Posted 4/29/2012 9:45:38 PM
Mercer.

While I was pleasantly surprised with Heller's character, I still prefer Mercer.
---
GT & PSN: YounGCavS521
#3cyberdude566Posted 4/29/2012 9:47:05 PM
Before I played the game I thought there was no way they were gonna make a better character than Mercer but I've really liked Heller. His look, deep voice unleashing mf-er every other word, and from the beginning he didn't back down from anyone, even Mercer. Total badass.
#4MERCERnary(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 9:51:24 PM
Mercer: 1
Heller: 1

I'll exclude myself for now since it'd hardly be fair to count myself so early. But thank you guys for the quick responses. =)
---
#5mooninomicsPosted 4/29/2012 10:03:45 PM
Heller.

While I liked Mercer's general moral ambiguity more than Heller's occasional "good guy" leanings, Heller was the more enjoyable character overall.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the steven king of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#6ghost737Posted 4/29/2012 10:04:20 PM

as with the previous post i didnt think i would like Heller but he turned out to be awesome and honestly probably one of my  new favorite game characters. one of my favorite lines of his was when that evolved latched onto the side of the chopper that Heller was in disguised as a scientist and the evolved was looking for Dr. something and Heller goes "The Doctor's out  mother****!" and puches him off the helicopter. so cool lol.

#7RHDF20BPreludePosted 4/29/2012 10:12:15 PM
if people traded it back in, probably cause they beat it...? its not like it was long game.

I don't know. I like how Mercer became da boss, but I loved how Heller tossed insults around all day.
---
360 and PS3 tags: DiegoElFuego. WiiSSBB: 1032-0974-7716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vbQfBPYLk&feature=channel
#8XxLastBull3txXPosted 4/29/2012 10:14:48 PM
Mercer looks better with that hood and emblem on the back. So my choice would be mercer.
#9MERCERnary(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:16:46 PM
Mercer: 1
Heller: 3
Tie: 1 (Forgot about those who may be torn between them!)

And I dunno...If I love a game I keep it. Example. I have TWO copies of Prototype 1....I use one to play and another for keepsake. My own little nod to the developers to encourage a sequel. Not sure how I feel about P2 though... Was hoping the GF public could enlighten me on who was truly more popular. =)
---
#10GigabomberPosted 4/29/2012 10:50:57 PM
Heller, clearly. They fleshed out the dialogue with the character even during the side missions while still avoiding straying too heavily into stereotype hell.