Two quick questions for anybody who has played this game and also the first

#1ayame95Posted 4/30/2012 1:35:31 AM
I liked the first Prototype well enough, but there was two points that really bothered me...to the point where I don't think I'd play this game if they are still in place. I look around a bit but didn't see any concrete answers...so I'd really appreciate anybody who played this one, and also the first, to take the time and answer.

1. Does the action still slow down when you go to melee attack an enemy? In the first Prototype, when you went to melee attack something, the game would purposefully go into slow motion (presumably to save the frame rate). This drove me nuts and I'm hoping it's gone for the second game.

2. Are the boss fights still very long and tedious? I understand that the boss fights in the first game might not have been too much trouble if you found some technique, but at least for me playing through casually my first time, I found each of the major boss fights to take a very long time and be kind of repetitive...not very fun. They weren't really challenging, just long. A lot of times I had to run off and consume people to regain my energy, then come back and do some attack pattern, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers!
#2wemboo__a17Posted 4/30/2012 1:38:17 AM

for me the melee doesn't noticeably slow down my game, and the boss fights have been pretty easy for me on normal as a casual gamer. Some are slightly challenging, but not overly so, and not incredibly repetetive.

#3ayame95(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:46:36 AM
Thank you for the reply...by the way, did you notice what I was talking about in the first game, and are then observing that it's no longer present here?
---
I'm not really from outerspace.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4858/keitaibuddhavg2.jpg
#4myceloPosted 4/30/2012 4:23:55 AM
This game still goes into slow motion for some moves, and it pretty much pauses the action when you grab people and mount tanks (so you can scratch your head and decide what you do with them).

I for one like to appreciate action in slow motion. The lack of pressure to press buttons is also good.
---
If read by accident, provoke vomiting.
GT: myceloX
#5sparowprimePosted 4/30/2012 4:50:40 AM

It only goes into slow motion for a moment after you have locked onto a target.

If you were to attack without locking on, say in a group of enemies, it won't slow down on you.

But to properly attack a helicopter or single out an enemy from the crowd, the slow down is put in place to enhance your focus.

#6ayame95(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:16:27 PM
Thank you for the answers...disappointing as they may be. I understand some people don't mind the slow-mo and that's great, but for me it's a dealbreaker. I guess I'll be skipping this game. Thanks for the helpful answers, everybody!
---
I'm not really from outerspace.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4858/keitaibuddhavg2.jpg
#7EtherealSoulPosted 4/30/2012 6:41:43 PM
ayame95 posted...
Thank you for the answers...disappointing as they may be. I understand some people don't mind the slow-mo and that's great, but for me it's a dealbreaker. I guess I'll be skipping this game. Thanks for the helpful answers, everybody!

...you're going to skip a game for something that only lasts for roughly one second.

*face-palm*
---
Currently playing: ---
Recently finished: FFIX (replay), FFXIII-2, FF IV(kinda replay. Damn memory card), FF VI, FFII, FFI, FFV
#8legendX66Posted 4/30/2012 6:43:53 PM
EtherealSoul posted...
ayame95 posted...

...you're going to skip a game for something that only lasts for roughly one second.

*face-palm*

it really barely makes a difference lol. this game is to good to skip for that.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#9tropicananaPosted 4/30/2012 10:51:57 PM
As someone who hated it in the first one and all of the killshots in Bethesda's games, this one is not bad enough to hinder my enjoyment. TC, might wanna rent.