Just finished the game, what a satisfying ending.

#1BlooddovePosted 4/30/2012 6:50:12 AM
Bioware could learn a thing or two from the ending of prototype 2.:)- How sad is it that an action game does way better at an ending, then a game where the story is one of main selling point, such as a rpg.
---
True genius is simplicity at its core.
#2EzraGenesisPosted 4/30/2012 6:58:54 AM
I liked the ending, but a LOT of people are going to disagree with you.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#3ISpeakTheTruthPosted 4/30/2012 7:26:48 AM
I loved the ending because the entire game had a theme of keeping your humanity and holding on to those you love. Heller was a good side of humanity someone who wanted to protect those he loved. While Mercer was the evil side of humanity a person who doesn't care about what happens to anyone as long as he gets what he wants.
#4XclaimPosted 4/30/2012 7:31:09 AM
*spoiler warning*

I agree with you TC, I'm glad the ending was a clean victory for Heller. However EzraGenesis is right, a LOT of Mercer fanboys on this board are upset that Mercer didn't live.
---
Sazh: "You don't look ready to go quiet into that good night."
Lightning: "You want quiet? You better take the next train."
#5Ultima_Weapon11Posted 4/30/2012 10:21:39 AM
i loved the ending. never played ME3 but hey as long as Tali lived i wouldn't care about that ending either.

mercer was a emo looking S.o.B. and really had it comming. Heller was (while flawed) a much better example of the virus could be used for good.

(by flawed i mean the occasional civillian human happy meal)
---
GT is Bojack1135
The pursuit of perfection is as flawed as the concept of perfection itself...
#6NailbombPosted 4/30/2012 10:33:00 AM
Agreed.

*SPOILERS*

The only parts I didn't like are how Mercer went out with such a stupid one-liner and Heller's street-clearing devastator nonsense. Either way, at least it provided some closure.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#7readyaimfailPosted 4/30/2012 10:46:12 AM
I wish mercer was not an emo he was awesome in the first one, truly an anti-hero.
The boss fight should have been longer.
---
I AGREE
Star wars battlefront 3 is needed- sig inspired by zerooo0
#8vgman94Posted 4/30/2012 10:52:15 AM
Nailbomb posted...
Agreed.

*SPOILERS*

The only parts I didn't like are how Mercer went out with such a stupid one-liner and Heller's street-clearing devastator nonsense. Either way, at least it provided some closure.

I personally loved Mercer's line. He lost fair and square and admitted it, practically congratulating Heller for defeating him. I only wished they actually EXPLAINED what that city-wide Devastator (as well as show a lot more of it. You know, Goliaths being consumed, Juggernauts being covered in Tendrils, etc) was and where did it come from. I assume the why is because of the massive power boost gained by consuming Alex along with all the DNA and mass he had attained by that point.
#9War RaichuPosted 4/30/2012 11:09:14 AM
vgman94 posted...
Nailbomb posted...
Agreed.

*SPOILERS*

I personally loved Mercer's line. He lost fair and square and admitted it, practically congratulating Heller for defeating him. I only wished they actually EXPLAINED what that city-wide Devastator (as well as show a lot more of it. You know, Goliaths being consumed, Juggernauts being covered in Tendrils, etc) was and where did it come from. I assume the why is because of the massive power boost gained by consuming Alex along with all the DNA and mass he had attained by that point.

I thought it was pretty clear that Heller killed and absorbed every infected being in the city, effectively purging the city of the virus

hence why Dana said "what happens next?"

my only complaint with the ending is how abruptly the cutscene ended after the above line. Apparently I'm not the only one that thought the game glitched when it cut to black not even a second after that line was spoken.
---
Currently Playing Prototype 2 (360)
Currently Awaiting The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
#10gamer6879403333Posted 4/30/2012 12:00:14 PM
Where the devastator came from is a simple answer. The more mass you have, the bigger devastator you can do. Alex was himself already massive, and he's consumed tons more mass over the course of his "life", and just recently consumed a bunch of evolved (who also have tons of mass). Add that all together, it means that Mercer was so massive that just consuming him makes your "mass gauge" Godzilla-freaking-enormous. Like, if we could have saw it, the mass gauge was probably going across the entire screen... 3 times over. And remember, the more mass you have built up when you do a devastator, the bigger and stronger it is. So releasing every single bit of mass Alex gave him in one massive devastator would have expected result. Considering it looks like Heller used 100% of Alex's mass, it probably means there's nothing of Alex left anywhere, not even as part of Heller's mass because it was all used up. This is why I think Alex is gone for good, there should be nothing left after what Heller did.

I think I'm going to repost this as a topic all its own...
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.