Really needs a 'Keys To The City' Mode

#1NotARealPersonPosted 4/30/2012 9:15:00 AM
For those of you unaware, "Keys To The City" was used in the Crackdown games as a sort of Sandbox Debug mode which allowed the player to alter various gameplay bits for any number of possible outcomes, in Crackdown 2, it included the ability to spawn specific enemies from menus, weapons, vehicles, power-ups, and things like turning on or off certain "sets" of NPCs like no Pedestrians etc.

in Prototype, the ability to just spawn various things at will for an ultimate sandbox experience would be so satisfying.

Open a menu, spawn a brawler or Juggernaut in the middle of a street in the Green Zone,
set your disguise to anything available in the game, spawn vehicles and weapons for easy access..
and even stuff like some extra powers and various "goofy" stuff to play around with like a beach ball or something...there are endless possibilities...
---
http://tmproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?
GT: Doktor ALUCARD
#2S0uIjaBoYisKiNGPosted 4/30/2012 9:18:54 AM
no that would just break the game terrible idea
---
official rap superstar/playa/real as elected by citizens of the zelda skyward zord bward of the zelda skyward sword boards
#3LSxWillPosted 4/30/2012 9:18:55 AM
best idea i've heard yet
#4M413FIK-EPosted 4/30/2012 9:19:31 AM
NotARealPerson posted...
For those of you unaware, "Keys To The City" was used in the Crackdown games as a sort of Sandbox Debug mode which allowed the player to alter various gameplay bits for any number of possible outcomes, in Crackdown 2, it included the ability to spawn specific enemies from menus, weapons, vehicles, power-ups, and things like turning on or off certain "sets" of NPCs like no Pedestrians etc.

in Prototype, the ability to just spawn various things at will for an ultimate sandbox experience would be so satisfying.

Open a menu, spawn a brawler or Juggernaut in the middle of a street in the Green Zone,
set your disguise to anything available in the game, spawn vehicles and weapons for easy access..
and even stuff like some extra powers and various "goofy" stuff to play around with like a beach ball or something...there are endless possibilities...
---

I approve this message!
#5NotARealPerson(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 9:22:33 AM
S0uIjaBoYisKiNG posted...
no that would just break the game terrible idea

Break the game?
It would not affect the normal campaign at all.
in Crackdown you can't even get achievements in Keys.
or save any progress you've acquired through using the "cheats".

I don't see how it would break the game.

It would be a separate mode, starting from scratch everytime it is started, but through the use of the cheats in-game allow you to mess around and set your abilities to whatever etc.

---

Also, the ability to replay missions would be nice.
---
#6War RaichuPosted 4/30/2012 9:28:35 AM
agreed
---
Currently Playing Prototype 2 (360)
Currently Awaiting The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
#7raw_meta4Posted 4/30/2012 9:29:14 AM
Good idea. Unlock after new game +... could be epic
#8warnutPosted 4/30/2012 9:32:13 AM
It was like a new game ++ kinda thing, that would be pretty awesome
---
If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about,
Lift your head up and blow your brains out.
#9Midden11Posted 4/30/2012 9:49:16 AM
This game badly needs something to make replaying it more appealing

there should be a blackwatch terminal you can go to with repeatable GTA style vigilante missions, spawning goliaths and juggernaughts randomly somewhere in the city. I'd play this game until prototype 3 is released if it had that feature.
#10FerdMertzPosted 4/30/2012 10:19:38 AM
Agreed.

I would really like to manipulate the time of day and weather. I could do without the HUD when I'm not in a mission. Turning all the zones into a full blown zombie apocalypse would be pretty sweet. Having all three zones unlocked from the onset would be nice.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil: ORC