6/10 from pushsquare

#1SuplexKirbyPosted 4/30/2012 1:14:54 PM
http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps3/prototype_2#comments
#2mithsvPosted 4/30/2012 1:22:47 PM
Those posters saying in the comments "I'll stick with InFamous" are making a huge mistake :).
I'm playing the PS3 version of Prototype 2 (just came over to check this board because it's a bit more active) and as much as I liked particularly InFamous 2, I'm simply having more fun in Prototype 2. The levels of carnage you can cause (it really ramped up once I got some way into the green zone missions) are hugely entertaining. And I'm even enjoying the story, paper thin as it may be.

Unlike the first Prototype the second also looks pretty damn great, has a world with a lot of life in it down at street level, and runs at what feels like a nearly rock solid framerate.
#3War RaichuPosted 4/30/2012 2:51:10 PM
why am I not surprised it's a Playstation fan site

despite Prototype being a multiplatform game, Sony fanboys feel obligated to hate on it because it's marginally similar to Infamous
---
Currently Playing Prototype 2 (360)
Currently Awaiting The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
#4skylinefreekPosted 4/30/2012 3:39:22 PM
War Raichu posted...

despite Prototype being a multiplatform game, Sony fanboys feel obligated to hate on it because it's marginally similar to Infamous

i got infamous when it was free from sony after that hacking issue, and hated it. went straight back to prototype 1
---
xbox gt: sinlessorrow
psn: sinlessorrow mgo: SinlesSorrow
#5EDM5990Posted 4/30/2012 3:59:15 PM
Fanboys, the scurge of the internet, why can't the PS3 fanboys be like me and enjoy both. I will say this though, I enjoyed Prototype 2 far more than Infamous 2
#6SuplexKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:22:50 AM
I don't understand the hate for both franchise. It's like no one like to play games for fun anymore and just post stupid negatives towards some great games. Also the review is dumb.
#7Buddy_DacotePosted 5/1/2012 12:15:09 PM
War Raichu posted...

I think the only reason people compare them is that the first two games were released almost at the same time.
#8PhatoseAlphaPosted 5/1/2012 12:29:27 PM
It's not just a dueling fanbase though. When Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation declared he couldn't decide whether IF or PT was the better game, and that he'd give the award to whichever team provided the better drawing of the other game's protagonist in women's underwear, both developers took part.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge

Pictures on page 2 and 3.
#9War RaichuPosted 5/1/2012 1:36:03 PM
PhatoseAlpha posted...
It's not just a dueling fanbase though. When Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation declared he couldn't decide whether IF or PT was the better game, and that he'd give the award to whichever team provided the better drawing of the other game's protagonist in women's underwear, both developers took part.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/6228-Yahtzees-Prototype-vs-InFamous-Challenge

as much as I like Yahtzee, I can't help but feel like he helped this "rivalry" along by making his Prototype review a comparison with InFamous
---
Currently Playing Prototype 2 (360)
Currently Awaiting The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
#10Maximum OverdrivePosted 5/1/2012 1:37:51 PM
PhatoseAlpha posted...

ROFL at Alex on a unicorn with a rainbow in the background.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL