A few oversights someone missed ?

#1Vexx303Posted 4/30/2012 5:12:58 PM
I mostly spent the weekend out drinking, so I didnt "Focus" on the game...and was drunk for most of the play...but I did play between drinking and sleeping throughout the weekend...while playing the game for a few hours here and there, I beat it...I dont remember everything about the game...and only some of the fun had while drinking, but I'm assuming it's a safe bet to say the game is about 10 hours long...

Now that we know the game is roughly 10 hours, lets get to the oversights:

Oversight Number 1 - Game length and Radnet Challenges :

As said, the game is roughly 10 hours...Give or take with some skill/difficulty variations, but the DLC is set to come out between now and the 8th of June. So...If a customer beats the game in two days...Are they expected to continue doing NewGame+ for over a month?...Not likely, also most will probably take a break from the game and come back when everything is unlocked....or not bother coming back at all with how fast new games come out...(Diablo 3 Anyone?)

Oversight number 2 - NewGame+ :

Obviously you need to beat the game once before this mode unlocks...So what's up with all the Tutorials still being annoyingly present?

Oversight number 3 - Collectibles and Achievements:

Why bother resetting Collectibles in NG+? They all remain the same spots, and there's no point in getting them if you already got them, because the achievements are got, and wont unlock any additional mutations...I guess maybe for the EP?

Now onto Achievements; I'm not one that focuses on these...sometimes I will, but they honestly do nothing and have zero value...While playing through the game I got all but a handful of Achievements; I decided to go for the rest of them...I played the game on Normal, and got all but the last two without feeling any type of real challenge...

Oversight number 4 - DLC:

Anything that comes out that doesnt add further story/content will probably not be purchased by most; If you beat the game and DLC is only a Skin Texture, challenge or weapons/abilities...It doesnt change the game...nor anything more than a couple minutes of varied play. Again why would most buy it?

Oversight number 5 - Start and Back button :

This one is just a useless complaint but for some reason it bothers me so much...The Back and the Start buttons' functions should be swapped...Pressing start should bring up the Save/Load menu, not the Map.

While fun, the game was not worth $60, and I still dont see how the LE sold for anything more than $70, but it was fun and better than alot of games that have come out recently no doubt. If all the Radnet challenges/content was unlocked from the start, or over a couple of weeks I could see it being a bit more worth it...But by the time June 8th rolls around, most hardcore gamers would have moved on already...

Just my take on the game...
#2SolGerXPosted 4/30/2012 5:35:13 PM
i don't know about the rest, but...thank god i'm not the only one bothered by the Back and Start buttons. it's nitpicking, but most of the games i have played have them swapped.
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#3Slaps_godPosted 4/30/2012 6:07:29 PM
Your #1 is incorrect. One of the main purposes behind RadNet is to keep the game in the hands of a customer for longer. Since, P2 has no MP (and it shouldn't have MP) They needed another avenue to keep it in your collection. RadNet is their answer.
---
Gt = WildMN34
Waiting to play: Gears of War 3, Rage, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3
#4Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:00:30 PM
Slaps_god posted...
Your #1 is incorrect. One of the main purposes behind RadNet is to keep the game in the hands of a customer for longer. Since, P2 has no MP (and it shouldn't have MP) They needed another avenue to keep it in your collection. RadNet is their answer.

While it may be incorrect for you...I can promise that most people are not going to hold onto a game for over a month for some "5 minute DLC"...My buddy has already taken his back. (He got it used from someone else who had returned it before him, and he beat it within the 7 day limit and returned it for full price...)

My point is that as far as I've read, there is no DLC slotted that actually adds to the storyline/etc. From the information out on the DLC, it is assumed to only be new abilities/skins/challenges...Nothing that's going to last very long...(I personally beat all 3 of the "29th" challenges within 10min of them becoming availible in my playthrough.)

Again, not hating on the game, I liked it...I just dont see this as a productive way for them to "Keep the game in the customers hands for longer"...Someone can beat it now, return the game, and then wait a couple months...Get it Used again, beat all the challenges in a couple hour sitting...play with all the new features until they get bored and still return it within the 7 day limit for their money back...
#5geneparkPosted 4/30/2012 8:08:11 PM
The back/start button swap also drives me insane. I don't know why I don't have the brain capacity to remember which is which.

Oh now I know why, because EVERY OTHER GAME HAS IT THE OTHER WAY.

Still love the game though.
#6Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:15:02 PM
genepark posted...
The back/start button swap also drives me insane. I don't know why I don't have the brain capacity to remember which is which.

Oh now I know why, because EVERY OTHER GAME HAS IT THE OTHER WAY.

Still love the game though.

Yup, same here, always pushing the wrong one...I have made a habit of pushing Start right after pushing Back though...
#7Spastic_NutcasePosted 5/1/2012 12:00:34 AM
My oversights:

Hellers parkour is dumbed down from P1. He now hops over everything, which looks way less stylish. Theres also no backflip option (The fricken evolved do it but i cant?)

The addition of the 'overhead dodge' is a great addition. But fighting the evolved left a really sour taste when the FORCED quick time came in. I hate the forced quick time repetitive moves, they dont even look that good. When fighting without it, you can mix up your attacks and powers and play skillfully.
Its a Gory Foul languaged ADULT game, yet it holds your hand like you're 3 yrs old.

They removed more moves than they added? Did anyone notice that? i dont get the reasoning behind it? why dumb down parkour, and moves? isnt it a sequel?

I still finished it twice and did everything possible because i simply love "Prototype" as a whole, but i think they couldve been more ambitious. It was very safe imo
#8poorrabbitPosted 5/1/2012 8:23:06 AM
Your number 3 is a little off:

You can't fully upgrade Heller in one go 'round. The collectible missions (blacknet, blackboxes, lairs and field ops) give you the opportunity to fully upgrade Heller early on in NG+. And you don't have to do them all, just do the ones that give you the upgrades that you don't have yet...
#9Vexx303(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:01:35 PM
poorrabbit posted...
Your number 3 is a little off:

You can't fully upgrade Heller in one go 'round. The collectible missions (blacknet, blackboxes, lairs and field ops) give you the opportunity to fully upgrade Heller early on in NG+. And you don't have to do them all, just do the ones that give you the upgrades that you don't have yet...

You can get every actual mutation in a single playthrough (the ones that come from Lairs/Blackbox/etc)...You cannot get the fully upgraded Heller achievement though because a handful of "Mutations" come from "leveling" (There's not enough EP in one normal playthrough to get all of them)...If you want to suffer through free roam and kill guys till you get the remaining XP within that first playthrough, you can...but it'd be insanely tedious...

Besides that, I wouldnt consider most of those to be "Abilities" as they're passive skills like increased HP/Mass/etc. (Excluding those finishers of course).
#10DoukouscarPosted 5/1/2012 5:25:55 PM
Isn't May 8th and May 28th?
---
Don't read this sig.