So why does Blackwatch not use blood tox anymore? possible SPOILERS

#1gamer6879403333Posted 5/1/2012 11:51:58 AM
It was apparently really effective against any form of Blacklight virus, so why don't they deploy it anymore? The web of intrigue made it sound like it was really easy to mass produce, so I doubt that resources are an issue. It's just weird that it was completely forgotten about after they made it one of their key strategies in the last outbreak. Hell, just blanket Manhattan in it and the red zone is cleared.

It's like they completely forgot they ever made and deployed it.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#2legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 12:03:22 PM
it was made to kill mercer and mercer gained immunity to it.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#3gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:07:11 PM
Not just Mercer, all infected. It's what they used to force Green into a fight, because her underground safe area was being flooded with a deadly poison to her kind. Any and all infected die in it, not just Mercer. And Mercer only start to grow immune because he's a very specially adaptive manifestation of the virus.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#4SuperFlikPosted 5/1/2012 12:11:19 PM
Then I guess you haven't reached the Green Zone yet.
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"
#5legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 12:12:45 PM
SuperFlik posted...

whitelight is not the same. perhaps other infected gained immunity after exposure? or they just favore whitelight more now.
---
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#6gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:13:34 PM(edited)
SuperFlik posted...

You really think that? I've totally completed the game once, and I'm currently 1/4 into my second run.
---
#7SuperFlikPosted 5/1/2012 12:15:43 PM
No, I'm not talking about Whitelight.

Fact: Mercer has grown immune to the bloodtox.
Fact: Mercer caused the second infection.

It's logical to believe that he would make the second infection immune to the bloodtox.
---
#8legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 12:19:14 PM
SuperFlik posted...

It's logical to believe that he would make the second infection immune to the bloodtox.

assuming he even can do that. I'd assume that was one reason he altered whitelight.
---
#9gamer6879403333(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:21:55 PM
SuperFlik posted...

Even if everything spawned from him is immune now (which I agree is possible), that still doesn't explain why they don't even try it at any point in the game to then realize it doesn't work. Blackwatch never figured out he was growing immune to it, so they would have no reason to assume it wouldn't work anymore right from the start. There should have at least been one part where they tried to and found out that it's now ineffective.

Also, if not Whitelight, then what in the world was you referring to that's in the green zone?
---
#10SuperFlikPosted 5/1/2012 12:32:08 PM(edited)
gamer6879403333 posted...
Also, if not Whitelight, then what in the world was you referring to that's in the green zone?

I figured that since you hadn't made the connection between Mercer and the resurgence of the virus, that you hadn't reached the Green Zone yet, where it flat out shows Mercer re-releasing the virus at Penn Station.

Also, there's a 3-4 week difference between Mercer re-releasing the virus and the start of the game, so it's likely that Blackwatch tried to use Bloodtox again, only to find that it doesn't work.
---