Pre order bonuses? More like pre order rip off.

#1Spastic_NutcasePosted 5/1/2012 5:27:13 PM
There is no bonus. You DONT get a bonus for purchasing from a certain place.
You are given one extra power and MISS OUT on a bunch of others.
Thats not a bonus. Thats a rip off. You're getting less, not more.
The functionality is there. If they wanted, every copy could have had the full set of moves that the game was intended to have.
They TOOK AWAY powers and abilities that they could have included as 1st day dlc for EVERYONE who paid full price for the game.

This is a separate issue but ties in somewhat: Even if they DID include all the pre order DLC, they still removed most of the moves of the 1st game which IMO is not an improvement but a detriment, and sequels should improve on the previous iteration. If you bump up graphics, and remove moves what have you gained? If for everything you add, you remove something, you're not moving forward. You're not improving. You're simply making changes.

I love the prototype franchise so much that it saddens me that its not as good as it could have been.
#2Spastic_Nutcase(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:30:28 PM
In a dev interview one mention was that they had trouble fitting all the moves and powers to the buttons on the controller because "There simply wasn't enough buttons for all the functionality in the game"

In non-powered form, i fly around and press Y and nothing happens. The button is useless. There is a move thats supposed to be mapped to it, but because of this i have less of a game.
#3XGeassPosted 5/1/2012 5:32:04 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/281/8/c/Tatical_Face_Palm_by_FrankieCesca_Chan.jpg
---
Relius vs Hazama, who is the true king of trolls?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjn1N_RG9CY
#4XGeassPosted 5/1/2012 5:33:43 PM
Spastic_Nutcase posted...
In a dev interview one mention was that they had trouble fitting all the moves and powers to the buttons on the controller because "There simply wasn't enough buttons for all the functionality in the game"

In non-powered form, i fly around and press Y and nothing happens. The button is useless. There is a move thats supposed to be mapped to it, but because of this i have less of a game.

http://vglounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Facepalm-1.jpeg
---
Relius vs Hazama, who is the true king of trolls?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjn1N_RG9CY
#5Spastic_Nutcase(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:49:27 PM
Dear facepalmers,

Please note that this is not an image board, and as such, linked images simply show up as links and make you look stupid.
If you have something to say, why not express yourself like a normal human being, and say what it is you have a problem with.

Yours regrettably,
The rest of the internet
#6legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 5:51:57 PM
Dear facepalmers,

Please note that this is not an image board, and as such, linked images simply show up as links and make you look stupid.
If you have something to say, why not express yourself like a normal human being, and say what it is you have a problem with.

Yours regrettably,
The rest of the internet

it's only fair to express it in text. facepalm
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#7Spastic_Nutcase(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:53:52 PM
Try it again, only this time make a fist before you make contact with your face :)
#8legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 5:54:15 PM
Try it again, only this time make a fist before you make contact with your face :)

okay. facefist
---
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#9Spastic_Nutcase(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:58:09 PM
Thats the way, you might want to repeat the process a few times. Do it, people will think you're funny, if this board had a rep system you'd be ballin.

What was said that was so ridiculous? I paid $100 AUD for a game thats missing functionality that could have been included, if they went with value over marketing bs.
#10legendX66Posted 5/1/2012 6:02:30 PM
Thats the way, you might want to repeat the process a few times. Do it, people will think you're funny, if this board had a rep system you'd be ballin.

What was said that was so ridiculous? I paid $100 AUD for a game thats missing functionality that could have been included, if they went with value over marketing bs.

it's nothing new and most it is like one animation that won;t effect anything anyway. and okay facefist facefist lol.
---