The game is great but the Controls are kind of wonky and lock on is bad

#1Mufasah1337Posted 5/2/2012 8:52:32 AM
Anyone feel the same way? I don't remember it being this bad in Prototype 1. I'm still having a blast though, but the slow-mo from lock on seems like it causes problems and sometimes my inputs are delayed (for shields). It feels like they were going for something Arkham City-esque, I don't remember the first game too well, though, so maybe it was always like this?
#2Skynet82997Posted 5/2/2012 9:38:26 AM
I dunno - he feels really responsive to me. I just played thru P1 again over the last month or so and Mercer felt more fluid and "bouncy", but Heller moves more purposefully and still has the speed - Heller's jump has more distance - more like Hulk's jumping.

I found once I got used to hitting and holding A only AFTER I touch the ground, his jump works just as well, albeit a bit differently. I like it because they are two different guys, so them having slight variations to their powers and movement makes sense.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3TsunamiRoarPosted 5/2/2012 9:46:11 AM

I dunno - he feels really responsive to me. I just played thru P1 again over the last month or so and Mercer felt more fluid and "bouncy", but Heller moves more purposefully and still has the speed - Heller's jump has more distance - more like Hulk's jumping.

I found once I got used to hitting and holding A only AFTER I touch the ground, his jump works just as well, albeit a bit differently. I like it because they are two different guys, so them having slight variations to their powers and movement makes sense.....

This. I was a little upset with the change in the controls at first, but Helller's method of jumping has a lot more control to it, since you don't have to figure jump height out before you even jump.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#4Mufasah1337(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 12:46:49 PM
Hmm I see, I probably just need to play more, I'm sure I'll have it down by my Insanity playthrough. I definitely see what you mean when you compare his jump to the Hulk's.
#5SuperSocratesPosted 5/2/2012 1:26:49 PM
Lock on is definitely worse in this game.
---
Ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
#6PhantasmplusPosted 5/2/2012 1:48:42 PM
Yeah, lock on is bad. Controls are fine IMO. But lock-on, oh jesus. NO HELLER. I DON'T WANT TO LOCK ON TO THE SOLDIER DOWN THE ROAD. I WANT TO LOCK ON TO THE SUPERSOLDIER BEATING THE S*** OUT OF YOU BECAUSE YOU WON'T LOOK AT HIM.
---
I'll just have to get a full apology from you later.
RARITYCATCHME.
#7cubegod69erPosted 5/2/2012 2:47:11 PM
what I can't stand is sometimes a soldier will be right in front of you that you want to target. You hold down the LT, and it targets something else. Then you cycle through available targets with the right stick, and the soldier in front of you never gets targeted. The targeting needed more testing.
#8The_King82Posted 5/2/2012 4:28:54 PM
Lock on got a bit worse. I had no problem with it in the first game. In the first game, it usually targets whoever is most threatening. The second pretty much just targets whatever is in front of you. Annoying when you have helicopters shooting down at you.
#9AlphusUltimusPosted 5/2/2012 6:15:37 PM
lock on is very annoying.
it locks on mission objectives or the biggest threat, instead of the closest threat.
---
XBOX360 GT: AlphaUltima
#10ccaad5Posted 5/3/2012 11:34:39 AM
Lock on got way worse.

Jump/Glide/Dash controls make no sense now and are worse.

Overall, game is better.
---
("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
..v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.