Poll Results: Mercer or Heller?

#1MERCERnaryPosted 5/2/2012 9:02:26 PM
This was a lot closer than I thought it would be, on the 360 side it seems we have more Heller fans than Mercer! So...here's the final score for the 360 board...

Mercer:: 35
Heller: 42

--- Winner: HELLER ---

Now, for the winner on both forums? This had me laughing like an idiot as I added up the votes from the last update on both forums. I couldn't believe it was THIS close. But here it is...

Mercer:: 60
Heller: 59

--- Champion: MERCER ---

Thank you to all who participated. I actually had a blast reading all the comments and was looking forward to the conclusion. Very happy to see the end results weren't totally one sided!

Source for PS3 votes: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615816-prototype-2/62682291

Feel free to comment but lets try to keep it civil and the flaming to a minimum. =) Thanks again all!
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#2TsunamiRoarPosted 5/2/2012 9:08:55 PM(edited)
Well, this is good. It's a small sample size, but it's still equal, and the common fan probably doesn't care either way. Both characters have their strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention that a lot of people that like Mercer more probably don't hate Heller, so they've pleased at least a fair size of their fanbase.

EDIT: Even though you didn't take my vote (mostly because I didn't vote), I probably would've gone with Mercer, simply because he has a deeper move list.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#3MERCERnary(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 9:11:01 PM
Yes. I didn't make this topic to start a debate or go "neener-neener Mercer is better". I was honestly curious, and now I'm surprised with how close it was. As you said this was only a small survey but considering my resources this was the best I could do. =) Plus I figured a week was long enough to give people time to figure who they enjoyed more. ^^/
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#4TsunamiRoarPosted 5/2/2012 9:15:59 PM
Yeah, I'm actually kinda' surprised by how many votes Heller got, considering some of the reactions I've seen from people on Facebook, and knowing that GFAQs isn't really that much better. I was against it at first, but he's actually really grown on me, plus this could set a precedent for the series where we get a new protagonist every game (maybe Pariah for 3? Just let us play as a bad guy when he's bad).
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#5darkness1018Posted 5/3/2012 12:38:38 AM
Sad to see Mercer won more single votes (on here not ps3) but glad to see Mercer won overall.
#6darkness1018Posted 5/3/2012 12:39:14 AM
Sad to see Heller won more single votes (on here not ps3) but glad to see Mercer won overall.
#7CruorComaPosted 5/3/2012 1:18:55 AM
Nice poll :-)
---
Gamertag: LordMahemium - RIP Sparky
Satanic Overlord of The Bar With No Name
#8MVNeoPosted 5/3/2012 3:07:37 AM
I voted a couple hours after this thread was made and voted for Heller.
---
http://raptr.com/UNSCleric
http://last.fm/user/UNSCleric
#9myceloPosted 5/3/2012 4:49:41 AM
Heller: badass
Mercer: emo
---
If read by accident, provoke vomiting.
GT: myceloX
#10Ultima_Weapon11Posted 5/3/2012 9:47:42 AM
i'm not surprised or upset by the results. while i personally voted for heller, mercer wasn't all that bad so I can see why he is still liked. MERCERnary this was a great idea and i'm glad you did it. this small group was a great focal point and you did it while not allowing your personal bias towards mercer bleed in. i hope more people take your initiative.
---
GT is Bojack1135
The pursuit of perfection is as flawed as the concept of perfection itself...