Holy crap! <_< Just went back to play [PT1] after playing [PT2] so much...

#1TsunamiRoarPosted 5/3/2012 9:50:39 AM
80/80

After playing 2 for so long, I've acclimated to the controls...and playing with the first games controls seems so wrong. There's still things in PT1 that I prefer (like being able to attach to buildings, or slide down them), but overall, I feel like the controls in PT2 are probably a lot more solid.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#2cubegod69erPosted 5/3/2012 1:35:17 PM
I've only played P2, how do the controls for jumping and gliding work in P1?
#3HatchetHoundPosted 5/3/2012 1:49:28 PM
You held the button to charge your jump, and when you release, you jumped.

Gliding, you pressed A in the air if you were holding RT, and for air dashes you just pulled RT.
---
"Blanka, Zangeif, Chun-Li, Guile, E. Honda." That's Street Fighter. "Red, blue, green."
Those are Mass Effect 3 endings.
#4TsunamiRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 1:49:46 PM
In Prototype 1, you held the Jump Button before you jumped...When it came to jumping, it was either tiny hops or full jumps. Gliding required you to hold the Sprint button, then press and release Jump. Air Dashing was just tapping the Sprint button in the sky.
---
But Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home and bake cookies with you.
#5KajexXIVPosted 5/3/2012 6:38:21 PM
80/80 doesn't count when you use ... you gentek nerd.
#6TsunamiRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 7:58:25 PM
I can't help it...that's just how I normally talk. I actually got the 80/80 by adding the exclamation point after holy crap.
---
#7BL4CKW3LLPosted 5/3/2012 9:38:37 PM
TsunamiRoar posted...

When it came to jumping, it was either tiny hops or full jumps.

Wrong.
#8TsunamiRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 9:43:38 PM

TsunamiRoar posted...

When it came to jumping, it was either tiny hops or full jumps.

Wrong.

Yeah, I know, there were multiple levels of jump. But it often times turned into just 2 levels, because you'd have your jump fully prepped before you ever touched down, so that you could instantly jump again. Either that or you'd run the risk of under jumping, which could cause just as much, if not more, problems than over jumping.

Whereas in PT2 you have a much finer degree of control over the height of your jump.
---