RADNET incineration challenge tips?

#1PostalDudesHerePosted 5/3/2012 11:42:40 AM
I cannot get past the first incineration challenge. I've tried blocking the rockets but it's just constant rocket spam, can't kill the enemies (or at least enough of them to matter) because none of my attacks target them, and everytime I go to pick up a barrel I get hit with a rocket because the animation takes too long and every time I try the running grab he misses by a mile and runs up a wall 50 ft away from the barrel...and then gets hit with a rocket, not to mention the area is way too narrow.

so can anyone give me some good tips to beat this stupid challenge?
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#2FOXSOLIDPosted 5/3/2012 11:51:39 AM(edited)
You can chuck those barrels into the incinerator from a LONG distance away, just jump in the air...lock on to a barrel...hit the grab button so you pounce to grab it...jump back in the air and get a lock on the incinerator and chuck it, it WILL go in.

*Edit...Make it a charged throw to be safer because that is what I do.
#3PostalDudesHere(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 11:53:57 AM
I tried that right before I saw your post and got it, but thanks anyway. now the info is here for anyone who needs it.
---
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!
#4MASterBLAderPosted 5/3/2012 1:45:47 PM
The challenge is actually much easier than you think...

What I did was jump in the air, lock onto the barrel and did a Lunge grab towards it... Once you get the barrel, Jump again, lock onto the incinerator and toss it and go for another barrel. If you aimed right, you will get the message that the barrel was incinerated and you are already onto the next barrel.
---
GT: TheMASterBlader-- Fight with Honor...
#5ShamblerQPosted 5/3/2012 5:16:08 PM
Yes you can throw the barrels from a long distance into the incinerator, but you have to be close enough to the incinerator until the lock-on crosshair from it is bright red. Any further and the lock-on crosshair will be a dull red, and you will miss if you throw it.

Hope that helps!

I currently finished my trial in 49 seconds. Getting a good time like that will require mastering all of the movement controls such as pounce jumping, (Grabing in midair after a fall), targeting and a little bit a wall walking. Good luck!
#6z0rk_zer0Posted 5/4/2012 5:56:44 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
...jump back in the air and get a lock on the incinerator and chuck it, it WILL go in.

While I agree with your tactics, my experience has not shown that statement to be a certainty. Most of the time when I get a solid red "lock" the barrel goes in the incinerator, but not always. Sometimes they DO miss, so don't forget to look towards the incinerator if you think you've gotten all the barrels, but the challenge doesn't end. There could be one laying right in front of it.
#7FOXSOLIDPosted 5/4/2012 6:04:14 AM
Well it worked flawlessly for me...again, you have to be in plain sight and locked on...charged throw. Maybe here and there the game might screw you with it but that is definitely few and far between.
#8FOC_LIVEPosted 5/4/2012 6:35:07 AM
MASterBLAder posted...
The challenge is actually much easier than you think...

What I did was jump in the air, lock onto the barrel and did a Lunge grab towards it... Once you get the barrel, Jump again, lock onto the incinerator and toss it and go for another barrel. If you aimed right, you will get the message that the barrel was incinerated and you are already onto the next barrel.

Correct. I bested at :43 seconds without using the Whipfist ability. But having all your mobility mutations up helps in this challenge from ROCKET THROW, JET PROPULSION, and DOUBLE AIR DASH.

Really helps out chucking the barrels from the farther distances.
---
XBL: ZODY LIVE 321>>> Visit me at www.youtube.com/LiveClanTv