USA Sales Data

#1gtadominatePosted 5/7/2012 9:27:07 AM
I was expecting much better sales. I am unsure if there will be a prototype 3 with initial sales being so low.

1 X360 Prototype 2 166,391
2 PS3 Prototype 2 97,225

USA sales only.....vgchartz. What do you guys think?
---
"Do you know what I am saying?"
#2ShamblerQPosted 5/7/2012 10:59:30 AM
D': dang that sucks man, this is a really good game! I enjoyed it very much.
#3_Reaver_Posted 5/7/2012 11:02:01 AM
Too early. People will buy the game when it's cheaper
#4ScyntPosted 5/7/2012 9:09:24 PM
lol, and VG Chartz is always way over the correct number in their figures.
#5MERCERnaryPosted 5/8/2012 12:19:20 AM
Not surprising. There was a lot of tension about having a new main character in this game...I'm sure that caused a lot of fans from the first game to shy away from it for awhile. Granted most people are at ease now since they've actually played the game but lets face it...they didn't exactly revamp the series and do anything groundbreaking to update it. I was hoping for Co-Op or choice of who to play... But who knows, maybe they'll do that with the third and really put a spark back into the people who were timid to play this game. =)
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#6Merc123Posted 5/8/2012 1:06:15 AM
Well i do hope they make a third game, despite low sales but i dont know, i have such a blast with these games, but i guess i can at least be happy it got a sequel, in a simlar way of how in feel with Marvel Ultimate Alliance and the Star Wars Battlefront Series.

slight end spoilers ahead!

I think Co-op would rock though, if they could put Mercer back in alongside Heller in a decent way, that would be really cool, cause i don't think Mercer should be gone for good.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#7vgman94Posted 5/8/2012 1:31:22 AM
Damn economy. While people are wasting money on Mass Effect on Uncharted, wonderful games like Asura's Wrath, Prototype 2 and more are left with barely any sales. All we'll have that's half-way decent in a few years is AC and Batman games. And people buying the games when the price goes down means the revenue is less than it should be. I guess like Asura's Wrath, Prototype will die with this game...............
#8Merc123Posted 5/8/2012 2:34:43 AM
Mass Effect was a great game, people just got angry at the ending, but it was a very well done game. Cant say on uncharted though, never played them.

Asura's Wrath was an amazing game, one of my favorites, it was so epic, but i can easily see why it got low sales, mainly because it was more of a movie than a game and people don't like that as much.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#9MERCERnaryPosted 5/8/2012 11:01:43 AM
I would love them to work Mercer and Heller onto a team. Pariah was mentioned as a serious threat so what if everything that happened in P2 was nothing more than "boot camp" to make sure he'd be able to pull his own weight? XD

As I've said before...I don't HATE Heller...but if I had a choice I wouldn't play as him.
---
GameStop customer for life. Done business with their company for over 11 years.
I see no reason to end it. Haters need to find a new outlet...like themselves.
#10SuplexKirbyPosted 5/8/2012 12:34:13 PM
Stupidity, its because the main character isn't white/Alex Mercer so the mercer fanboys refuse to buy P2 and rather miss out on yet another great game.

The same thing happened with Bionic Commando 2009 another great game and the main character had dreads instead of orange hair and sunglasses and that put the idiots off for not buying the game. The company also went out of business because of the low sales. Prototype series is one of those good games out there that no one wouldn't bother to give it a chance out side of Halo, COD and BF. I honestly hope P3 happens.