I couldn't have asked for a better 20th Anniversary for Final Fantasy IV

#11drcossackPosted 12/17/2010 12:55:39 PM

Nice. FFIV is my favorite series as well. Will they include TAY as well. That is why it is meant by 'Complete Collection'. --- http://luckyorfoolish.blogspot.com/

Yes they are, and they're doing a bridge between the two games. Can't wait to see what that entails. I'm fairly sure it'll involve Ceodore in some capacity, but who knows how much/what else it'll involve.

I agree with you Dar, I can't wait. But since I can't read Japanese, I'm going to wait for an English release so that I can enjoy the story in full. Especially since there is going to be a bridging story and hopefully some more fleshing out of TAY's story. Man this news had made my 20th year on Earth sound even more awesome. --- Official Edge of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards

The inability to read Japanese won't bother me - it's not the first time I've played a game in Japanese, and it won't be the last. Granted, I won't be able to understand the dialogue, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since I know the stories of both IV & TAY. The ignorance towards the language can be a slight hamper where the battle system is concerned, but there's plenty of help with that: weapons base attack power, spell costs, and item descriptions. I also plan on referring to this frequently: http://ff4.wikidot.com/start. It helped me immensely when I imported the Japanese version of FFIV DS.
---
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)
#12madfan666Posted 12/17/2010 1:47:04 PM
It's not too bad to play a game in japanese with all the resources available online but I want to enjoy the story more especially if they have improved the story of TAY and added scenes to it. Also very helpful if Augments are involved so I don't need to look up what the kanji looks like when making decisions on Augment distribution.
---
Official Edge of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Boards
Waiting for: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection and Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy