Complete Collection FAQ - Read this before asking questions!

#41ma3oonyPosted 7/14/2011 1:24:05 AMmessage detail
ok finally i understood the load thing, i thought it was something else , it all for the crystals tale :)
#42EternalchaosPosted 9/5/2011 11:49:56 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Jak7733Posted 7/17/2012 3:56:41 AMmessage detail
Thought I'd mention that if you get Leviathan and Asura, then Bahamut is not missable. The game will rquire you have Rydia.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#44ceifadorxPosted 8/7/2012 6:26:02 PMmessage detail
Nice faq. very helpful and the detailed but you forgot to say that the final fantasy iv version has the ds cgs. i know is a minor one but..

can you make the de-equip list for final fantasy iv too? is very helpful for new player for not losing some stuff.
---
Playing: PS3: God of War Collection | PSP: Persona 2: IS; Final Fantasy 4: TCC | PC: Mass Effect 3; Diablo 3
#45jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 6:16:58 PMmessage detail
ceifadorx posted...
Nice faq. very helpful and the detailed but you forgot to say that the final fantasy iv version has the ds cgs. i know is a minor one but..

can you make the de-equip list for final fantasy iv too? is very helpful for new player for not losing some stuff.

It's less pertinent in FF4 due to the fact that you have limited inventory space, but here goes. If it says "but you can get their equipment back eventually anyway", then it applies ONLY to the GBA and PSP versions.

KAIN: De-equip him before entering Mist.

TELLAH: De-equip him before or around the time of entering Damcyan.

ROSA: De-equip her before or around the time of entering Fabul.

RYDIA, YANG: De-equip them before getting on the ship at Fabul.

EDWARD: De-equip him before getting on the ship at Fabul but you'll be able to get his equipment back eventually anyway.

PALOM & POROM: De-equip them after fighting Baigan in Baron castle but you'll be able to get their equipment back eventually anyway. If you do de-equip them, you'll have to fight a boss without their equipment (eh, they're mages, equipment's less important for them).

TELLAH: De-equip him after fighting the Magus sisters.

CID: De-equip him before talking to King Giott in the Dwarf Kingdom but you'll be able to get his equipment back eventually anyway.

YANG: De-equip him before entering the control room in the Tower of Babil, after fighting Lugae if I'm not mistaken (this is from memory) but you'll be able to get his equipment back eventually anyway. If you de-equip him, you'll have to fight an (easy) battle without his equipment, no big deal, and Yang fights pretty well barehanded.

KAIN: De-equip him just before you leave the Sealed Cave with Crystal in hand.

FUSOYA: De-equip him just before you fight the CPU in the Giant of Babil. You'll have to fight the battle without his equipment (again, he's a mage, so no tragedy), but if you want to keep his stuff, you'll have to de-equip him; you don't get his stuff back.

I'm pretty sure that's it. All characters that leave and come back before the party switch mechanic becomes available will come back with different stuff, so if you want to keep, say, Kain's equipment, you'll have to de-equip him both times he leaves. (Mind, he comes back with better stuff, and no one else can use his spears in FF4...) Everyone who normally doesn't come back? After the party switch mechanic becomes available, you'll find that they're still equipped with whatever they had before (especially important for Cid, since the Gaia Hammer isn't quite useless when he comes back, and only he can use it. Edward's in the same boat with Harps, but... all the early-game Harps suck in the late game, so you'll really want to get Apollo's Harp ASAP if you want to use Edward.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#46jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2012 12:03:32 AMmessage detail
Oh, yes, there is one I forgot.

CECIL: On Mount Ordeals, after the boss (who has two phases!), there's a shrine. De-equip Cecil - yes, the main character - before entering. You can't equip his equipment after this point (nope, not even on Cecil himself) but you can sell it for cash.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#47espritduoPosted 11/23/2012 1:51:56 PMmessage detail
While this thread is on the topic of items, it should be noted that the Complete version increased the storage capacity of the Fat Chocobo to 300 items. That means you can now finally store every single item in the game that can be stored AND hold all key items and non-storable items in your own inventory, with room to spare for a couple dozen batches of 99's. Huzzah!
---
Like FFVI? Read mah prequel, The Sands of Time! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6209029/1/Final_Fantasy_VI_The_Sands_of_Time
#48NenjiiPosted 7/21/2014 8:05:21 PMmessage detail
I'm on the PSP version. I played through all the tales and am about on the moon. I never imported any data for anyone because I was kind of messing around all the tales and didn't have any completed ones.

But I did all the the challenge dungeons and got every single item in them all. (all the adamantites as well).

And at the end of every tale and after I completed each challenge dungeon 100%, I unequip everyone and then save.

Does this mean I will be able to get all my hard earned items when I do the final one? Or did I somehow mess myself up?
---
My top 5 favorite games: 1) Tactics Ogre 2) Vandal Hearts 3) FF12 IZJS 4) Shadowrun Sega Genesis 5) Revelations Persona
#49NenjiiPosted 7/22/2014 8:04:25 AMmessage detail
Nevermind I am fine. I restarted the Planet Eater and imported everything. The game is a little misleading. Thought I could only import 1 person in the final chapter, which is what I done the 1st time.

Then restarted and learned on my own you can import all at once. Silly.
---
My top 5 favorite games: 1) Tactics Ogre 2) Vandal Hearts 3) FF12 IZJS 4) Shadowrun Sega Genesis 5) Revelations Persona