Final Fantasy V PSP?

#11Dark_EinherjarPosted 2/14/2012 11:49:58 AM
EVA_ZERO posted...
Dark_Einherjar posted...

Haha, I DARE SE to ever manage to fix all of FFVI's bugs. XD

Which bugs remained in the GBA version?

Quite a few. For example:

-The Vanish/Doom bug wasn't ENTIRELY removed (you can no longer bypass instant death immunity with it, but you can still, for example, cast Raise/Arise on a living, invisible character);

-General Kutan/Moghan bug;

-Rippler Bug;

-Psycho Cyan bug can still be done, but in a different way;

-Empty Party bug;

And a lot of other bugs. Most of FFVI's bugs were only partially fixed at best, while some weren't fixed at all.
Oh, and the Advance version also has a few extra bugs of its own, such as the Level Reset bug and the Kaiser Dragon bug.
---
Warrior of Light: "the Light will always be with us!"
Garland: "Ooh, we'll see about that!" *turns off and breaks the light switch*
#12EVA_ZEROPosted 2/14/2012 12:00:44 PM
I've heard of most of those, but I'm interested in the others as well :D FF VI is one of my favorite games, and the bugs kinda gave it a special kind of charm for me. I would appreciate it if you could explain a little (yes, I know we're way off topic here xD)

-The Vanish/Doom bug wasn't ENTIRELY removed (you can no longer bypass instant death immunity with it, but you can still, for example, cast Raise/Arise on a living, invisible character)

What effect does it have if you cast Raise/Arise on a living character o_O

-Empty Party bug

NEVER heard of this one. How do you do it?

Oh, and the Advance version also has a few extra bugs of its own, such as the Level Reset bug and the Kaiser Dragon bug.

The level reset thing is awesome :D but what bug is there with the Kaiser Dragon?
---
Kain Highwind of the Dissidia Duodecim board
#13Dark_EinherjarPosted 2/14/2012 12:20:47 PM
EVA_ZERO posted...
I've heard of most of those, but I'm interested in the others as well :D FF VI is one of my favorite games, and the bugs kinda gave it a special kind of charm for me. I would appreciate it if you could explain a little (yes, I know we're way off topic here xD)
-The Vanish/Doom bug wasn't ENTIRELY removed (you can no longer bypass instant death immunity with it, but you can still, for example, cast Raise/Arise on a living, invisible character)
What effect does it have if you cast Raise/Arise on a living character o_O

Their HP is restored by the amount of HP it would be restored if they were dead. :P

-Empty Party bug
NEVER heard of this one. How do you do it?

You have to really go out of your way for this one: after Terra flies off to Zozo, make a party with only Gau and recruit Shadow in Kohlingen. Now go to the Veldt and make Gau Leap, then return to Narshe with only Shadow. He will leave the party at this point, leaving you locked in place permanently because you're out of party members.

The level reset thing is awesome :D but what bug is there with the Kaiser Dragon?

You can run right through him by opening and closing the menu as you run, enabling you to get the Diabolos Magicite without fighting him.

For further info on bugs, take a look here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Bugs_and_Glitches
---
#14bufumanPosted 2/14/2012 5:12:49 PM
Link_Destined_1 posted...
I'd rather they gave VI that treatment. Then again, IIRC 4 is the most popular Final Fantasy in Japan.

That and VI is also supposed to be rather unpopular in Japan. Apparently they viewed it as a step down from V because it didn't have glorious master job system.
---
My associates are obviously grinning out of madness and perversion. It may be best for you to keep moving. ~Dominic Deegan
#15proadamPosted 2/16/2012 3:42:41 PM
The only reason I bought this IV collection is because it also includes the Interlude AND TAY. If they released an even more improved upon version of Final Fantasy VI Advance (fix the soundtrack issues etc) for the psp I would buy it, simply because it's my favorite game of all time. However, I would not buy 5 for the psp, as I would just stick with the Anthology version I have. Like I said, I would have just stuck with the Chronicles version of IV, had this COMPLETE collection not contained the excellent content value. Regardless, I'm sure the huge FFV nuts would love to see a remake, just like anyone else would love to see their favorite FF remade.

proadam
---
Dev's: Square Co./Square Enix, BioWare, Valve
Playing: DotA/DotA 2 beta, FF13-2, FF6, FF10, Dragon Age: Origins
#16AlltraPosted 2/16/2012 4:14:55 PM
I liked the Vanish "Bug".

I always thought that was the way it was supposed to be. Vanish made you impervious to Physical Attacks, but super weak to magic.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours.
#17Splatterhouse5Posted 2/16/2012 8:37:38 PM
If there is a new version of FF5, I'd be happy if it just got rid of those hideous character portraits from the GBA version.
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#18EVA_ZEROPosted 2/16/2012 8:48:32 PM
Splatterhouse5 posted...
If there is a new version of FF5, I'd be happy if it just got rid of those hideous character portraits from the GBA version.

OH DEAR GOD PLEASE DON'T REMIND ME OF THOSE AGAIN.
---
Kain Highwind of the Dissidia Duodecim board
#19Bluzziku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2012 6:04:12 AM
Oh not those.... (shudders)
#20Dark_EinherjarPosted 2/17/2012 6:36:39 AM
Alltra posted...
I liked the Vanish "Bug".

I always thought that was the way it was supposed to be. Vanish made you impervious to Physical Attacks, but super weak to magic.

Super weak against magic =/= overriding status immunities. :(
Ultimately, the bug allowed you to kill everything in the game (post Magitek Research Facility) with no effort; it was definitely NOT supposed to be that way. FFVI is already easy enough without such a game-breaking bug.
---