prefered version *some spoilers*

#11manmousePosted 10/4/2012 4:49:15 PM
SNES all day
#12BDSMKanePosted 10/4/2012 5:50:57 PM
I'm honestly getting damn tired of FF remakes. However, if they are going to remake the classics, the way they did FFIV:CC is the way they need to do them all. It is a perfect remake to me; nothing extreme changed from the original, graphics upgraded but style remains the same, and bonus features that just compliment the original game. This is the only remake I have played that I would actually recommend INSTEAD of the original.

That being said, the original is still a great game and playing both is better than just playing one. I just think this is the perfect remake for a classic FF title, and I hope any other remakes they plan on doing follow this game's example. Also, I'm not including the sequel or interlude, just the basic game.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#13Rodni_DementalPosted 10/5/2012 1:33:31 AM
Elemaster55 posted...
The PSP version is on the flipside my favorite. Beautiful sprite renditions, most if not all of the good stuff from the Advance version, and another game and a half? Sign me up!

Lord ZhouYu posted...
This is by far my favored version. Sure having Cecil and Rosa dualcast for Ultima is extremely awesome, but the GBA had a -lot- more extras overall that this inherited.

What was ommitted in the PSP version of FFIV that the GBA version added? As far as FFI and II goes the PSP version included everything the GBA versions added plus more. I didn't think there'd be less in this version?
---
My music: myspace.com/jeromebartlesmusic
#14creamyicecreamPosted 10/5/2012 2:46:01 AM
What was ommitted in the PSP version of FFIV that the GBA version added? As far as FFI and II goes the PSP version included everything the GBA versions added plus more. I didn't think there'd be less in this version?

"That", not "than".
---
It is, as some admiral once said, a trap.
3DS: 0903-3938-1242
#15kratos9797Posted 10/5/2012 8:15:35 AM
Rodni_Demental posted...
Elemaster55 posted...
The PSP version is on the flipside my favorite. Beautiful sprite renditions, most if not all of the good stuff from the Advance version, and another game and a half? Sign me up!

Lord ZhouYu posted...
This is by far my favored version. Sure having Cecil and Rosa dualcast for Ultima is extremely awesome, but the GBA had a -lot- more extras overall that this inherited.

I believe the bold was a reference to the DS version not PSP since neither the PSP nor GBA version had Ultima(and I believe Zhou meant TWINCAST not DUALCAST).
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#16LinkTheLeftyPosted 10/9/2012 9:21:28 PM
Well for me, it's...

Original: SNES/PSX > DS > GBA (1.1) > PSP > GBA (1.0)
The After Years: WiiWare > PSP
Interlude: lol

I mean... Don't get me wrong, the PSP version is pretty close to the GBA one - I just really don't like that aesthetic style. The first GBA version is easily worse due to the glitches, however. The DS version is nice as an alternate take on the game and contains what is arguably the finest translation, but for me the best is still the original release. I also don't really care for the extra content in the GBA and PSP versions. The DS version at least integrates it with the main game, so it gives the experience a fresh take and adds a sense of strategy - although the difficulty is imbalanced and so it suffers for it.
---
"A gas leak after AoL makes the people of Hyrule lose their minds. The CD-i games take place after this event." ~ BrentD1992
#17Azal85413Posted 10/10/2012 7:39:47 PM
LinkTheLefty posted...
Well for me, it's...

I mean... Don't get me wrong, the PSP version is pretty close to the GBA one - I just really don't like that aesthetic style. The first GBA version is easily worse due to the glitches, however. The DS version is nice as an alternate take on the game and contains what is arguably the finest translation, but for me the best is still the original release. I also don't really care for the extra content in the GBA and PSP versions. The DS version at least integrates it with the main game, so it gives the experience a fresh take and adds a sense of strategy - although the difficulty is imbalanced and so it suffers for it.

May I ask why you chose yhe wiiware over PSP in terms of TaY? Jist curious is all
#18LinkTheLeftyPosted 10/11/2012 5:11:53 AM
Azal85413 posted...
LinkTheLefty posted...
Well for me, it's...

May I ask why you chose yhe wiiware over PSP in terms of TaY? Jist curious is all

Same reason as I gave for the first game - I just don't like the aesthetic style.
---
"A gas leak after AoL makes the people of Hyrule lose their minds. The CD-i games take place after this event." ~ BrentD1992