Fighting Eidolons TAY Spoilers

#1Alastor-10Posted 9/17/2012 8:43:40 PM
Can you kill all of em or just certain ones?

Would it have any effect on the story at all?
#2SkedarHunterPosted 9/18/2012 12:42:09 AM
Ifrit, I think, can't be killed off story-wise; you just beat him down like any normal boss and he'll rejoin you. Titan is another such "freebie", at least in the fight itself: you can't actually defeat him until after saving/killing Ramuh and rescuing Porom, as he'll just keep Gaia's Wrathing you out of the fight unless Porom is there to cast Float.

Shiva and Ramuh both can be killed by mistake. Once they've been knocked down to a certain level of health(in Shiva's case it has to be done with a fire spell; I recommend simply casting Firaga with Rydia or Golbez and having everyone else defend/heal), stop attacking and wait for them to regain their senses. If you hit them again after the cue from your characters, they'll keep attacking until they or you die. The Sylphs can also be killed off, but all you have to do to avoid that is not speak to them(and if you engage one by mistake, you can just flee).

Later on, Asura and Leviathan will either be saved or killed depending solely on whether or not Rydia is in your party when you face them. And if you fail to save one or both of them, you'll end up forced to kill Bahamut when you face him.(And you must face Bahamut with Rydia in the party no matter what; if you don't, he'll immediately wipe you out with Megaflare.)

The only real effect any of this has on the story is dialogue differences; there's no real "bad ending" or anything such for failing to save them.
---
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
#3gamingratPosted 9/18/2012 3:25:30 AM
What he said, but if you are doing the bestiary entries then you will need to actually kill Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut. For Bahamut all you need to do is kill either Asura or Leviathan while Rydia is not in the party to kill them off.
#4VeghEstherPosted 9/18/2012 3:53:43 PM
If you don't want Rydia to have any summon usable go ahead and kill every one but its best not do or at least make Bahamut summonable and kill all the others (save for Leviathan and Ashura as well.)

As in Bahamut is the only summon worth actually summoning so its OK to beat most of the other summons so that she can't summon them at all.
#5evillockePosted 9/19/2012 7:44:14 AM
VeghEsther posted...
If you don't want Rydia to have any summon usable go ahead and kill every one but its best not do or at least make Bahamut summonable and kill all the others (save for Leviathan and Ashura as well.)

As in Bahamut is the only summon worth actually summoning so its OK to beat most of the other summons so that she can't summon them at all.

Leviathan is good, veghy-boy.
---
Not changing this until ff6 gets a 3ds remake. 6/19/2012.
I absolutley hate charizard. Offical Breloom of the bw2 boards.
#6VeghEstherPosted 9/19/2012 8:07:11 AM
Well even in the FF4 half I had Leviathan still do less damage then Bahamut I had Bahamut always do 9999 and Leviathan only delt about half that much which in TAY didn't really change at all.

Which is why it TAY its ok to only get Bahamut Leviathan and Ashura as summons and only use Bahamut.
#7TakarifreakPosted 9/19/2012 8:47:25 AM
Bahamut comes too late in the game to really be of much use. Leviathan, while not as powerful, does give you decent opportunity to use. The 9999 damage isn't too facinating anymore if you've got the right party that can do that as well...and faster.

It doesn't take much extra effort to NOT kill the perishable summons anyhow. Do you WANT Rydia to be sad? They are her friends, not "mere pawns of power". Now just where have I heard that quote before?
#8VeghEstherPosted 9/19/2012 5:51:19 PM
Well even at level 55 I had very few PC's /Bands deal 9999 to all so I had to use Bahamut.

Besides my main TAY party is the 5 FF4 PC's of Rydia Rosa Kain Edge and Cecil.