Best way to tackle this?

#1Jamirus2Posted 9/26/2012 10:18:12 AM
I'm playing FFIV first, thinking about the levels of my characters when they rejoin. I just hit paladin with Cecil, and have leveled him up to 25. Should I get him higher on Mt. Ordeals, or is there a better spot to level him later? I don't want to spend an eternity leveling up ALL of the characters so that the extra dungeons are easier. I want to have them rejoin my team at good levels.

Suggestions?
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#2shadestreetPosted 9/26/2012 10:33:12 AM
To be honest, that game is not that challenging, so you don't need to worry about powerleveling Cecil on Mt Ordeals.

Note that characters will always join at a pre-set level the first time they enter your party, at the point you are in the game I think there are only 3 characters yet to join for the first time, the characters that leave and later come back the ones who scale with you.

Anyway, I would just continue with the game. If you are going to power level, best to do it later in the game when you have a chance of getting rare drops in the process.
#3Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 10:48:49 AM
That's a very good point. I'll just continue on. Thanks!
---
#4gamingratPosted 9/26/2012 3:04:26 PM
My suggestion would be to do the level trick in the Tower of Zot. Leave it in auto battle for a few hours while you go do something else and you can easily hit the mid 50s. Leave it on all night and you can hit 99! As for characters rejoining at his level, only one person doesn't join near cecil's level, and he starts at 25. The tower of zot is the best place (and final place imo) to power level because tellah, cid, and yang are about leave the team and when you get two of them back they will be near cecil's level. So b4 you finish the tower of zot is the best time to power level.
#5VeghEstherPosted 9/27/2012 8:36:34 AM(edited)
However to 1 shot those evil dolls easily starting the tower of Zot WITH Cecil at level 45+ does help.

As for Yang I'd rather have him still rejoin at level 45 to make those parts of the game still easier.
#6Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 8:27:13 AM
I just got to the tower of Zot, Cecil is level ~26, and I'm currently in an auto battle against the marionette and Marionetteer. Everyone's dead but cecil, and he is killing the dolls in 1 hit easy. How long should I have him go at it? What's a good level to aim for? I don't think I necessarily want 99, but I want to get through the extra dungeon fairly easily.
---
#7VeghEstherPosted 9/28/2012 8:56:42 AM
At level 26 kill those dolls for about 3 to 4 hours and he SHOULD be at level 45 to 50 which is good enough.

Luckly after Edge first joins at level 25 the same summoned dolls CAN still be fought to solo level him up.
#8Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 9:34:38 AM
VeghEsther posted...
At level 26 kill those dolls for about 3 to 4 hours and he SHOULD be at level 45 to 50 which is good enough.

Luckly after Edge first joins at level 25 the same summoned dolls CAN still be fought to solo level him up.

Sounds good to me! Cecil is a killing machine!

I've beaten this game probably 4 times, so the main game is nothing new to me. I'm a lot more interested in the post game, Interlude and After Years.
---
#9kratos9797Posted 9/28/2012 10:11:55 AM
Jamirus2 posted...
VeghEsther posted...

I've beaten this game probably 4 times, so the main game is nothing new to me. I'm a lot more interested in the post game, Interlude and After Years.

FYI: There is one extra in the main game that isn't post game. It's a new dungeon that becomes available after beating the Giant of Babil. It contains new equipment for Yang, Edward, Cid and the twins(you have to fight a boss for each of the weapons though, 5 total) and you should definitely complete it before bringing any of those 5 characters to the moons core.
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#10Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 10:16:34 AM
kratos9797 posted...
Jamirus2 posted...
VeghEsther posted...

FYI: There is one extra in the main game that isn't post game. It's a new dungeon that becomes available after beating the Giant of Babil. It contains new equipment for Yang, Edward, Cid and the twins(you have to fight a boss for each of the weapons though, 5 total) and you should definitely complete it before bringing any of those 5 characters to the moons core.

Awesome! I'll check that out! I can't wait. I love that you can change out characters in this version.
---