Does the psn version works on ps3?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  3. Does the psn version works on ps3?
2 years ago#1
I don't have a psp or vita, say can i play it on ps3 if i download the digital version from psn?
2 years ago#2
Nope.. PSP/Vita only
---
neo-retro gamer
2 years ago#3
It wouldn't play on the PS3, you would have to copy it to a psp or vita for it to work. Sorry. However, there is a PS1 version of Final Fantasy IV available in the Playstation Classics section, it's the PS1 version of IV and Chrono Cross as one game.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/moxillaq/143295be.jpg
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif
2 years ago#4
However FF chronicles and anothology (FF5 + FF6) PS1 both games (all 4) suffer from long menu loading times.

So long that the game is practically unplayable.
(edited by VeghEsther)
2 years ago#5
I don't know about V and VI, but IV for the PS1 worked like a charm for me back in the day. No prolonged loading times at all, and the sound is awesome.
2 years ago#6
I don't know about V and VI, but IV for the PS1 worked like a charm for me back in the day. No prolonged loading times at all, and the sound is awesome.

It did? I frequently got...I believe it was "Disc Read Error", but I don't remember, since it's been so long. Made playing it quite difficult, and I don't know if it was ever fixed in later shipments (I got my copy with the first shipment)

V & VI worked fine, however, as did I & II (though II was VERY difficult on Origins; I find the GBA version to be much more playable)
---
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)
2 years ago#7
drcossack posted...

It did? I frequently got...I believe it was "Disc Read Error", but I don't remember, since it's been so long. Made playing it quite difficult, and I don't know if it was ever fixed in later shipments (I got my copy with the first shipment)

V & VI worked fine, however, as did I & II (though II was VERY difficult on Origins; I find the GBA version to be much more playable)

It's the Anthology and Chrono Trigger discs that are slow. I just beat 6 on anthology and I'm playing 4 now on Chronicles. The load times are much quicker on this than on 6, so I'd get it if anyone wanted to pick it up or download it.

Edit- The only thing that seems slower is the save game that takes a bit to load. Other than that, everything else has little to no loading time on it.
---
I'M GETTING SLEEPY!! ..................... I FEEL ASLEEP!!
(edited by Tbar67)
2 years ago#8
As far as final fantasy IV being available to download as a ps1 classic I am pretty sure its only available in Japan. The game came released with Chrono Trigger in 2001 and I noticed you said chrono cross, I looked up chrono cross and saw no mention of final fantasy IV coming with it in the download for $9.99. I was hoping you would be right because I wanted to get the original Final Fantasy IV on my psp as you can port ps1 classics from the ps3 to the psp. But I don't see it anywhere in the ps1 classics section, if you have indeed purchased Chrono Cross from the playstation network and saw that Final fantasy IV came with it I would appreciate it if this can be confirmed as I will purchase it as well. If you are referring to something else then I apologize. And adding to the load times I too saw no problem with ff4 but noticed slower speeds with 5 and 6 on the playstation. And chrono trigger was stupid slow i recommend getting that for the DS if you have one much faster.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
  3. Does the psn version works on ps3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived