Does the psn version works on ps3?

#1EopyuPosted 3/6/2013 3:45:25 PM
I don't have a psp or vita, say can i play it on ps3 if i download the digital version from psn?
#2LukasingPosted 3/6/2013 3:55:36 PM
Nope.. PSP/Vita only
---
neo-retro gamer
#3negi_magicianPosted 3/7/2013 12:08:54 AM
It wouldn't play on the PS3, you would have to copy it to a psp or vita for it to work. Sorry. However, there is a PS1 version of Final Fantasy IV available in the Playstation Classics section, it's the PS1 version of IV and Chrono Cross as one game.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/moxillaq/143295be.jpg
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif
#4VeghEstherPosted 3/9/2013 3:53:23 PM(edited)
However FF chronicles and anothology (FF5 + FF6) PS1 both games (all 4) suffer from long menu loading times.

So long that the game is practically unplayable.
#5EVA_ZEROPosted 3/10/2013 6:29:37 PM
I don't know about V and VI, but IV for the PS1 worked like a charm for me back in the day. No prolonged loading times at all, and the sound is awesome.
#6drcossackPosted 3/11/2013 1:16:09 PM
I don't know about V and VI, but IV for the PS1 worked like a charm for me back in the day. No prolonged loading times at all, and the sound is awesome.

It did? I frequently got...I believe it was "Disc Read Error", but I don't remember, since it's been so long. Made playing it quite difficult, and I don't know if it was ever fixed in later shipments (I got my copy with the first shipment)

V & VI worked fine, however, as did I & II (though II was VERY difficult on Origins; I find the GBA version to be much more playable)
---
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)
#7Tbar67Posted 3/22/2013 2:02:08 AM(edited)
drcossack posted...

It did? I frequently got...I believe it was "Disc Read Error", but I don't remember, since it's been so long. Made playing it quite difficult, and I don't know if it was ever fixed in later shipments (I got my copy with the first shipment)

V & VI worked fine, however, as did I & II (though II was VERY difficult on Origins; I find the GBA version to be much more playable)

It's the Anthology and Chrono Trigger discs that are slow. I just beat 6 on anthology and I'm playing 4 now on Chronicles. The load times are much quicker on this than on 6, so I'd get it if anyone wanted to pick it up or download it.

Edit- The only thing that seems slower is the save game that takes a bit to load. Other than that, everything else has little to no loading time on it.
---
I'M GETTING SLEEPY!! ..................... I FEEL ASLEEP!!
#8BaradueliPosted 3/24/2013 10:22:22 PM
As far as final fantasy IV being available to download as a ps1 classic I am pretty sure its only available in Japan. The game came released with Chrono Trigger in 2001 and I noticed you said chrono cross, I looked up chrono cross and saw no mention of final fantasy IV coming with it in the download for $9.99. I was hoping you would be right because I wanted to get the original Final Fantasy IV on my psp as you can port ps1 classics from the ps3 to the psp. But I don't see it anywhere in the ps1 classics section, if you have indeed purchased Chrono Cross from the playstation network and saw that Final fantasy IV came with it I would appreciate it if this can be confirmed as I will purchase it as well. If you are referring to something else then I apologize. And adding to the load times I too saw no problem with ff4 but noticed slower speeds with 5 and 6 on the playstation. And chrono trigger was stupid slow i recommend getting that for the DS if you have one much faster.