Why is the rating average for the game 8.4?

#1rocker12345678Posted 9/11/2011 8:27:55 AM
Its a really good game, what your inputs on it?
#2Crimson__HeadPosted 9/11/2011 8:44:39 AM
ignore that ratings system. It means nothing. people vote on games hey haven't played.
---
http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/4/4b/V-ACT_Crimson_Head.jpg
#3Number090684Posted 9/11/2011 1:32:48 PM
8.4 is a pretty good score TC. This game is nowhere near perfect, get over it.
---
US PSN: Number090684
Wii No. 7949-4764-9788-5707
#4JusticeSOPosted 9/11/2011 1:35:17 PM
If 8.4 is no longer "good", then I will stop gaming entirely.
---
D.O.S.I.M. - Dobu De Oborete Shinde Ikikaete Mata Shine
#5DullahanEXPosted 9/11/2011 2:19:09 PM
^It already longer is. =/
---
Currently Playing: Nothing!
#6balmung59Posted 9/11/2011 2:19:09 PM

Problems with the game are the different opinions for now. Some are claiming that it's the best tales of in the entire serie, some are just disliking it very badly. Too short, too easy, linear, i don't really think those points are any good to any rpg out there.

Then again, i'm getting my copy today (or so i hope), and i'll clarify it on my own. In case it's too bad, i'll just sell it and get something else and get over it. I've rarely been disappointed by a tales game and to be honest, if it happens, that is going to be the first time. o_o

#7paniktPosted 9/11/2011 6:51:37 PM
I just got this game today.

So far it a good game, but still not as good as Xenoblade. Seeing that Xenoblade got 9.1, 8.4 is just about right .
#8GodlessChaosPosted 9/11/2011 7:31:37 PM
balmung59 posted...
Problems with the game are the different opinions for now. Some are claiming that it's the best tales of in the entire serie, some are just disliking it very badly. Too short, too easy, linear, i don't really think those points are any good to any rpg out there.Then again, i'm getting my copy today (or so i hope), and i'll clarify it on my own. In case it's too bad, i'll just sell it and get something else and get over it. I've rarely been disappointed by a tales game and to be honest, if it happens, that is going to be the first time. o_o

Then you have nothing to worry about. :)
---
PSN:GodlessChaos GT:GodlessEdge/GodlessXLyte
Official Queen(Sexy glasses girl) of the Type-0 board
#9paniktPosted 9/11/2011 7:49:20 PM
Yeah. If ToS2 didn't disappoint you, you'll definitely have nothing to worry about.
#10Hannibal_WeskerPosted 9/11/2011 8:27:11 PM
The way a 10 point rating system is SUPPOSED to work is like this:

1-unplayable
2-slightly less unplayable
3-you'll have severe buyers remorse, but you MIGHT enjoy it
4-OK, if you won't mind bad games
5-average
6-decent
7-good
8-very good
9-fsking awesome
10-so good, god might have had a hand in making it

So 8.4 would fall between "very good" and "fsking awesome", effective making the game in question "awesome". At least in a technical sense (yes, I'm being a wise ass by saying "technical sense")

However, games like FFXIII are rated 8 or higher almost universally, then half a million morons proceed to tell you how unplayable it is...

What does this mean? It means that games are rated higher than they should be, and that at least half a million morons want every game to be perfect in some pretentions way that they themselves don't fully understand.

FFXIII is (in reality) anywhere from a 6 to an 8. Depenting entirely on what aspects you like best in a game. And is in no way bad, unplayable, the death of FF, ect (since a lot of people like it and it sold a whole lot and such)

So Tales of Xillia may or may not be an 8.5, but chances are a lot of people will over rate it, and alot more will nitpick because it's not as good as the reviews say. While in reality, it sits somewhere in between, and relies more in what individuals like, rather than the masses.

And besides all that: The games that get "perfect" scores are generally crappy shooters and WRPGs. And those two genres are all cooky cutter garbage that all play exactly alike, and pander specifically to young consumers (also called morons with more money than sense).

So who cares if a JRPG gets a lower than perfect score? That just means that your little brother will hate it. It shouldn't make any differance to you.

So relax, dudes. If you like the damn game, then that's all that matters.