Milla shortcut spells

#1ZitakuPosted 9/13/2011 5:18:42 PM
I'm getting a bit of trouble trying to cast the shortcut spells with the right analog shortcut when using Milla...
They all turn into no cast time artes (No idea what they are called in English).
ex. Fireball becomes Flare bomb, is it possible to cast fireball instead of Flare bomb using right analog stick?
#2Amami_ShuuPosted 9/13/2011 5:30:18 PM
Press and hold down X button, then trigger the shortcut. That seems to be the only way i can figure out.
#3VaanSkyLord30Posted 9/13/2011 5:50:18 PM
Just press and the x button as you push the right stick. I've never had a problem with this.
---
"Larsa please, this is serious"
PSN: VaanSkyLord
#4HakumenKisaragiPosted 9/13/2011 9:40:37 PM
VaanSkyLord30 posted...
Just press and the x button as you push the right stick. I've never had a problem with this.

I strongly believe that you're talking about the 'normal' way of executing spells. That is:
Arte's direction on the LEFT analog stick + hold X.

Zitaku is referring to the shortcuts where you may also set up 'commands' for your allies. For example, setting Jude's Chiyukou on the Up direction of the LEFT analog stick and pressing it when in battle will make him use it near the character with the lowest HP.

And sadly, I guess Milla's spells don't work when set on the shortcuts. I can't execute her true spells using the shortcuts. Only the Magi(Flare Bomb, Wind Blade, Aqua Protection, Grave, etc.) counterpart works.

In any case I need someone else to back me up on this claim. It's also possible that only I and Zitaku can't use Magic on shortcut, for some currently unknown reason...
#5HakumenKisaragiPosted 9/13/2011 10:30:08 PM
HakumenKisaragi posted...
VaanSkyLord30 posted...

I strongly believe that you're talking about the 'normal' way of executing spells. That is:
Arte's direction on the LEFT analog stick + hold X.

Zitaku is referring to the shortcuts where you may also set up 'commands' for your allies. For example, setting Jude's Chiyukou on the Up direction of the LEFT analog stick and pressing it when in battle will make him use it near the character with the lowest HP.

And sadly, I guess Milla's spells don't work when set on the shortcuts. I can't execute her true spells using the shortcuts. Only the Magi(Flare Bomb, Wind Blade, Aqua Protection, Grave, etc.) counterpart works.

In any case I need someone else to back me up on this claim. It's also possible that only I and Zitaku can't use Magic on shortcut, for some currently unknown reason...

I meant "...Jude's Chiyukou on the Up direction of the RIGHT analog stick and..."
#6Kratos1173Posted 9/13/2011 10:33:29 PM
If you hold X and use the corresponding shortcut at the same moment it WILL work, but it's really not worth it, and it's easier just to use the artes ball if you want to cast actual spells.
---
The official Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kratos1173
#7HakumenKisaragiPosted 9/13/2011 10:37:50 PM
Ok. Thanks for the confirmation Mr. Aurion.