What is the latest news on a US release?

#41KrichulPosted 4/18/2012 3:21:31 AM

I read somewhere that namco just patented the tales of xillia name in the US so best we can do now is hope and pray.

They trademarked Xillia, almost a month ago, which is more or less a reservation to prevent people releasing something under the name in other territories. It doesn't mean, "this game is being localized".
---
http://alst.doorblog.jp
#42zinsindettaPosted 4/18/2012 12:54:38 PM
Krichul posted...

You said Ni no Kuni was for kids, which it isn't, as the difficulty is high and Studio Ghibli has a broader audience. Now you're saying you don't want to play as a kid, despite the majority of Tales characters still being kids (unless you think teenagers aren't kids, in which case, you probably are one).

I'm just going to sum it up to you being completely clueless.

Really? Last 3 Tales games I have played. Asbel? Not a kid after a few hours. Yuri? Never a kid. Luke? Not a kid... I am sorry, who was clueless? Go define kid and stop pushing your crappy game on people who don't want it.

And I have seen many trailers. The fighting looked boring and a chore. Story could not be less interesting to me. Everything I have seen makes me disinterested. How classless would I be to find a game you do not like and then go with the "Der der clueless teenager derp" post. Really mature. Your setting yourself up for failure because a lot of people are not going to buy that game just like when it was released in Japan so stop bothering me with your nonsense. I need no reason to not like a game.

Oh coming to a Tales board only to still get attacked by Nu no Kuni drones. It is a low.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#43SilvorzyaPosted 4/18/2012 1:00:50 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Krichul posted...

You said Ni no Kuni was for kids, which it isn't, as the difficulty is high and Studio Ghibli has a broader audience. Now you're saying you don't want to play as a kid, despite the majority of Tales characters still being kids (unless you think teenagers aren't kids, in which case, you probably are one).

I'm just going to sum it up to you being completely clueless.

And I have seen many trailers. The fighting looked boring and a chore. Story could not be less interesting to me. Everything I have seen makes me disinterested. How classless would I be to find a game you do not like and then go with the "Der der clueless teenager derp" post. Really mature. Your setting yourself up for failure because a lot of people are not going to buy that game just like when it was released in Japan so stop bothering me with your nonsense. I need no reason to not like a game.

Oh coming to a Tales board only to still get attacked by Nu no Kuni drones. It is a low.

Wait...you went from pooing on that you didn't like a child protagonist, and finding it light, then you go into gameplay aspects. Your points, are scattered, not thought out, and poorly put together.

Your foolishly claiming you need no reason, when your trying to scrap at the bottom for reasons to sip your haterade at the game.

Dear god stop trying to hard, and stop now. :/
#44zinsindettaPosted 4/18/2012 1:59:37 PM
Silvorzya posted...

Wait...you went from pooing on that you didn't like a child protagonist, and finding it light, then you go into gameplay aspects. Your points, are scattered, not thought out, and poorly put together.

Your foolishly claiming you need no reason, when your trying to scrap at the bottom for reasons to sip your haterade at the game.

Dear god stop trying to hard, and stop now. :/

All game breaking choices that factor into me not wanting the game. Not that I even need to bring a point for a game 95 percent of PS3 owners won't buy.

Your foolishly caring what I play, dear god jump off a cliff, and do it now.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#45KrichulPosted 4/18/2012 2:32:45 PM
Oh boy, fun times with gamefaqs posters.

Really? Last 3 Tales games I have played. Asbel? Not a kid after a few hours. Yuri? Never a kid. Luke? Not a kid... I am sorry, who was clueless? Go define kid and stop pushing your crappy game on people who don't want it.

Literally anyone under the age of 21 to a young adult (21~35), adult (35~65), and especially senior (65+) is considered a kid. Asbel and Luke are kids. Yuri is not. It's funny how you seem to believe this is somehow relevant with Japan's self-aware phobia of aging and their attraction to youth, and their perception of age (30+ being "ossan" or middle-aged despite still being relatively young).

From: zinsindetta | #042And I have seen many trailers. The fighting looked boring and a chore. Story could not be less interesting to me. Everything I have seen makes me disinterested. How classless would I be to find a game you do not like and then go with the "Der der clueless teenager derp" post. Really mature. Your setting yourself up for failure because a lot of people are not going to buy that game just like when it was released in Japan so stop bothering me with your nonsense. I need no reason to not like a game.

How classless would it be of me to claim a game is for 10 year olds knowing nothing about it. Oh, and it has like... Pokemon, or something. And you play as a kid. It must be for kids.

That's literally all you have. That's what you sound like. Namco Bandai are prioritizing Ni no Kuni over Xillia because they have just released a Tales game in English and Studio Ghibli has a wider international appeal. Unless you somehow think Xillia would sell more than Ni no Kuni, in which case I really don't know what to say. You've probably never played Xillia, either. It has a kid. His name is Jude. He's 15.
---
http://alst.doorblog.jp
#46Yale_Posted 4/18/2012 4:08:25 PM
he looks cool though. so does milla. id buy xillia over ni no kunai any day
#47PeachSodaPosted 4/18/2012 9:26:31 PM
I love the Tales series and I truly hope they localize Xillia, but it goes without saying that any RPG fan should be excited for Ni no kuni.
---
So, I was like "Hi!" and he was like "Duuuude!"" and I was like, "EEEK!" so I ran away.
#48RytonXPosted 4/22/2012 9:14:01 PM
Go play Fragile Dreams and tell me young protagonists can't make a game more mature...

The kid in FD can't be older than 13 or 14 and the game is incredibly dark, depressing and mature.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2, MW3, Xenoblade
#49Kiryu_KazumaPosted 4/23/2012 12:09:53 AM
PeachSoda posted...
I love the Tales series and I truly hope they localize Xillia, but it goes without saying that any RPG fan should be excited for Ni no kuni.

^^ This. Any JRPG fans with half a brain to not generalize stuffs should and will most definitely be excited for Ni No Kuni. Seriously,have any of these morons seen the highly engaging, deep and thinking man's combat of Ni No Kuni? Most probably not considering their pathetic generalized responses to that awesome game. Ni no Kuni is a very, fun, fun game JRPG fans with skills and worth their salt would really be excited for just like Dark Souls. I mean, I love the Tales series too quite a bit (havent played that many due to localization issues, but Abyss was my fav and sounds like Graces F is pretty good too), but to write off Ni No Kuni just because it has a 10 year old protagonist just shows how extremely asinine and shallow some of these so called "geniuses" within this board. Good lord, help them.
#50darkness1018Posted 4/23/2012 2:20:07 AM
Krichul posted...
Oh boy, fun times with gamefaqs posters.

Literally anyone under the age of 21 to a young adult (21~35), adult (35~65), and especially senior (65+) is considered a kid. Asbel and Luke are kids. Yuri is not. It's funny how you seem to believe this is somehow relevant with Japan's self-aware phobia of aging and their attraction to youth, and their perception of age (30+ being "ossan" or middle-aged despite still being relatively young).

From: zinsindetta | #042And I have seen many trailers. The fighting looked boring and a chore. Story could not be less interesting to me. Everything I have seen makes me disinterested. How classless would I be to find a game you do not like and then go with the "Der der clueless teenager derp" post. Really mature. Your setting yourself up for failure because a lot of people are not going to buy that game just like when it was released in Japan so stop bothering me with your nonsense. I need no reason to not like a game.

How classless would it be of me to claim a game is for 10 year olds knowing nothing about it. Oh, and it has like... Pokemon, or something. And you play as a kid. It must be for kids.

That's literally all you have. That's what you sound like. Namco Bandai are prioritizing Ni no Kuni over Xillia because they have just released a Tales game in English and Studio Ghibli has a wider international appeal. Unless you somehow think Xillia would sell more than Ni no Kuni, in which case I really don't know what to say. You've probably never played Xillia, either. It has a kid. His name is Jude. He's 15.

Im looking forward to both game but this being the west i think the name alone "Ni no Kuni" will prevent a few sales since most non rpg gamers wont give it a try. The Tales series has a bit more name recognition in the west so i think that could carry the sales more then Ni no Kuni. Ill buy both if both are released, but i also think Tales of Xillia would out sell Ni no Kuni due to being a more well known rpg series.