What is the latest news on a US release?

#51darkness1018Posted 4/23/2012 2:21:05 AM
Krichul posted...
I read somewhere that namco just patented the tales of xillia name in the US so best we can do now is hope and pray.
They trademarked Xillia, almost a month ago, which is more or less a reservation to prevent people releasing something under the name in other territories. It doesn't mean, "this game is being localized".

I know it doesnt mean its gonna be localized, hence why i said "hope and pray".
#52penguinguyxPosted 4/24/2012 11:26:38 PM

Legal disambiguation:

They did not "Trademark" Xillia. They registered the mark "Xillia" as a Trademark. Or more correctly, what they would have done is filed a "pre-registration" of the mark "Xillia" stating that they have the intent of using the mark as a Trademark.

A trademark is a word, symbol, name, device or any combination used to identify and distinguish goods/services from those of others, and indicating the source of the goods/services. Registration is not required to have a trademark. But registration does have legal advantages. In order to register the mark as a Trademark it must be used in commerce on the goods/services indicated on their filing.

After "pre-registration" the applicant has 6 months to use the mark in commerce and file a "Statement of Use." If not, then they can file for an "Extension Request" giving them another 6 months to utilize the mark. They may file an extension a total of 5 time. Meaning they have 3 years to hold the mark before they must use it. If they do not use the mark in this time, the application will be deemed abandoned.

Again, registration is not required, but "use in commerce" is required. You have a trademark as long as the mark you are using fits the legal definition of a trademark, and you continue to use it. If you stop using it then, you lose protection for the mark.

**My not so direct point is that as it costs money to register a trademark, or pre-register, it says that they are at least contemplating use of the mark in this market (US).

I wonder if I should add a disclaimer about this not being legal advice, and that this does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

#53StrikeNinja24Posted 4/25/2012 11:29:29 AM
Kiryu_Kazuma posted...
PeachSoda posted...
I love the Tales series and I truly hope they localize Xillia, but it goes without saying that any RPG fan should be excited for Ni no kuni.

^^ This. Any JRPG fans with half a brain to not generalize stuffs should and will most definitely be excited for Ni No Kuni. Seriously,have any of these morons seen the highly engaging, deep and thinking man's combat of Ni No Kuni? Most probably not considering their pathetic generalized responses to that awesome game. Ni no Kuni is a very, fun, fun game JRPG fans with skills and worth their salt would really be excited for just like Dark Souls. I mean, I love the Tales series too quite a bit (havent played that many due to localization issues, but Abyss was my fav and sounds like Graces F is pretty good too), but to write off Ni No Kuni just because it has a 10 year old protagonist just shows how extremely asinine and shallow some of these so called "geniuses" within this board. Good lord, help them.

Yeah, I did watch clips of the combat in Ni No Kuni. The original .hack games were faster and more enticing, and that's saying something.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#54GreenTreeClubPosted 4/29/2012 1:40:07 AM
The game is pretty much confirmed right now. If you see the video where the Producer is answering European fans' questions after the release of Tales of Graces, you can see a picture of Xillia behind him. He would not do that unless it was being released outside of Japan.
---
Ron Paul 2012 - Restore America Now
#55ReiderAsmadiPosted 4/29/2012 6:41:49 PM
GreenTreeClub posted...
The game is pretty much confirmed right now. If you see the video where the Producer is answering European fans' questions after the release of Tales of Graces, you can see a picture of Xillia behind him. He would not do that unless it was being released outside of Japan.

He had a bunch of stuff from many different games all over his office.

I doubt they're releasing Destiny and all the other stuff.

I'm hopeful admittedly but I won't get my hopes up too much until they officially announce it.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#56Tenchi UKPosted 5/15/2012 5:26:57 PM
there has been no news of a directors cut it seems, though i dont remember how long the other games had between being released and a directors cut being announced.

TBH if it doesnt get one id still get exited about the "incomplete" version if it got an english release.

though the fact that the interview was posted by namco gives some hope in the fact that they havent given up on tales.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#57RpgmonkeyPosted 5/15/2012 6:36:26 PM
Kiryu_Kazuma posted...
^^ This. Any JRPG fans with half a brain to not generalize stuffs should and will most definitely be excited for Ni No Kuni. Seriously,have any of these morons seen the highly engaging, deep and thinking man's combat of Ni No Kuni? Most probably not considering their pathetic generalized responses to that awesome game. Ni no Kuni is a very, fun, fun game JRPG fans with skills and worth their salt would really be excited for just like Dark Souls. I mean, I love the Tales series too quite a bit (havent played that many due to localization issues, but Abyss was my fav and sounds like Graces F is pretty good too), but to write off Ni No Kuni just because it has a 10 year old protagonist just shows how extremely asinine and shallow some of these so called "geniuses" within this board. Good lord, help them.

Eh, I'm not going to slight anyone for being interested in it, but the game really does look pretty boring to me.

It reminds me of Lost Odyssey in that the mechanics are sound, there's just...nothing I find particularly exciting about it at all. I'm not bothered by the characters or aesthetic at all, but if I bought it I 'm sure I'd end up never finishing it, at least not until a long time after I already bought it.

I didn't feel bad about doing that for LO as I paid like $15 for it, so I'm going to wait until NNK costs around the same price before biting.

penguinguyx posted...
**My not so direct point is that as it costs money to register a trademark, or pre-register, it says that they are at least contemplating use of the mark in this market (US).

Well yeah, but they do that with several Tales games, some of which haven't been localized, so I think all one can really say when a mark shows up is that they're contemplating it.

Though if you ask me Xillia will come over, just not at anytime I would describe as "soon".
---
Anticipating:FFT0 (PSP), FFvXIII (PS3), ToX (PS3), KH3D (3DS), GW2 (PC)