It sounds like dual audio is in consideration

#31The_FoolXXIIPosted 7/9/2012 11:17:59 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
You'll get dual audio all right... English or French.

I seriously want this.
---
MORNING RESCUE!
The Official Litwick and Bianca of the BW2 Boards
#32generalhsPosted 7/9/2012 11:41:19 AM
Kit, as has been said, licensing the voice track for a new region can be more expensive than dubbing.

Also I would never buy a sub only title because every one I've played has had an awful literal translation with the exception of the Yaluza games. They cheap out on both the dub and the translation.
#33mario7890Posted 7/9/2012 11:44:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34darkzero16Posted 7/9/2012 11:47:31 AM
If the title is so niche and sales expectations so low, why bother dubbing it at all? If it's only a few hardcore fans buying the game, they'll be grateful to get a translation at all, and using pre-existing voices can't possibly cost more than creating an entirely new set, not to mention the time you'd save...

Most people would argue its for potential buyers aka people outside the fanbase.
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate, yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
Awaiting: ToX(NA), Ni no Kuni, P4A, P4G
#35mario7890Posted 7/9/2012 11:55:34 AM
I agree with Kit_Sakurazuka. I watch and play stuff in their original voices too. People need to understand that, It's NOT because we love Japanese Voice Acting or anything, it is because we want to play games in their original voices.

For Example, Gears of War and Halo are American made, so we want to play them with their original voices which is English.

If Russia makes a movie or game, then we want to listen to the voices in Russian, since that is their original voice.

If Korea makes a movie or game, then we want to listen to the voices in Korean, since that is their original voice.

If any other country makes a movie or game, then we want to listen to their voices in their original language.

I think our best hope for a Japanese Voice Option is if the game gets released in Europe first, which there has been some speculations. Then hopefully what happened with Xenoblade will happened with this game.
#36darkzero16Posted 7/9/2012 11:57:16 AM
I prefer original voices but if its done right then IDC. Hell I played through Uncharted in French (In an attempt to add replay value to it) it was fun........sadly I still don't like the game (Well not really sad I got it for free) -_-
---
Nobody wants to be educated and nobody wants to educate, yet everyone wants to have a vibrant opinion - digidevilwil
Awaiting: ToX(NA), Ni no Kuni, P4A, P4G
#37Goul111Posted 7/9/2012 12:10:16 PM
Honestly sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who watches subs/reads manga/reads anything where one just puts familiar voices to the subtitles they read and tries to make the voices match the characters.

Also there still very much of a majority of anime sub watchers who harp on dubs just because its a dub. Their opinions often come pretty biased. Not saying anyone in this topic is, but most people who want Japanese voices tend to do this a lot, even when there are cases where the ENG voice acting sounds better than the JPN, case in point, Persona 4. I don't mind JPN voice acting (I usually just do the aforementioned) but man, Rie Kugumiya's voice for Rise, needless to say is irritating.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#38mario7890Posted 7/9/2012 12:46:11 PM
Well as I said before, we'll see if this turns out to be like Xenoblade, where the Europeans gets the game first. Then maybe they might add a Japanese Voice Option.
#39generalhsPosted 7/9/2012 1:09:20 PM
mario7890 posted...
Well as I said before, we'll see if this turns out to be like Xenoblade, where the Europeans gets the game first. Then maybe they might add a Japanese Voice Option.

It depends on how they handle it in Europe. Most likely Nintendo intended to release Xenoblade with a few different language options (French, Spanish, etc.) so the programming was done to support multiple tracks. Namco never makes that effort (except for White Witch, but the development isn't in studio on that title.)

Most Namco titles just get subtitles and an English dub in non-English regions when it comes to western releases.
#40mario7890Posted 7/9/2012 1:52:34 PM
Many Non-English Speaking European Countries are angry that their games have only an English dub.

They say if United States or United Kingdom gets to have the games dubbed in their own language which is English, then Portugal, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Poland, etc. should have a dub in their own language as well.

However, it is difficult to dub a game in every language. Since dubbing a game in every language can't be done, therefore they want to have an option to have the Original Voices, which is Japanese.