How great is Tales of Xillia?

#1HIroChuPosted 7/7/2012 11:26:18 PM
Critics say its like the best tales game up to date. It received a score of 39/40 from famitsu, and I think it had the second most preorders out of the rest of the tales titles. Before the localization was announced, everyone seemed so desperate to play it and I was too. However, after the localization was announced, I have been seeing so many threads bashing about the game (as in Jude ruins the game, battle system sucks, other titles were so superior to xillia, and all the content that was left out that other tales titles had etc..). Honestly those threads are making me not want the game that much anymore.. :/ the tales series includes titles that hold the title of being my favorite game (tales of the abyss-my favorite game)

Anyways to the point, how great is tales of xillia?
#2saint35Posted 7/7/2012 11:28:51 PM
General consensus from importers: Good game, but lacking a lot of things that game should have apparently had. For example, not as many sidequests as one would expect from tales games and also some do not like Jude's(male protagonist) side of the story in the game.
---
PSN ID: The_Last_Fencer
just play it and form your own damn opinion - Lost7th
#3ikilledkenny2Posted 7/7/2012 11:34:48 PM
Personally I'd say it's a comfortable "Mid-Tier" Tales game. Nothing terrible about it, except that it's missing a lot of side content, but, nothing particularly amazing about it either besides the female cast.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/NarcolepticSloth
http://backloggery.com/NarcolepticSloth
#4orlando1210Posted 7/7/2012 11:54:13 PM(edited)
There's also the rushed feeling in the story and stuff, and places that are not as fleshed out as they could have been. Just majority of the problem is rushed, and there were supposed to be like two more playable characters where you can pick either one of them or not get any of them at all, leading to more variety of scenes and basically more branches of the story... edit;(almost went spoilerish with the last sentence)
#5dot21496Posted 7/8/2012 1:28:05 AM
saint35 posted...
For example, not as many sidequests as one would expect from tales games

I really don't understand this complaint. There are tons of sidequests to do in this game and it's much more forgiving than Vesperia.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3G (JP/3DS)