Question about costumes

#1keybladesrusPosted 3/20/2013 10:33:30 AM
How many are in-game? I've seen a lot of them in videos, but I've heard that the game doesn't have many non-DLC costumes. So how many are there, and which ones are they?
---
"Let's just say they're...not okay" - Madara Uchiha
#2Jude_MathisPosted 3/20/2013 10:35:48 AM
There's 4 in total, 2 for Milla, 1 for Jude, and 1 for Alvin.

2 of which can be spoilerific.
---
http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac309/Cvetr/LOL_zps81808bf9.jpg
#3keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:46:22 AM
...Wow. I was expecting at least one per character. That kind of sucks. Oh well, the game looks great, so it's not a big deal or anything. That's just pretty disappointing...
---
#4XxHAVIC101xXPosted 3/20/2013 10:55:12 AM
They most likely wanted to capitalize on DLC. I personally really dislike the way gaming companies go about using DLC.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc86e7uH1M1r2ttfeo1_400.gif
"But I'm the king. . ."
#5keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:59:09 AM
XxHAVIC101xX posted...
They most likely wanted to capitalize on DLC. I personally really dislike the way gaming companies go about using DLC.

I hate it. It wouldn't be as bad if I had an internet connection for my PS3, but I don't. I can't even buy DLC if I do want it... But multiple costumes are pretty much expected in Tales, or at least the ones that I've played or seen. They should have had more in-game.
---
#6Elec Man EXEPosted 3/20/2013 11:27:49 AM
DLC is fine if its extra. But when it becomes clear that companies are holding back content for DLC, thats when its a problem.

I'd definately argue that to be the case in the Tales series, where we went from 2-3 costumes per character in Symphonia, to 3-6 per character in Abyss, 5-8 per character in Vesperia (with the PS3 version adding even more in-game costumes AND DLC that was actually extra)... and then downhill from there, with Graces going back to costume numbers matching Symphonia but having a bunch of DLC, and then of course Xillia which just completely gutted the in-game costumes in leiu of DLC. Seriously, no costumes at all for half the cast is just pathetic.

I really hope they reverse this trend, but I'm not holding my breath. They pulled it off wonderfully in Vesperia PS3 which proves they CAN do it, but if the current DLC model is making them money (which I assume it is) then there's little reason for them to do anything differently. Unless their Japanese fanbase is complaining about it.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#7XxHAVIC101xXPosted 3/20/2013 11:29:25 AM
keybladesrus posted...
XxHAVIC101xX posted...

I hate it. It wouldn't be as bad if I had an internet connection for my PS3, but I don't. I can't even buy DLC if I do want it... But multiple costumes are pretty much expected in Tales, or at least the ones that I've played or seen. They should have had more in-game.

They might not do this again though. Tales of Innocence R, Xillia 2, and Hearts R have a lot of in-game costumes, I've heard. They still have a lot of DLC too.

Makes me think that most future games will follow suit.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc86e7uH1M1r2ttfeo1_400.gif
"But I'm the king. . ."
#8keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:13:24 PM
XxHAVIC101xX posted...
keybladesrus posted...
XxHAVIC101xX posted...

They might not do this again though. Tales of Innocence R, Xillia 2, and Hearts R have a lot of in-game costumes, I've heard. They still have a lot of DLC too.

Makes me think that most future games will follow suit.

So Xillia 2 has a good number of in-game costumes? That's cool. I really hope that makes it over here...
---
#9Elec Man EXEPosted 3/21/2013 4:47:40 PM
Xillia 2 has a good number of in-game costumes? I thought I'd heard it was about the same as the original, though granted I've read almost nothing about X2 (I don't even know what the characters look like and I've only seen names in passing) so I wouldn't be that suprised if I was wrong. And I hope I am.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#10XendylPosted 3/21/2013 5:16:21 PM(edited)
Elec Man EXE posted...
Xillia 2 has a good number of in-game costumes? I thought I'd heard it was about the same as the original, though granted I've read almost nothing about X2 (I don't even know what the characters look like and I've only seen names in passing) so I wouldn't be that suprised if I was wrong. And I hope I am.

9 of them are re-colors of the default outfits
9 of them are the default outfits but without the character's "jacket" on
8 of them is just unlocking their Xillia 1 outfits
8 of them are recolors of those outfits
2 of them is just the Xillia 1 pre-order bonus now being unlockable through gameplay
1 of them is spoilerific but still rehashed from Xillia 1
And of course the 4 in-game costumes from Xillia 1 being unlockable again

The only "original" in-game costumes are Ludger's so that's like.....5...
---
Let's Play: Tales of Xillia 2
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88265