"Tales of Xillia with audio in Japanese

#111generalhsPosted 4/6/2013 1:14:49 PM(edited)
The_FoolXXII posted...
I'm talking about pirates.

Kit is a pirate. She's admitted in the past to downloading games (undubs) because she has a very low tolerance for dubbed voices in Japanese games. It's right in her sig.

She also says she's near fluent in Japanese so I don't know why she actually needs the undubs in the first place, though. Iirc, English isn't even her primary language.

EDIT: To be fair, she's also imported games before. My guess is she plays the Japanese copy then uses the "undub" to catch things she missed.
#112darkzero16Posted 4/6/2013 1:10:38 PM
She also says she's near fluent in Japanese so I don't know why she actually needs the undubs in the first place, though. Iirc, English isn't even her primary language.

They all seem to say that. Guess its part of their motto.
---
Ludicolo is the apex of pokemon design.
Maybe if you enjoy racism... >_> It's a water-grass, Mexican-themed Pokemon that..learns Thief
#113Kit_SakurazukaPosted 4/6/2013 5:30:55 PM
The_FoolXXII posted...
I'm talking about pirates.

Even if they pirate or stick to imports specifically because of the voices, if it's such a tiny minority, how could it possibly make a noticeable difference in overall sales?

generalhs posted...
Kit is a pirate. She's admitted in the past to downloading games (undubs) because she has a very low tolerance for dubbed voices in Japanese games. It's right in her sig.

EDIT: To be fair, she's also imported games before. My guess is she plays the Japanese copy then uses the "undub" to catch things she missed.

I think you're thinking of someone else, because English is most definitely my first language, and I've also never said I was fluent. I can read a little, and understand enough of the spoken dialogue too follow the story, but if they talk too fast or you get that one character who uses a funky dialect it's easy to lose the thread of the conversation.

Also, it's hardly fair to call me names when Graces is the only PS3 game I've been really interested in that didn't offer some legal way of getting a subbed version (and that's all I'll say on the matter, since I always seem to get modded in topics with you ^_^).
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Hakuoki: DotFB.
#114generalhsPosted 4/6/2013 6:16:48 PM(edited)
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
Even if they pirate or stick to imports specifically because of the voices, if it's such a tiny minority, how could it possibly make a noticeable difference in overall sales?

Oh, I agree. The actual number of pirates for a niche game like Tales is probably quite small. I bet the piracy rate on PS3 is fairly low in general. Publishers love to blame pirates for low sales, but the simple fact of the matter is that most pirates are people who wouldn't buy the game anyways (or people from countries where the game isn't available.)

Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
Also, it's hardly fair to call me names when Graces is the only PS3 game I've been really interested in that didn't offer some legal way of getting a subbed version (and that's all I'll say on the matter, since I always seem to get modded in topics with you ^_^).

You've referred to your modded PS3 as your "Tales machine" and you advertise the fact you play a pirated copy in your signature. You have also openly admitted you will pirate Xillia on these boards.

I must have confused you with somebody else on the language thing (my guess is RPG Maniac or Sie.)
#115EnjuPosted 4/6/2013 7:17:05 PM
dual audio would be especially cool in Xillia since i've already imported and been playing in the game in japanese so i'm honestly rather used to hearing the characters japanese voices but that aside i've actually had very little to complain about in the dubs of tales games and with some of them i've really loved their english casts like in the case of Symphonia and Abyss, Yuri and Flynn are great examples too from Vesperia
---
Check out my Style Savvy: Trendsetters tumbler! http://boysmode.tumblr.com/
#116Mr_ChocoFantasyPosted 4/6/2013 9:12:56 PM
I'm not particularly fond in trying to argue these things, but every sale counts when it comes to a niche title like this right?
---
"If you want a chocolate fantasy, here i am!"
#117Milla_MaxwellPosted 4/6/2013 9:22:45 PM
generalhs posted...
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...

Oh, I agree. The actual number of pirates for a niche game like Tales is probably quite small. I bet the piracy rate on PS3 is fairly low in general. Publishers love to blame pirates for low sales, but the simple fact of the matter is that most pirates are people who wouldn't buy the game anyways (or people from countries where the game isn't available.)

Kit_Sakurazuka posted...

You've referred to your modded PS3 as your "Tales machine" and you advertise the fact you play a pirated copy in your signature. You have also openly admitted you will pirate Xillia on these boards.

I must have confused you with somebody else on the language thing (my guess is RPG Maniac or Sie.)

Don't GameFAQs mods typically Mod you if you talk about piracy?
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
http://www.abload.de/img/aonp7v.gif
#118Nightmare637Posted 4/7/2013 12:56:15 AM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
generalhs posted...
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...

Kit_Sakurazuka posted...

Don't GameFAQs mods typically Mod you if you talk about piracy?

Mods don't mod anything anymore.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#119buffy720Posted 4/7/2013 5:28:33 AM
Oh, they still mod for talking about piracy, which is what has gotten Kit in trouble here before.

I'm so happy to see this topic still alive... *sigh*
---
"You're right. I am a weapon. Every cell in my body is aching for a fight. They long to collide with their anti-existence." ~ Jr.
#120Ace_DefectivePosted 4/7/2013 7:54:09 AM
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Ace_Defective posted...
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Why are people so AGAINST dual audio? It doesn't effect you in any way, it just sounds like people saying it to be immature and out of spite.

Tales of Xillia has Sugita and Miyuki in it, why wouldn't you want to hear their voices?

I'm not against dual audio. In fact, I'm all for it. But if it means sacrificing a significant amount of voiced lines in the game (worst case scenario: skits) then yeah, I'd be against it. Seeing as how this seems to be the case for Gust titles where dual audio was a staple until Ayesha and voiced lines are cut, I wouldn't be surprised if the inclusion of this feature would gimp Tales the same way.
Hyperdimension Neptunia suffers the most from bad localization, its worse than Commie/GG fansubs but with the Atelier games it wasn't that bad though I never play with Dubs unless I have to (ie right now with ToGF) so I don't notice when lines are cut. Do you mean the English dub would be cut on skits or both? Why ?

Sorry but just to let you know just in case that I don't mean to ignore your question or anything but Niennae pretty much answered it for me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Please make it happen, tri-Ace.