Tales of Money

#1_Spes_Posted 4/21/2013 11:47:15 AM
Been struggling with the decision of whether or not I should pre-order the CE. The artbook would be cool and the statue would be nice. I don't care for the soundtrack. One of the biggest incentives would be to support the franchise. I wonder what the special packaging is supposed to be. As much as I would like to get the CE just to get the CE, I will probably just go with the standard edition. I need to be smart about my finances and I may forgo the CE due to wanting: Lightning Returns, FFX HD, KH 1.5 Remix, Dark Souls II and potentially Diablo 3. Forgoing the CE would allow me to get one of the other games in place of the CE extras, especially if the two remakes in my wish list are at a lower retail cost (which I believe they will be).
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#2DreexpuppyPosted 4/21/2013 12:06:23 PM
Either way you're supporting the series. SO it doesn't matter Which edition you get. :)
#3GreenhowsePosted 4/21/2013 12:11:36 PM
Yeah dude, your position is understandable. You don't have to buy the CE. I'm not, and I don't plan to buy too many games this year. I think you've given it a fair amount of thought.
---
Proud recipient of the 2nd Gary Player Award!
Posting from a glasshouse in the sky. Will Megaman for 8.95
#4_Spes_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:13:19 PM
Yep. This is a must-buy for me, so I am glad to support the series. I would definitely like to see Xillia 2. Long-live the RPG genre! I hope the genre gets back to its former glory. I don't want it to be a dying entity; a niche.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#5_Spes_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:16:36 PM
Greenhowse posted...
Yeah dude, your position is understandable. You don't have to buy the CE. I'm not, and I don't plan to buy too many games this year. I think you've given it a fair amount of thought.

Thanks. I typically don't buy very many games, particularly because my genre of choice is RPG and we know how the RPG genre has evolved. I hate waiting for an RPG to hit the market once in a blue moon.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#6HolyLancer9Posted 4/21/2013 12:20:14 PM
In all honesty, you're probably not going to be hurting anything by not getting the CE.....sounds like they're fairly limited, judging by the fact that there are all kinds of threads about how they're appearing to already by sold out almost everywhere. So, it looks like they're all going to be moved regardless of if you get one or not.

As others have mentioned, just getting the game in any capacity is helping the game and the series out.
---
http://www.zibaricon.org/
Randomness. Awesomeness. And comics.
#7_Spes_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:24:34 PM
Despite not getting the CE myself, it's good enough for me to know that their stock is depleting. That should be proof enough that we want the series to thrive. I hope Xillia turns out to be a great game. I read from the community that Xillia seems to be stronger in the story department and weaker in gameplay than Graces F. I think I would invite that change. Tales battling is always fun...so I welcome deeper and intriguing story elements/character progression.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#8RyuuHou25Posted 4/21/2013 12:34:19 PM
_Spes_ posted...
Despite not getting the CE myself, it's good enough for me to know that their stock is depleting. That should be proof enough that we want the series to thrive. I hope Xillia turns out to be a great game. I read from the community that Xillia seems to be stronger in the story department and weaker in gameplay than Graces F. I think I would invite that change. Tales battling is always fun...so I welcome deeper and intriguing story elements/character progression.

The stock selling out in Canada should at least hopefully start showing companies that hey, they want these things too!!

But yeah, pre ordering the game either way supports it and will hopefully show them without a doubt that the Tales series, and in conjunction other RPG series made for Japan, can and will do well over in NA as well as EU.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#9_Spes_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:37:31 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
The stock selling out in Canada should at least hopefully start showing companies that hey, they want these things too!!

But yeah, pre ordering the game either way supports it and will hopefully show them without a doubt that the Tales series, and in conjunction other RPG series made for Japan, can and will do well over in NA as well as EU.

It seems to be selling out in CA, EU and NA. Heck yeah!
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#10I_caught_firePosted 4/21/2013 12:49:14 PM
I'm exactly the same - I just want the game and pre-order DLC.

The price of the CE makes me sick. 80 ($120) for basically the same as the Graces f Day One edition (which was 40) plus a figurine. I'm going to be hugely disappointed if buying this is the only way to obtain the DLC.
---
soundcloud.com/youlovehercozshesdead