Not on Xillia, but Symphonia news

#1FooFighters25Posted 5/12/2013 1:42:38 PM
Basically, Hideo Baba hinted at an HD remake for Symphonia and Symphonia 2 for the PS3.

http://www.koi-nya.net/2013/05/12/hideo-baba-deja-caer-una-posible-remasterizacion-para-ps3-de-ambos-tales-of-symphonia-tales-of-symphonia-perfect-edition/

The article is in Spanish, but you can just copy and paste it into a translator.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#2LeeC2013Posted 5/12/2013 1:46:43 PM
for both symphonias? on ps3? yays~
I would love that, since I never got to play the first one, and I was one of the few people who loved the second one.
---
nightcore <3
3DS FC:4554-0006-3087
#3Kayos90Posted 5/12/2013 1:47:14 PM
Hmm.... I wonder what i said a couple weeks back about Tales this year. Hmm... I wonder what I was hinting at.
---
Twitter @kayos90
Nothing to review at the moment.
#4NiennaePosted 5/12/2013 1:48:47 PM(edited)
I know that there are many, many Tales games that deserve a remake way more than Symphonia, but...

I want this, I want this so bad.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this got a simultaneous or near simultaneous localization.
---
PS3 Favorites: Tales of Graces f, Resonance of Fate and Valkyria Chronicles
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Leninha
#5LeeC2013Posted 5/12/2013 1:48:42 PM
Kayos90 posted...
Hmm.... I wonder what i said a couple weeks back about Tales this year. Hmm... I wonder what I was hinting at.

what? about what-who-where?
---
nightcore <3
3DS FC:4554-0006-3087
#6DragoonGriffithPosted 5/12/2013 1:49:14 PM
I'd buy this so bad. Yes, there are games that need it more, but Symphonia is a favorite so whatever. I love it.

Importing if need be.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#7ZaigouPosted 5/12/2013 1:49:30 PM
*Inb4JapanOnly.

Well, I never played the original Symphonia so I guess this would be nice to have. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Symphonia 2 universally despised? I'm not sure if remaking it would be that great an idea (: / ).
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#8Regurk_AbasPosted 5/12/2013 1:50:56 PM
Funny how you didn't mention that according to their source, Xillia 2 is also getting localized.
---
- The backtracking. Oh dear lord it sucks.
- Shut up and return to Daath already.
#9XxHAVIC101xXPosted 5/12/2013 1:55:32 PM
LeeC2013 posted...
for both symphonias? on ps3? yays~
I would love that, since I never got to play the first one, and I was one of the few people who loved the second one.

I enjoyed the second one. Though I believe I'm in the group that thinks it should have been it's own game and not a Symphonia sequel. But maybe a remake would change that.

But if this is true then I'll be extremely happy. Symphonia isn't my favorite (not even close, but I love the game a lot) but it was the first one I've played. I would very much enjoy a remake of it.

I want Regal to be more involved.
I want Sheena to be better.
I don't want spells to get in the way of other spells.
I want Symphonia 2's story to be told better.
And I want to play as Colette again. She so strong, and unique.
And I want to play as Marta again. I love her design and moveset.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bgz6g4Ni1rs0cx5o1_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2bgz6g4Ni1rs0cx5o2_500.gif
#10Ampharos64Posted 5/12/2013 2:02:06 PM(edited)
Oooh, exciting thought. I'd hoped to see Symphonia on 3DS, but I certainly wouldn't complain about a PS3 version (I enjoyed DotNW, too, despite its many flaws. Not sure I'd bother playing it again though). Guess we'll have to wait and see if it actually happens, and if we get it if so. I'd think it might be the PS2 version (it might feel like a step back to Japanese fans otherwise), in which case there would of course be new stuff to localise. Actually, didn't Nintendo help with the original localisation costs, could there be any issues there?

Well, way too early to worry yet, at any rate. I'd really like it to happen, though, if only so my friend can play it (she's a Tales fan, but never had a GameCube).

XxHAVIC101xX posted...
I enjoyed the second one. Though I believe I'm in the group that thinks it should have been it's own game and not a Symphonia sequel. But maybe a remake would change that.

I felt that too, looking at the concept art I wondered whether it was really the original intention it be a sequel to Symphonia, it seemed so different. While I enjoyed the fanservice and just seeing the locations again, it probably would've been better had it been allowed to develop into it's own game.