Your favorite menu interface

#110000_needlesPosted 6/19/2013 2:04:27 PM
Of the recent tales games, which one has your favorite menu system? - Results (82 votes)
Tales of Symphonia
4.88% (4 votes)
Tales of Rebirth
3.66% (3 votes)
Tales of Legendia
0% (0 votes)
Tales of the Abyss
14.63% (12 votes)
Tales of Innocence
0% (0 votes)
Tales of Vesperia
20.73% (17 votes)
Tales of Hearts
0% (0 votes)
Tales of Graces
31.71% (26 votes)
Tales of Xillia
15.85% (13 votes)
Tales of Xillia 2
8.54% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hi, I see there's been a lot of dual audio talk, and since I find it boring, I decided to put a "new" "favorite" topic.

I personnally liked the menus in Graces a lot, with light blue being one of my favorite color and the bubble-ish design of the buttons.

Your thoughts? How do you see menu's becoming in future Tales game? Could there be a Tales game with no menu's at all? Please share your thoughts.
---
You dont know it yet, but you're already dead. "Hokuto no Ken"
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 6/19/2013 2:10:55 PM
Definitely the two Xillia's menus and interface. It looks very polished and nice.
---
Tales of Rebirth = SARPG
#3XxHAVIC101xXPosted 6/19/2013 2:12:40 PM(edited)
My favorites aren't even on that list.

Phantasia: NDX

Innocence R

Hearts R

I think they look really cool and fitting for each game. And I love the artwork used for the characters.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6qrpycdSF1qinkv4.gif
#4darkzero16Posted 6/19/2013 2:28:27 PM
Never really pay much thought. Think they all look nice. Going with NDX

Symphonia gets points for being able to change its colors and backgrounds.

Xillia looks nice too from the demos on YT.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U7Uq37o.jpg
#5aquamafiaPosted 6/19/2013 2:39:36 PM
I like the fact that many parts of Graces' menus were interconnected. You could get to your titles through your equipment and see all of your items through many shop menus and dualizing. However, they really should have let you organize your items so looking through shards wasn't such a chore.

As silly as it sounds, the menu sounds are what I most remember. Abyss's menu is nostalgic just for its menu sounds to me. I remember Vesperia's very clearly because I heard the menu in a lot of youtube videos before I played it. Graces menu sounds were always kinda obnoxious to me though >_>
---
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.
#6MadDewgPosted 6/19/2013 2:43:25 PM
Vesperia's was all nice and neat for me (especially since 2008 was around the time when I started playing games through HDMI instead of component cables). Grace's menu was a little bit too colorful/bright for me (wasn't annoying though...just kinda in my face I guess).
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing monster hunter 3 ult., fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, shantae: risky's revenge
#7JRPGvisionaryPosted 6/19/2013 2:52:16 PM
ToG was shmancy.
ToV was efficient.
Still haven't seen ToX/ToX2 But I presume they're sexier.
#8Ace_DefectivePosted 6/19/2013 3:16:12 PM
Abyss for me. Love the book theme.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Goddammit I'm begging you, tri-Ace!
#9shadowysea07Posted 6/19/2013 3:42:56 PM
ugh abyss menu was just so inefficient. 3 pages just to get to the cc and fc pages :/
I liked the sound effects for it though.
---
You are now dressed as the last video game character you played as.
Arogance1 posted...I'm a tetris brick lol
#10AyeJavonPosted 6/19/2013 4:10:49 PM
Abyss for me. I love how they had a piece of tape on the characters pictures. It was like you were looking through an investigation booklet or something.