Tales of Xillia could possibly be crediting its Voice Actors.

#1Goul111Posted 7/5/2013 4:29:04 PM
So anyone who keeps up with Dynasty Warriors may know that Travis Willingham doesn't seem to be reprising the characters he voiced for DW7, Xu Huang and Zhou Tai, in Dynasty Warriors 8. I just heard that he went Union, which would explain why his characters have different actors. This conflicts with something.

Namco tend to not credit actors in Tales games and haven't done so since Tales of Symphonia, but with the knowledge in mind, a new Voice Director, Actors who aren't usually in uncredited games, Namco actually acknowledging that these people are the ones portraying the voices of their characters (since when have they ever come out and said that these guys did these voices, or even asked them to make appearances for marketing campaigns?) and Travis Willingham voicing Gaius, an actor who is Union...I think the conclusion can drawn that Namco is crediting the actors for this game...which means that they MIGHT as ask Tales of Symphonia's actors to reprise roles for the HD remake...not sure if they'd re-record voices for DotNW though.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#2Mr_ChocoFantasyPosted 7/5/2013 4:35:56 PM
Well if it's true that they'll be crediting the English voice actors, it just goes to show how much they're willing to bet on xillia being a great commercial success. Hell, maybe they'll be using union actors in the future. But at the same time, I can't help but think when did Wilingham go union? If he went union after the fact of doing Gaius' voice, would they still have to credit him or maybe they can jump through this loophole...
---
"If you want a chocolate fantasy, here i am!"
#3Ace_DefectivePosted 7/5/2013 4:52:08 PM
What if Travis went union after he was done recording Xillia. I'm kinda worried now because if that's the case, he wouldn't be reprising his role for Xillia 2...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tAjKHgxrJQ <3
Forever hoping for a sequel. Goddammit I'm begging you, tri-Ace!
#4MabinogiFanPosted 7/5/2013 4:55:52 PM
The voice recording for Xillia was completed back in November, and they said that the whole process took eight weeks. So if Travis went Union during last August at the very least, this theory will hold some water.
#5generalhsPosted 7/5/2013 5:02:52 PM
It also means it's less likely he'll reprise his role for Xillia 2.

The issue with union actors is that, once you have one on a project, they ALL must be union. It's the rules.
#6DaGr8FlynnScifoPosted 7/5/2013 5:21:48 PM
generalhs posted...
It also means it's less likely he'll reprise his role for Xillia 2.

The issue with union actors is that, once you have one on a project, they ALL must be union. It's the rules.

Are all the Symphonia Voice Actors Union?

I thought Heather Hogan was able to reprise her role in Dawn of the New World.
---
Raine Sage and Arche Klein: the only two women you never want to see in the kitchen.
#7generalhsPosted 7/5/2013 6:10:59 PM(edited)
DaGr8FlynnScifo posted...
Are all the Symphonia Voice Actors Union?.

Most of them went union after Symphonia. Hogan might not have been union when she recorded DOTNW. I'm not sure if she's union at all, actually.

I know Crispin Freeman went union a few years after Symphonia and a lot of the others followed shortly.
#8GhimelPosted 7/5/2013 6:40:55 PM
even if they were interested in using union actors, it wouldn't matter since some of the symphonia cast have stopped doing voice overs as far as I know
#9SempiedPosted 7/5/2013 7:32:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Matthew Mercer (Alvin) is also a union VA to, and he was well into union work before Xillia.

Which either means....Xillia IS a union dub, or this is just convenience. Either way, it does make worries naturally arise if they do Xillia 2 and the question of getting our cast here back will be possible...or if we'll get another DotNW
#10Goul111(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 7:47:20 PM
Ghimel posted...
even if they were interested in using union actors, it wouldn't matter since some of the symphonia cast have stopped doing voice overs as far as I know

True. Zelos's voice actor was a TV Actor and only actually did three video game voices. Even then, he's done acting, though apparently someone sent a letter to him and he said he'd love to reprise.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.